U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 04:47 PM

4,515 posts, read 1,940,056 times

Advertisements

Of course walls work. Just ask Israel and China. Ask the millions of wealthy people with walls around their homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 05:11 PM

10,699 posts, read 3,738,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
https://nypost.com/2018/01/13/we-alr...-and-it-works/

Great to see huge reductions in crime there, via a Big, Beautiful wall.
El Paso was never a big crime problem. In fact the trustworthy numbers never really moved. Look at the murder rate...same before and after the fencing. And rapes have gone up.

And of course there are places where a wall makes sense...San Diego and El Paso both being good examples. Though the wall in general should be made as unobtrusive as possible.

So no the wall had no real effect on violent crime in El Paso. El Paso is also relatively low on crime while having a very high illegal immigrant population.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:22 PM

13,475 posts, read 11,020,697 times
If Democrats thought for a min that illegals were voting Republican, we would see a border wall from space, with landmines, high voltage electrocution fencing and booby traps surrounding it. That's no joke, either. LOl

Old 01-14-2018, 05:23 PM

17,985 posts, read 17,140,226 times
If it would really work, then go ahead and build it. I don't think most liberals are against it IF it would really do the job. But I wouldn't be for it if it's a waste of good money.

I'm liberal and I don't know any liberals who want illegals invading our country. We have a LEGAL immigration policy and they should use it.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:25 PM

58,451 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is no need to build a big, beautiful wall all along our entire border just complete the wall already approved by congress in 2006 on the most porous areas of our border. Much of the border has natural barriers and the Border Patrol can take care of those areas.
The wall which was approved in 2006 was already completed, and if it had solved the problem, we would not be talking about another wall.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:32 PM

11,635 posts, read 3,242,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If Democrats thought for a min that illegals were voting Republican, we would see a border wall from space, with landmines, high voltage electrocution fencing and booby traps surrounding it. That's no joke, either. LOl
Haha no doubt. They would be enforcing the immigration law and deporting illegals too.

And if Democrats thought for a min legal immigrants voted Republican in majority, they'd shut down legal immigration too. That's probably why there's recordings of Democrats being on the other side of the issue. Perhaps they didn't realize how single-party Democrat immigrants vote.

It would be hilarious to watch Democrats all flip their script on immigration if there was some way to get immigrants and non-whites to majority vote Republican. Republican sure have tried for decades to no avail. About the only way would be to go full open borders, full welfare, and full anti-white scapegoat, but "out-Democrating" the democrats would obviously be pointless.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:03 PM

20,892 posts, read 22,671,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

Great to see huge reductions in crime there, via a Big, Beautiful wall.

It's a see-thru fence and not a wall. You know the difference right?

Old 01-14-2018, 06:12 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If it would really work, then go ahead and build it. I don't think most liberals are against it IF it would really do the job. But I wouldn't be for it if it's a waste of good money.

I'm liberal and I don't know any liberals who want illegals invading our country. We have a LEGAL immigration policy and they should use it.

Since there has already been proof provided that the good walls do work what's with the word "if"? It's not a waste of money since they do work.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:14 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
It's a see-thru fence and not a wall. You know the difference right?

Not a see through "fence" but a wall and what's the difference since they have proven to work?

Old 01-14-2018, 06:23 PM

4,241 posts, read 1,464,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
El Paso was never a big crime problem. In fact the trustworthy numbers never really moved. Look at the murder rate...same before and after the fencing. And rapes have gone up.

good job contradicting yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration