U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 08:37 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
They were given SSNs
Sadly, you are right. I don't know why they would give SSNs to anyone in temporary status, well, under Obama...........

Not a big deal. When DACA goes, those numbers won't be worth the paper they are written on. I wonder if their illegal alien parents use the numbers of their DACA children like they do their anchor babies.

Some of the other illegal aliens, ones that haven't committed identity theft, use the other numbers, mostly for applying for Child Tax Credits, not paying income tax.

Here are the steps: https://undocu.berkeley.edu/faq/how-...curity-number/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 08:54 AM

11,357 posts, read 7,408,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
1 in 8 illegal aliens now hold a white collar job............
That's true as long as working in fast food restaurants and other service jobs are called "white collar".

Would you like one of those "white collar" jobs?

Old 01-15-2018, 09:28 AM

30,410 posts, read 9,092,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qazz12 View Post
Agnes Lee, 22, is a Korean-born corporate banker working for a huge US financial firm on Wall Street. She is also an undocumented immigrant and a Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals participant.

Undocumented Asian immigrants eye DACA future - CNNPolitics

Newsflash (because, since you neglected to put your thread title in quotes, it appears that YOU believe this garbage): People here illegally are neither undocumented, nor immigrants. They're illegal aliens.

Stop bastardizing generations of true immigrants by conflating immigration with entering this country illegally, or being here illegally by overstaying visas.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:37 AM

13,031 posts, read 7,199,948 times
Build that wall. Oh wait, that only works for a small percent of illegal aliens. Oops. My bad?

Old 01-15-2018, 02:46 PM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Build that wall. Oh wait, that only works for a small percent of illegal aliens. Oops. My bad?

Small percentage of illegal aliens? Thousands are still attempting to get through our southern border every year. Oops, is right.

Last edited by Oldglory; 01-15-2018 at 02:57 PM..

Old 01-15-2018, 03:07 PM

1,125 posts, read 449,244 times
One less banking job for US citizens but Dems don't care

Old 01-17-2018, 09:00 AM

13,031 posts, read 7,199,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Small percentage of illegal aliens? Thousands are still attempting to get through our southern border every year. Oops, is right.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...mmigrants.html

So how is the wall going to stop all of the illegal aliens or is it just the Mexican's that concern you? How many of those illegal Mexican's drive and fly into our country and over stay their visa's? It might be a tad simple minded to think that everyone illegal walks across the border from Mexico ya think? Why spend billions to address a small percentage of people crossing our border on an expensive wall when that money should be used to address all illegal aliens?

Old 01-18-2018, 06:37 AM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...mmigrants.html

So how is the wall going to stop all of the illegal aliens or is it just the Mexican's that concern you? How many of those illegal Mexican's drive and fly into our country and over stay their visa's? It might be a tad simple minded to think that everyone illegal walks across the border from Mexico ya think? Why spend billions to address a small percentage of people crossing our border on an expensive wall when that money should be used to address all illegal aliens?

No, all illegal aliens concern me and it's high time that the race card pulling was stopped. The wall won't stop all illegal aliens but I have posted a couple of links numerous times denoting how well the good walls work to deter border jumpers. There are still thousands of illegal aliens annually that are border jumpers. That's still a lot of illegal aliens annually, not a small percentage.

I think you and I have had this discussion several times before and as I said visa over stayers will have to be addressed in a different way and should be. Monies should be allotted to stop both border jumpers and visa over stayers as they are both a problem.

Old 01-19-2018, 06:49 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't believe any polls that claim that most Americans want these DACAs to remain here. Why would they vote against their own best interests? Must of polled a bunch of bleeding heart liberals or ethnocentrics. Besides, polls can be worded to gain the desired results. Most DACAs do not fit the description of the woman above. She still needs to go back home with her parents though and apply to come back legally or remain there and be an asset to her own country. It's not like we have a shortage of college educated Americans to do the job she has taken. Here's what many or most DACAs actually are.

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/...-daca-program/

https://immigrationreform.com/2017/1...#comment-88430
I don't believe the polls either (you have to be liberal to believe them, and stupid since they predicted Hillary Clinton would be POTUS). Yesterday in the main Politics area, the topic read "MOST" Americans. It was a survey done by CBS (checking their record, mid-Oct they said Hillary lead Trump by 14 points: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-hi...ts-nationally/) and the fact that they polled a little over 2,000 where the majority of the 2,000 said they supported DACA (most probably didn't have a clue what it was), they drew the conclusion that "MOST" Americans supported it. Are they gullible or just stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
That's true as long as working in fast food restaurants and other service jobs are called "white collar".

Would you like one of those "white collar" jobs?
Ever heard of "googling", it can dispel ignorance.

https://splinternews.com/one-in-eigh...-ha-1793846660

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...port/70479062/

More Illegal Immigrants Snagging White-Collar Jobs | The Fiscal Times

I don't know if you know the difference between blue and white collar, but geesh, google it yourself. This liberals operating under "ignorance is bliss"..................

DACA and the rest of their clan needs to go home!

Old 01-19-2018, 08:27 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
These people in the article took the jobs and college opportunities from an American kid who would have otherwise earned those opportunities.

The article also says that she could leave for 10 years or get married to a legal citizen. Could it really be that easy?
Yep, my neighbor, who is gay, married a french chick, also gay, to circumvent citizenship in both Countries. Then they divorced after a time period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or