U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2018, 07:38 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,234,893 times

Advertisements

Illegals better start heading home if this happens, there will no longer be any place for them to hide.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-city-leaders/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 07:59 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
It is about darn time. Again, as with all issues with illegal immigration, we have laws to cover this. Harboring illegal aliens is against the law.

The law is very clear: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324

Go get them ICE!

Old 01-21-2018, 08:13 AM

30,090 posts, read 15,651,256 times
Correct.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:40 AM

954 posts, read 393,921 times
I hope that is true but I suspect the advice that will come back is that they can't pursue it. If they were serious about doing it they wouldn't be asking for "avenues" -- they don't do that when a tom, drick or harry is indicted.

IMHO the goal of these prosecutions would NOT be winning. It would be the elected officials perp walk into the courthouse in shackles. That is all that it would take. So I don't see what they are looking at.

If you know anything about the law you know that a lot of deference is paid to the prosecutor. A judge cannot dismiss a case over the gov't or state's objection. So any case would likely be around for a year or more before it faced a challenge.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:48 AM

9,785 posts, read 7,102,126 times
It is ridiculous that our elected can choose to shelter people that are breaking our immigration laws.

I say turn the raids into a reality show that would be a blend of "Cops" "Americas Most Wanted" and the TV drama "Law and Order" .
The Lefty media is casting these illegal aliens as victims of the racist gestapo Trump administration. The Left are doing their best to blend illegal aliens with legal immigrants to make it seem that Trump is against all immigrants, except for his wife, she doesn't count..

I heard the results of a poll on NPR this morning that stated that more than 80% of Americans want the DACA people to have a path to citizenship. I wonder who they polled?
Either way the media displays illegal immigrants as poor victims that only want to live an American crime free life style and pay their taxes.. Ok some do but some don't and that is where the problem lies.

If we had a reality show that showed the negative effects that illegal immigration has on our society it might just change some minds as to why the Dems are so keen on protecting these people.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:14 AM

954 posts, read 393,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is ridiculous that our elected can choose to shelter people that are breaking our immigration laws. .
What is more ridiculous is that people can choose what laws to enforce and what to ignore. That gives them a tremendous amount of power that I don't think anyone wanted. There does have to be discretion but when discretion is abused someone must put an end to it. When entire categories of laws are ignored for years.. that is an abuse of power that MUST be made an example of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or