U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2018, 04:48 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times

Advertisements

I was looking for updates and came across this, they are talking about the Goodlatte Bill. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...l__136028.html

Per the article:

First, the Goodlatte amnesty provision is extremely narrow. It would only allow illegal immigrants who currently have “deferred action on the basis of being brought to the U.S. as minors [to] get a 3-year renewable legal status allowing them to work and travel overseas.” In other words, there would be no permanent status or path to citizenship."

I don't really see the Dems wanting to bite on that one. I know DACA is hoped to be a foot in the door for extended family illegal aliens of the DACA which I don't see happening under that proposal.

Numbers from the article: 1.1 million eligible for DACA, 790,000 signed up, but currently there are 690,000. I know that some have been eliminated having lied on their applications, others committed crimes, and who knows what else may have eliminated them, with any luck, maybe they went home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or