U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 08:46 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,091,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I see the letter as troll rhetoric that has nothing to do with DACA. We're talking about people who were brought here as children and know no other way. They are Americans in culture but not on paper.

Here's what I do know. There are Mexican's in a school district that my friend worked for where they take their kids out of school for a month or longer over the Christmas holiday. When the kids come back, tax payer money is spent to hire tutors to catch them up. Sometimes taxi's are sent to drive the kids back and forth. This infuriates me. I agree that anyone here illegally should be deported, but that's not enough. They just come back. Take away the jobs and all of the freebies.

As far as DACA, yes end the program but grandfather in those that are here since childhood and give them a deadline to apply for citizenship. Deport the parents who came here illegally. Don't punish the innocent. This was a problem that should have been dealt with decades ago and wasn't. We have to be both firm and humane about this issue.
It is based on facts, and yes, it does have to do with DACA. DACAs are illegal aliens that left their country knowing their culture and their language, were brought here by their lawless parents who they now want also to remain in the country to keep the family together (keep them together the same way they were together when they arrived, they all go home).

Nope, DACA is a foot in the door for every other illegal alien in the country. Many of these DACA have lied on their applications and over 2,000 have already been convicted of crimes and removed from DACA status, so it is only a matter of time before more are convicted. They are already insisting parents be allowed to stay, and I bet other family members. The only fair thing is to do as the law dictates, deport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
Doesn't matter if the letter is real or faked. It is saying what is and has been going on for a long time and we all know it. Hard to believe anyone except an illegal would support daca. Okay, the children didn't know they were here illegal, now they do. My parents told me there was a Santa Claus.
My bet is many of the children did know and were told not to tell things that might let others know. Maybe not as small children who tell everything, but as they got older. What about birth certificates, do they never show them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quique07 View Post
Yes, if you rely on a political party to get your information from. Both Dems and Reps can hide stuff from you, but at the end of the day, is our responsibility to know the facts. We live in a "free" country.

The solution is simple, legalize DACA, build the wall, deport everyone else.
NO! DACA is a foot in the door for the whole mess of them.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...d-communities/

Per this article: Congress members disagree about DACA solutions - The San Diego Union-Tribune

"Davis said that in addition to passing the DREAM Act, she hopes to work on comprehensive reform that would protect dreamers’ family members."

Chain migration: https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/ch...-an-explainer/ FOOT IN THE DOOR.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/feature...orted-parents/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 09:48 AM

38,008 posts, read 18,971,874 times
Wow

In addition:

1. Section-8 housing and subsidized rent
2. food stamps
3. free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care
4. free breakfasts and lunches at school
5. bilingual teachers and books
6. relief from high energy bills
7. If they are, or become aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI
8. qualify for Medicare (All of this at taxpayer's {our} expense
9. He doesn't worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance
11. He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00/hour in benefits
13. increased crime, graffiti and trash clean-up.

Cheap labor is such a ruse as to be laughable

Old 01-22-2018, 11:00 AM

226 posts, read 100,344 times
^^^

I'm not saying blindly legalize ALL of DACA recipients.

The government can and should do an extensive background to check on each of the DACA recipients, let those who have proven beneficial to the American society legalize themselves, deport everyone else.

"It'll be too costly to do a background check on each one"... CHARGE THEM!!

Old 01-22-2018, 01:01 PM

31,678 posts, read 14,614,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It is based on facts, and yes, it does have to do with DACA. DACAs are illegal aliens that left their country knowing their culture and their language, were brought here by their lawless parents who they now want also to remain in the country to keep the family together (keep them together the same way they were together when they arrived, they all go home).

Nope, DACA is a foot in the door for every other illegal alien in the country. Many of these DACA have lied on their applications and over 2,000 have already been convicted of crimes and removed from DACA status, so it is only a matter of time before more are convicted. They are already insisting parents be allowed to stay, and I bet other family members. The only fair thing is to do as the law dictates, deport.

My bet is many of the children did know and were told not to tell things that might let others know. Maybe not as small children who tell everything, but as they got older. What about birth certificates, do they never show them?

NO! DACA is a foot in the door for the whole mess of them.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...d-communities/

Per this article: Congress members disagree about DACA solutions - The San Diego Union-Tribune

"Davis said that in addition to passing the DREAM Act, she hopes to work on comprehensive reform that would protect dreamers’ family members."

Chain migration: https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/ch...-an-explainer/ FOOT IN THE DOOR.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/feature...orted-parents/
Agreed. These DACAs are already demanding that their parents get to remain here also. There would be another battle in congress over that. No, send the DACAs home with their families unseparated and let them apply to come back legally. No jumping ahead of the line of those who are waiting to come here the right way. The kids of law breakers should not benefit from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration