U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 09:25 AM

6,171 posts, read 2,565,651 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4776f03e1b0b

I am surprised they're holding a white guy. But these kind of charges from when he was a teenager? Ridiculous. I thought they were going to focus on violent gangs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 09:34 AM

7,739 posts, read 7,256,814 times
paywall

Old 01-22-2018, 09:36 AM

14,207 posts, read 7,406,947 times
because they’re brown

Old 01-22-2018, 09:37 AM

5,264 posts, read 8,048,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
paywall
Open it incognito.

Regarding the doc, I think two things ... 1., this is totally in the press due to the landscaper from Detroit (who was here illegally and NOT a green card holder) who was deported. And 2., there is something missing from this story.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:39 AM

25,337 posts, read 16,290,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

I am surprised they're holding a white guy. But these kind of charges from when he was a teenager? Ridiculous. I thought they were going to focus on violent gangs?
Why not tell the whole truth?

Quote:
According to Kalamazoo County court records cited by MLive, Niec also pleaded guilty in 2008 to operating impaired by liquor. After he completed probation, the conviction was set aside, the plea withdrawn and the case dismissed. He was also charged with domestic violence in 2013 and a jury found him not guilty after a trial, MLive reported.
So, DWI and domestic violence-as an adult. Honestly, I have no problem with him facing a deportation hearing. As long as he had been here, he should have stepped up and applied for citizenship. As a legal alien resident, he, and anyone else, has to be spotless with regards to criminal behavior-or send them home. Yes-even if it's a white guy! Being allowed to immigrate to this country, and to stay as a resident alien, is a privilege, not a right. He abused the privilege.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:07 PM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

Why are you surprised that they are holding a white guy? Illegal aliens have been deported back to 189 different countries.

Old 01-22-2018, 04:30 PM

3,320 posts, read 917,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why are you surprised that they are holding a white guy? Illegal aliens have been deported back to 189 different countries.
He is surprised because that doesn't fit the race narrative constructed by the left/pop media.

Old 01-22-2018, 04:33 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Open it incognito.

Regarding the doc, I think two things ... 1., this is totally in the press due to the landscaper from Detroit (who was here illegally and NOT a green card holder) who was deported. And 2., there is something missing from this story.
And it turned out that the landscaper had a criminal record, felony, for selling drugs and previous to that he had legal status, but committing a crime, well, a legal immigrant that commits crime is eligible for deportation. He spent years trying to get out of it, but in the end he lost. Obama gave him a stay which he should not of and with Obama gone, the landscaper already have an order of removal based on his felony, all gone! And, I suspect there is again "more to the story" with this new one. They really need to "vet" their boo-hoo stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why not tell the whole truth?

So, DWI and domestic violence-as an adult. Honestly, I have no problem with him facing a deportation hearing. As long as he had been here, he should have stepped up and applied for citizenship. As a legal alien resident, he, and anyone else, has to be spotless with regards to criminal behavior-or send them home. Yes-even if it's a white guy! Being allowed to immigrate to this country, and to stay as a resident alien, is a privilege, not a right. He abused the privilege.
Exactly. Lawlessness/crimes earn them the deportation boot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They think illegal alien is a race of people, mostly because most of them are "brown". Neither "brown" nor "illegal alien" is a race of man. If "ignorance is bliss" they must smile the whole day long and in their sleep!

I just hope once the illegals are expelled from the country that there will be time/money to actually educate our citizen children about the history of man, American government, economics, etc.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:30 PM

58,477 posts, read 31,872,436 times
Default Polish Doctor Living in the U.S. for 40 Years Detained by ICE

No immigrant is safe, legal or illegal.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...r-charges.html

A Polish doctor who has lived in the U.S. for nearly four decades has been jailed and faces deportation for two decades-old misdemeanor charges, the Washington Post reports.

Lukasz Niec, who was arrested on Tuesday morning, is a lawful permanent resident who has lived in Michigan since childhood and has an American wife, daughter, and stepdaughter, his sister told the Post. He does not speak Polish and has no family there, she said.
In the past, immigration officials have prioritized the deportation of immigrants with a history of violent crimes. Immigration and Customs Enforcement under the Trump administration, however, has shifted its priorities, sweeping up a broader group that more frequently includes low-level offenders and those without criminal records.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:43 PM

13,492 posts, read 11,034,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No immigrant is safe, legal or illegal.
I dont understand why he didn't obtain citizenship in his long years being here, especially being a doctor.

Well, we all know, anyone is subjected to deportation if someone commits a crime under a green card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or