U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 09:59 AM

38,000 posts, read 18,954,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
As we all know the DACA situation is a mess. Reps want to send them back and the Dems are now expecting amnesty since they "caved" and funded the gov. at least for the next few weeks with the promise that they will all debate about the DACA "kids" .
I put "kids" in quotes because most of these people are adults.

They admit that there are nearly 800,000 people that are in the DACA program and maybe there should be a compromise that they can stay? I imagine that many of them have been working and they have roots in our society so perhaps they should be allowed to stay. If any of them are in prison then why would we want them? Send them back!

But here is a question. The DACA kids are here because their parents brought them into the country illegally which makes the parents illegal aliens.

If the Reps and Dems can come to terms on this which I doubt I would like to see the responsible DACA people that are members of the community and contributing to the betterment of America be allowed to stay BUT there will be NO "Chain Migration" meaning their parents will still be illegal. The children of the DACA people will be allowed to stay.

If they all want to go back to their homeland that is fine but don't be surprised when ICE runs out of criminal illegals and they come calling to your house and tell you it is time to go back home and get in line for legal immigration.

I think this would be a good compromise that even Schumer could get behind.
Your first sentence is fake but you go ahead and listen to liberal media and continue not knowing you *** from a hole in the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 10:01 AM

38,000 posts, read 18,954,810 times
Shouting 'we won't let him sleep," the DACA kids marched to the home of Schumer. They blocked buses from entering Disney in Anaheim. They also target other congressional reps, including their surprise screamfest against Nancy Pelosi.

The mob attacks shows us something creepy about the DACA kids: their outrageous entitlement mentality. Issuing demands and insisting the entire federal gov't be shut down if they don't get it, as if we actually owe them something.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:19 AM

2,970 posts, read 881,438 times
I have a solution, starts with a D ends with a port.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:27 AM

9,806 posts, read 7,116,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Protection, based on immigration status: yes.

If they commit a felony (deportable crime): bye bye

Solution is simple. Create a new visa class for these people, that allows them to stay, work legally. After 10 years this class can be changed to a Green Card. After 5 years of GC usage they can get Citizenship. All of this means for the first 10 years there's no option for chain migration, and during the first 15 years they'll be deported if they commit a crime.

This makes alot of sense but of course "sense" is not so common when it comes to the far Left.

I think we can all agree if one of these "kids" commit a felony they lose their USA privileges and get sent packing.
I think the idea for a new visa class is a really good one.

The only problem is of course is that the Dems are looking for would be voters for 2020 not 15 years from now so they wouldn't go for this plan but I like it.

We understand that these kids were brought into the US illegally by their parents BUT they should not be given any precedent over legal immigrants that are navigating the system.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:32 PM
exm

1,636 posts, read 510,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This makes alot of sense but of course "sense" is not so common when it comes to the far Left.

I think we can all agree if one of these "kids" commit a felony they lose their USA privileges and get sent packing.
I think the idea for a new visa class is a really good one.

The only problem is of course is that the Dems are looking for would be voters for 2020 not 15 years from now so they wouldn't go for this plan but I like it.

We understand that these kids were brought into the US illegally by their parents BUT they should not be given any precedent over legal immigrants that are navigating the system.
Exactly. That's why the 10 year visa kicks in. That is comparable to the H1 visa. This is a tough one for me, since I arrived in the States on a GC and became a USC 10 years ago. To me, all the 11 millions or so illegals need to exit our country and apply for a visa in their country. Maybe the US Government can have them apply for the exact same visa as DACA uses. But these people need to be moved to the back of the line. DACA kids are different since they simply had no choice. Their parents made a stupid decision, but it's still not fair to send them back.

So difference between DACA and other illegals: DACA kids can stay here and apply for the visa, the other illegals need to go back to their homeland and apply there.

All of this need to be bundled with a massive investment in border security (I do believe in a wall in most places), more border agents, immigration judges and harsh penalties for future illegal immigration. Icing on the cake would be to stop anchor babies but I don't see that happening.

Anyway, I'm not in Congress

Old 01-24-2018, 12:41 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,074,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Shouting 'we won't let him sleep," the DACA kids marched to the home of Schumer. They blocked buses from entering Disney in Anaheim. They also target other congressional reps, including their surprise screamfest against Nancy Pelosi.

The mob attacks shows us something creepy about the DACA kids: their outrageous entitlement mentality. Issuing demands and insisting the entire federal gov't be shut down if they don't get it, as if we actually owe them something.
Well, there parents came here thinking we owed them something, had no respect for our laws, thus "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree".

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I have a solution, starts with a D ends with a port.
Per the law, that is the only acceptable solution. Illegal aliens brought as children, if DACA remain, rewards the children of parents who did not respect our laws, while law-abiding parents waiting to legally come into the country have children that most likely age out before their turn comes. Why reward the children of people who broke the law?

Laws are set up to be fair to the majority. Kick DACA out, the intention is only "foot in the door"" for millions of other illegal aliens. But, but what about mom, dad, uncles, aunts, grandma, grandpa, cousins - NO!

Old 01-24-2018, 01:40 PM

5,769 posts, read 3,096,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
As a legal immigrant, DACA is amnesty pure and simple. They should go be sent back rather than shoved in front of legal immigrants.
I would have preferred that, but it became a bigger problem once BO pulled his DACA stunt.

No DACA recipient should ever be permitted to become a citizen. As for any of their illegal relatives, if you are here start packing. If you are elsewhere don't bother to start packing.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:43 PM

5,769 posts, read 3,096,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

I believe some of this would constitute criminal activity. Time to start arresting some "kids" and cancelling their DACA status.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:11 PM

31,514 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, there parents came here thinking we owed them something, had no respect for our laws, thus "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree".

Per the law, that is the only acceptable solution. Illegal aliens brought as children, if DACA remain, rewards the children of parents who did not respect our laws, while law-abiding parents waiting to legally come into the country have children that most likely age out before their turn comes. Why reward the children of people who broke the law?

Laws are set up to be fair to the majority. Kick DACA out, the intention is only "foot in the door"" for millions of other illegal aliens. But, but what about mom, dad, uncles, aunts, grandma, grandpa, cousins - NO!

Agreed. The only fair solution is to send these DACAs along with their parents back to their homelands. If they want to come back they should apply to come back within the legal process. No jumping ahead of the line either.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:50 PM

226 posts, read 99,994 times
You know guys, as much as what you guys say is lawfully correct, and if we go by the law the DACA should be deported. The reality here is that immigration is similar to when engineering plans are design and what you think on plan works it ends up not working out in the field.

Yes, there is already a process to come here legally, yes there is the visa lottery, the problem is that our system is archaic.

The wait time to come to this country legally is not realistic. People are being told to wait 20+ years before they can come to the states.... 20 years is a lifetime. This is probably why so many people choose to come here illegally.

I know some of you might argue that, the wait time is not our problem, and that those who really want to come will wait, and that is true. But then, where is the humanitarian side to this country in wanting to help people strive for a better life?
In the past this country has been characterized by how much it gives to the rest of the world and how Americans have always help other people.

Is true, we don't owe the Dreamers anything. But as Americans, I do think we have a higher responsibility than any other nationality in the world, in trying to help others, simply because we are fortunate to be living in the best country in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or