U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-24-2018, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Florida & Cebu, Philippines
2,808 posts, read 2,237,032 times
Reputation: 2852

Advertisements

Go ICE, it is looking more and more like there will be fewer places for illegals to hide, in this case she overstayed, which still makes her illegal.
Border Patrol agents arrest woman on board a Greyhound bus | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2018, 09:43 AM
 
2,278 posts, read 706,082 times
Reputation: 3915
The Gestapo and Stasi are alive and well in the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2018, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Metro Washington DC
12,554 posts, read 18,931,506 times
Reputation: 7195
No problem with arresting the Granny, but asking all the pax to prove citizenship is ridiculous. We aren't required to carry proof of citizenship everywhere we go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2018, 10:54 AM
 
11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Reputation: 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
The Gestapo and Stasi are alive and well in the United States.
BS!

When they picked her up, tell us which concentration camp they took her to? Is she even still alive? Do tell.

How despicable that you would equate what happened to her with what happened in the Holocaust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2018, 11:06 AM
 
3,320 posts, read 917,407 times
Reputation: 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
BS!

When they picked her up, tell us which concentration camp they took her to? Is she even still alive? Do tell.

How despicable that you would equate what happened to her with what happened in the Holocaust.
They took her straight to the death camp, don't you know?! And, of course it was because she is black!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2018, 11:27 AM
 
2,967 posts, read 879,933 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
The Gestapo and Stasi are alive and well in the United States.
I get the feeling like to read click bait sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
No problem with arresting the Granny, but asking all the pax to prove citizenship is ridiculous. We aren't required to carry proof of citizenship everywhere we go.
I agree with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2018, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Reputation: 18141
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
The Gestapo and Stasi are alive and well in the United States.
You didn't read the article, did you? This woman overstayed her visa, that made her an illegal alien.

Per the article:

"The authority for this is based on the Immigration and Nationality Act 287(a)(3) and copied in 8 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 287 (a)(3), which states that Immigration Officers, without a warrant, may "within a reasonable distance from any external boundary of the United States...board and search for aliens in any vessel within the territorial waters of the United States and any railcar, aircraft, conveyance, or vehicle. 8 CFR 287 (a)(1) defines reasonable distance as 100 air miles from the border."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
No problem with arresting the Granny, but asking all the pax to prove citizenship is ridiculous. We aren't required to carry proof of citizenship everywhere we go.
It's the law. I carry ID that proves I am a citizen. Legal immigrants have to carry ID on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
BS!

When they picked her up, tell us which concentration camp they took her to? Is she even still alive? Do tell.

How despicable that you would equate what happened to her with what happened in the Holocaust.
They simply mimic what they hear on CNN. CNN does care how they sound when repeating the garbage they feed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
They took her straight to the death camp, don't you know?! And, of course it was because she is black!
No, she was black. They only take the "brown" people to the death camp, then the Pope waves his hand over them, they live again and can still vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2018, 02:34 PM
 
6,863 posts, read 7,718,075 times
Reputation: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You didn't read the article, did you? This woman overstayed her visa, that made her an illegal alien.

Per the article:

"The authority for this is based on the Immigration and Nationality Act 287(a)(3) and copied in 8 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 287 (a)(3), which states that Immigration Officers, without a warrant, may "within a reasonable distance from any external boundary of the United States...board and search for aliens in any vessel within the territorial waters of the United States and any railcar, aircraft, conveyance, or vehicle. 8 CFR 287 (a)(1) defines reasonable distance as 100 air miles from the border."



It's the law. I carry ID that proves I am a citizen. Legal immigrants have to carry ID on them.



They simply mimic what they hear on CNN. CNN does care how they sound when repeating the garbage they feed them.



No, she was black. They only take the "brown" people to the death camp, then the Pope waves his hand over them, they live again and can still vote.
She didn't commit a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2018, 02:46 PM
 
5,108 posts, read 1,543,281 times
Reputation: 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
They took her straight to the death camp, don't you know?! And, of course it was because she is black!
Well, I heard they dropped her off at a cotton field and that the South rose again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2018, 02:50 PM
 
2,428 posts, read 785,492 times
Reputation: 3114
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
She didn't commit a crime.
Being in the US illegally is a crime. There is at least a reasonable chance she was never going back home and we, the taxpayers, would have ended up supporting her in her old age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top