U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 02:58 PM

3,318 posts, read 919,988 times

Advertisements

Another great example of FAKE NEWS by CNN. Does the author really not understand the difference between legal and illegal immigration herself, or is this yet another piece designed to confuse their readers?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/24/us/im...rnd/index.html

Most of the political and media elites of course understand perfectly well the difference, but when one speaks to the average Democrat voter, one finds that many of them truly do not understand the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 03:14 PM

31,543 posts, read 14,591,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Another great example of FAKE NEWS by CNN. Does the author really not understand the difference between legal and illegal immigration herself, or is this yet another piece designed to confuse their readers?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/24/us/im...rnd/index.html

Most of the political and media elites of course understand perfectly well the difference, but when one speaks to the average Democrat voter, one finds that many of them truly do not understand the difference.

I think they do know and they just blur the lines purposely or use PC terms such as "undocumented".

Old 01-24-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I think they do know and they just blur the lines purposely or use PC terms such as "undocumented".
I think the elites know, of course, but a lot of Democrat voters to whom I've spoken don't seem to clearly understand the difference-the propaganda has worked.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:23 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,079,037 times
I think they do it hoping to scare legal immigrants into supporting the "agenda" of illegal aliens. CNN is owned by Time Warner who donated over $800,000 to Hillary's campaign, so their judgement as a group

I am astounded that the liberals of CNN are either so darn ignorant or just flat out liars, seriously, what an embarrassment to whoever was supposed to bring them up right and educate them.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think they do it hoping to scare legal immigrants into supporting the "agenda" of illegal aliens. CNN is owned by Time Warner who donated over $800,000 to Hillary's campaign, so their judgement as a group

I am astounded that the liberals of CNN are either so darn ignorant or just flat out liars, seriously, what an embarrassment to whoever was supposed to bring them up right and educate them.
I've found most liberals are an interesting combination of liar/ignorant.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:17 PM

6 posts, read 1,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
That's done 100% on purpose to muddy the waters and get more support for their cause.

Notice how we went from:
- Illegal aliens, to
- Illegal immigrants, to
- Undocumented immigrants, to
- Immigrants (in general w/o specifying legal or illegal), to
- DREAMers (or DACA recipients)

That's entirely on purpose to avoid terms with negative connotation, just like "abortion" suddenly became "access to women's healthcare" both in speeches from Democrats and in reports from the media. "DREAMers" is another manufactured term btw meant to give a positive connotation to illegal aliens. I mean, we all have dreams, or are you some kind of despicable human?

Now, conflating legal and illegal immigration has the huge benefit of demonizing the current administration since the argument goes from "Trump hates illegals" to "Trump hates immigrants". See how that's really different? Yet you have people in events like the Women's march (another deceitful event) complaining about how Trump hates women AND (all) immigrants AND gays AND black people, etc.

It's all designed to give Democrats more supporters and confuse people into hating Trump and Republicans. I mean, who hates immigrants, am I right?

It's a pretty disgusting strategy IMO.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:28 PM

11,508 posts, read 5,518,325 times
So...the author thinks that by tracing the roots of those who oppose illegal immigration is going to accomplish anything? I get what she is doing. She is trying to guilt others by telling them that their own ancestors were immigrants. Well, duh! No one's ancestors in this country just sprouted up from the ground.

According to her, we are all supposed to shut up and let this country be flooded with illegals just because our ancestors came here from elsewhere.

What a despicable attitude! People don't object to legal immigration (however, the hyper immigration we have now needs to be drastically reduced). Legal immigrants obeyed all our immigration laws and waited years for permission to come here. Illegal aliens either sneaked across the border or overstayed a visa. Legal immigrants are to be welcomed, illegal aliens need to be deported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or