U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 06:25 PM

4,522 posts, read 1,943,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro;50812823[B
]Why do you xenophobes always try to paint all people in your target group (illegals) with a single stroke of the tar brush ?[/b]

Do you really think that most of the 10 million or so illegals think that anyone at anytime should be able to come to the US and be naturalized ? Have you ever tried to actually have a conversation with any of them or would that be too upsetting to your critical stereotypes ? Do all Muslims also support Sharia in the US ?

Seriously, if one feels strongly about this issue as many do, you owe it to yourself to understand the details along with the people affected by them so you can at least add something to the overall discussion - something besides hurling dirt.
Because the single broad brush is that they're all breaking the law to be here, and jumped others in line who are waiting for years, spending thousands of dollars, learning the language, studying for the civics test, and getting their health records in order. Let's not act like being illegal is the same thing as race, gender, sexual orientation, and other things people are born into with no control of their own. They all made the CHOICE to disregard the law, and often break other laws (identity theft, driving without license or registration, tax evasion, housing occupancy, etc.). You might as well call us xenophobic for being against bank robbers or ask why we paint all thieves with a broad brush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 11:57 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,693,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
You can see by this group alone, that they do not respect our govt or our citizens. There is a right way and a wrong way and screaming curse words and storming govt offices is the wrong way, it just shows who they actually are inside. So do we really want these people in our country and as citizens, when they apparently have no respect for us, our institutions or our representatives, who the hell are they to demand anything...

I read both articles and watched the videos, but I couldn't identify the "illegals." I just saw a bunch of people protesting. How are you or the reporters identifying the "illegals" did you ask for ID's ? did you ask the protestors directly ? do they have special markings identifying them as "illegals" maybe a tattoo or funny hat ?

I'm really confused so I'd appreciate it if you can point me in the right direction. That way it would make it so much easier for me (and others such as law enforcement) to identify these illegals immediately. Thus, making it far more easier to deport them. Imagine the savings if we had "illegals identity technology"
Hell we can even round up all the illegal Canadians, Swedes, and Norwegians.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:43 PM

31,498 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I read both articles and watched the videos, but I couldn't identify the "illegals." I just saw a bunch of people protesting. How are you or the reporters identifying the "illegals" did you ask for ID's ? did you ask the protestors directly ? do they have special markings identifying them as "illegals" maybe a tattoo or funny hat ?

I'm really confused so I'd appreciate it if you can point me in the right direction. That way it would make it so much easier for me (and others such as law enforcement) to identify these illegals immediately. Thus, making it far more easier to deport them. Imagine the savings if we had "illegals identity technology"

It would make no sense for Americans or legal immigrants to be making such demands and being so angry though, don't you agree?

Old 01-26-2018, 01:46 PM

6 posts, read 1,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
They will soon be waving Mexican flags, burning American flags and blocking traffic. It'll be interesting to see how opinion polls change in the coming weeks.
They've been coached by the left not to wave Mexican flags anymore. It's really obvious when you compare videos from a year ago vs the current ones.

They really wanna do it but the optics were terrible, the party noticed, and communicated the new line through all the illegal immigrant support groups.

Take a picture if you see it though.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:10 PM

5,463 posts, read 4,579,619 times
What I find disturbing is that these Daca protesters were upset when Schumer stopped the shutdown. They didn't care that many military and government families would go without their pay until the shutdown ended. For many living paycheck to paycheck, it could have been horrendous.

They didn't care. Just like they don't care they are taking jobs away from Americans. Just like their parents didn't care anything about obeying our laws and entered the country illegally. The apples haven't fallen far from the tree. They are selfish, entitled, and don't care about Americans. They are just in it for themselves and their law-breaking families.

It's hard to be sympathetic to their plight when they are just parasites sucking their host dry.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:52 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,237,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
What I find disturbing is that these Daca protesters were upset when Schumer stopped the shutdown. They didn't care that many military and government families would go without their pay until the shutdown ended. For many living paycheck to paycheck, it could have been horrendous.

They didn't care. Just like they don't care they are taking jobs away from Americans. Just like their parents didn't care anything about obeying our laws and entered the country illegally. The apples haven't fallen far from the tree. They are selfish, entitled, and don't care about Americans. They are just in it for themselves and their law-breaking families.

It's hard to be sympathetic to their plight when they are just parasites sucking their host dry.
Exactly, they do not care about anyone but themselves and their families. Think about it, some even carry signs saying make America Mexico, if Mexico is so great then why don't those from there go back.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:57 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post

You missed it "If Chuck won't let us dream, we won't let him sleep." I got a "dream" too, all illegals aliens in the US in their home of origin!

Quote:

Exactly. They would make great citizens, NOT! Growing up with a disrespect for our laws, we can't expect too much from them.

Many that were sympathetic started rethinking it over the Schumer Shutdown.

Keep in mind that the big tearful whine over DACA was that they were brought here by their parents, BUT now they and the Democrats will not accept there being no chain migration for their parents, the very ones that purposefully chose to become illegal aliens in the USA.

I spent some time on Schumer's FB page, and posters about 8 out 10 were chewing him a new bunn whole over selling out American citizens over the DACA crap.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:58 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,693,805 times
Quote:

The blame is squarely on Trump and the Republicans for not negotiating. They are the ones who shut down the Govt.

Old 01-28-2018, 05:27 PM

2,785 posts, read 901,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
As grating as they are, I wish people would actually pay attention to what they're saying and what their signs read. (Well, when it's in English anyway). They're demanding amnesty for their entire families of course but also all illegals already in the country! They are a giant Trojan Horse of foreign invasion.
And I have suggested that we deal with them as such, as we would a foreign invasion. But, like Europe, and with more hope than them, we may have to take up arms against our own government (which I'm not opposed to).

Old 01-28-2018, 05:59 PM

4,910 posts, read 3,487,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A xenophobe has a fear of strangers. We already have people from all over the world living here legally or are citizens of our country, so where is this xenophobia?

The point is that illegal aliens are all here in violation of our immigration laws and should be deported. Sorry, I don't hang out with any of them and I really don't care what their thoughts are. Their thoughts are irrelevant to our laws.
I remember taking part in the US citizenship ceremony a number of years ago. We did the swearing in and then we ate cake and drank punch, and received a package of stuff including letters of congratulations from various state and local politicians. We all stood in the chamber at city hall, raised our right hand and swore allegiance to the United States.

It wasn't a huge group of us - maybe 25. Our friends and families all watched from the stands and then applauded when it was over. It was all a bit hokey but it was nice. There were people of all different ages and colors standing on the stage with me. Some were crying and when it was all done I heard some talking to their families in broken English.

We all did it legally. It was a long and expensive haul, and I had the sense while watching some of these people that their lives before this had been tough. I don't know for certain of course, but that was the sense I got from some.

Again, we did it legally. I have no (zero) compassion for people who disregard America's laws, who disregard America's policies and procedures, who have no sense of gratitude, who have a huge sense of entitlement, and who would DARE to demand ANYTHING from this nation given their current status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or