Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 07:56 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,983,645 times

Advertisements

SAN DIEGO —In two separate incidents, Border Patrol agents arrested two men present in the United States under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) executive order for their involvement in human smuggling incidents on Jan. 24th and 25th, 2018.

In the first incident, on Thursday at approximately 8 a.m., Border Patrol agents in east San Diego County arrested two illegal aliens and shortly after observed two suspicious vehicles on Buckman Springs Rd. Agents followed one vehicle, a blue Honda sedan, and conducted an immigration inspection at the United States Border Patrol immigration checkpoint.

Agents questioned the driver, a 22-year-old male Mexican national, who admitted that he was performing scouting duties for a smuggling crew. He also admitted that he was coordinating with another driver of a vehicle to relay information related to Border Patrol operations in the area and the status of the Border Patrol checkpoint to aid in illegal smuggling.

I really hope that they start the wall in California . We need to stop the flow of liberal voters. Hopefully theres still time to cut them off.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-m...uman-smuggling

Old 01-30-2018, 08:05 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,147 times
It is not a matter of if many illegal aliens, DACA or otherwise, commit crimes, it is a matter of if and when they will get caught for the crimes they are and have been committing.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:12 AM

25,938 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
It is not a matter of if many illegal aliens, DACA or otherwise, commit crimes, it is a matter of if and when they will get caught for the crimes they are and have been committing.
Although I am 100% against a single illegal alien remaining in the USA, the 10 to 12 years before they could even think about citizenship will at least give us time to out them for their crimes. Over 2,000 have been eliminated because of crimes they have committed at this point and been caught.

It still all comes back to "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". Brought up by parents that cheated our system, broke our laws and felt entitled to do so, what would result from that?

Old 01-30-2018, 11:05 AM

25,547 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
SAN DIEGO —In two separate incidents, Border Patrol agents arrested two men present in the United States under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) executive order for their involvement in human smuggling incidents on Jan. 24th and 25th, 2018.

In the first incident, on Thursday at approximately 8 a.m., Border Patrol agents in east San Diego County arrested two illegal aliens and shortly after observed two suspicious vehicles on Buckman Springs Rd. Agents followed one vehicle, a blue Honda sedan, and conducted an immigration inspection at the United States Border Patrol immigration checkpoint.

Agents questioned the driver, a 22-year-old male Mexican national, who admitted that he was performing scouting duties for a smuggling crew. He also admitted that he was coordinating with another driver of a vehicle to relay information related to Border Patrol operations in the area and the status of the Border Patrol checkpoint to aid in illegal smuggling.

I really hope that they start the wall in California . We need to stop the flow of liberal voters. Hopefully theres still time to cut them off.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-m...uman-smuggling
The 60 mile fence at San Diego has worked. In the 80's, 629,656 illegals were arrested; in 2017, it was 26,086. So walls work.

But 60 miles is not enough. We need the whole border closed off, one way or the other.

DACA people will probably end up staying in the US until they commit a federal crime or a felony. Then they should be gone.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:18 AM

25,938 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The 60 mile fence at San Diego has worked. In the 80's, 629,656 illegals were arrested; in 2017, it was 26,086. So walls work.

But 60 miles is not enough. We need the whole border closed off, one way or the other.

DACA people will probably end up staying in the US until they commit a federal crime or a felony. Then they should be gone.
Yes, the longer their lack of citizenship drags on, the more we can deport because they broke the law. Once they are citizens, we are stuck with them.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:39 AM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Although I am 100% against a single illegal alien remaining in the USA, the 10 to 12 years before they could even think about citizenship will at least give us time to out them for their crimes. Over 2,000 have been eliminated because of crimes they have committed at this point and been caught.

It still all comes back to "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". Brought up by parents that cheated our system, broke our laws and felt entitled to do so, what would result from that?

The problem is that while they are waiting to gain citizenship or they get caught committing crimes they'll be giving birth on our soil and that creates a whole new set of problems.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:46 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,685,750 times
But, but, but, the liberals/media say all DACA members are honest, hard-working people who do nothing but go to school and/or work to put food on their family's tables, and that their presence here makes our country a better place.

How can this be?????

I'm shocked i tell you! Shocked!!

Old 01-30-2018, 12:18 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
But, but, but, the liberals/media say all DACA members are honest, hard-working people who do nothing but go to school and/or work to put food on their family's tables, and that their presence here makes our country a better place.

How can this be?????

I'm shocked i tell you! Shocked!!

Don't be so dramatic. The vast majority of them are decent people who are just like you and me, they simply want a better life. All human groups have a certain percentage who are bad people, be it DACA, or Physicians, or politicians, or Clergy. Two people being arrested do not make for painting EVER DACA as a bad hombre, like your leader suggests.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:46 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,983,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Don't be so dramatic. The vast majority of them are decent people who are just like you and me, they simply want a better life. All human groups have a certain percentage who are bad people, be it DACA, or Physicians, or politicians, or Clergy. Two people being arrested do not make for painting EVER DACA as a bad hombre, like your leader suggests.
Im confused. If they were brought here as "children" beyond their own will. Then, they were raised here as "americans", then why are the smuggling illegal mexicans over the border into the USA? Wouldn't they have the best interests of the USA in their mind? How would they be in contact with human trafficker if they were raised her as children?

Old 01-30-2018, 02:07 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Im confused. If they were brought here as "children" beyond their own will. Then, they were raised here as "americans", then why are the smuggling illegal mexicans over the border into the USA? Wouldn't they have the best interests of the USA in their mind? How would they be in contact with human trafficker if they were raised her as children?

I'll TRY to explain this one more time, but I'm not optimistic. TWO men, out of hundreds of thousands do not constitute ALL DACA youth to be bad people.

Hell, we have a certain percentage of white, Christian people who commit crimes too , but you seem to over look that fact.......it doesn't fit your agenda, does it ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.