Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 10:36 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,055,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Okay, first off, you are absolutely wrong. About what? Well, that's easy. Your entire statement is false, and frankly ridiculous. Let's start with your first point. It could cost our economy trillions. Absolutely false. There is only about 1.2 trillion dollars circulating around the entire United States at any given time. So there is absolutely no way deporting illegal aliens, even 10 million of them, could cost our economy trillions. Actually, it wouldn't cost us a thing, because the money that was going into the pockets of illegal aliens would begin going into the pockets of American citizens.

Which brings me to your second false statement. That tried and true old myth about illegals doing the jobs Americans don't want to do. Sorry, but that ship sailed long ago. Illegals began by taking all the farming jobs. Now, it is true, farming had sort of fallen out of fashion a few decades ago, so a certain number of DOCUMENTED workers were allowed to come in to help fill in the gaps. But there were still Americans working farm work, and farming was also a good source of income for young people out of school for the summer. Those summer jobs were the first thing to go. Which subsequently also robbed many young people of the opportunity to go and do a hard day's work for a hard earned day's wage. Jobs like that help build character in young people, but by the time we were into the early 80's, all those jobs were gone.

Then, shortly after the massive influx of illegals on the farm, we started seeing them on the job doing construction work. And slowly but surely, their willingness to work for a fraction of the wages earned by Americans led them to virtually take over many areas of the construction world. Americans are more than willing to do these jobs. They just won't do them for 1/4 to 1/2 the pay. You see natalie, it isn't that Americans don't want to do these jobs the illegals are doing. Americans just simply expect to be paid a decent wage for their time and skill. There was a time when a 20 year brick layer could make 25 to 45 dollars/hour practicing his/her trade. The same went for carpenters, electricians, etc. But the influx of illegal workers drove those wages down so far that American workers could no longer compete and keep their businesses running. So while in your mind these people are only doing the jobs Americans don't want to do, the reality is they have driven Americans out of their professions. A willingness to work for a quarter the going rate was all it took.

Again, like my previous post, unions pay those wages with benefits. Illegals don't bring the wages down because unions don't hire illegals. And if you don't think bricklayer pays their employees $45 an hour or more than you have no idea what you are talking about. If you aren't a union member then you don't get the benefits

Old 01-25-2018, 10:41 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Again, like my previous post, unions pay those wages with benefits. Illegals don't bring the wages down because unions don't hire illegals. And if you don't think bricklayer pays their employees $45 an hour or more than you have no idea what you are talking about. If you aren't a union member then you don't get the benefits
I don't know where you keep getting this idea that construction and trade workers are all unionized. A lot of it is not even done on the books. They pay the workers in cash a lot of times even.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't know where you keep getting this idea that construction and trade workers are all unionized. A lot of it is not even done on the books. They pay the workers in cash a lot of times even.
Well then that's on the companies who do illegal things, like hiring illegals.

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
[/b]

I have been doing construction work for over 20 years. I have witnessed the drop in wages with my own eyes, and I have also watched as more and more Americans stopped coming out to the job site. They had been replaced by less skilled/lower paid immigrant workers. And as far as unions are concerned, only about 11% of American workers are members of a union. Far more of us out there fighting for a decent wage.

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
And what do you think would happen to our economy. It could cost our economy trillions. Do you even think about the affect it would have on us. Many do jobs americans don't want to do.
That’s a line of tripe

Old 01-25-2018, 10:45 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,254 times
Quote:
[/b]

It's not Cesar Chavez's unions anymore, sadly. I've found tons of stuff from unions telling illegals where they can go to get lawyers, get this, get that, and avoid getting caught. The unions hope to get their power back with legalization for all these invaders who will then, they hope, become dues paying members to suddenly start fighting these companies.

I'm in favor of bringing back unions if they'd do what Chavez did to fight the open borders corporatists, I'm all for it. If, on the other hand, they're contributing to the problem like some of these unions are, they need to be destroyed without mercy.

Just like too many in the Republican Party are whores for the US Chamber of Cheap Labor, loads of the union leaders are just whores for the Democrat Party and will do whatever pleases the party and will get them payoffs (cash, etc, wise) from said party, rather than what's best for their members.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:46 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Well then that's on the companies who do illegal things, like hiring illegals.
You want the illegals here "to pick crops". Now you don't ?

Old 01-25-2018, 10:48 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
This old liberal lie?

An illegal is a cop in Illinois.
The Officer is a DACA recipient, he is not an "illegal"
Officer Garcia, a 'Dreamer,' on patrol - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Old 01-25-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I have been doing construction work for over 20 years. I have witnessed the drop in wages with my own eyes, and I have also watched as more and more Americans stopped coming out to the job site. They had been replaced by less skilled/lower paid immigrant workers. And as far as unions are concerned, only about 11% of American workers are members of a union. Far more of us out there fighting for a decent wage.
Join LIAUNA, they will take care of you. The pay and benefits are excellent. But this has nothing to do to with illegals.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:50 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Many do jobs americans don't want to do.
I hear this so often and I cringe every time hear it. Firstly they are now taking what were high paying jobs, e.g. construction. Secondly Americans don't want to take those jobs because the pay is low, somebody has to put roofs on houses and the pay will necessarily rise until someone takes the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration