Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 10:36 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Wow. American citizens commit crimes so lets import tens of millions of illegal 3rd worlders that will cause problems and commit crimes. Real good logic there. (Sarcasm)
You failed again.
No one said that, but kudos, you sure presented one heck of a strawman argument there

Old 01-26-2018, 10:37 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
The most difficult thing, IMO, about the deportation process is that it's a whole court process, and even illegal immigrants have certain due process rights. It can take a long time to move someone through the system, I think the average at this point is 2 years to case resolution. There is a massive backlog, I think 600k cases right now. We would need to hire many, many more immigration judges, at the least, to be able to deport massive amounts of people more quickly. That costs money. We do have a massive military budget we can probably cut into to help with that. Also, we personally send people back on planes, which also costs us money, so the more deportations would need the bigger budget to actually do the physical deporting, as well.

But then there's still the appeals process, which may delay deportation even more. IMHO it should be as simple as, if you're not a citizen and have been ordered removed through one whole court process, that's it. No appeals, no second chances. You're done. But that has its legal issues, though my argument is maybe those certain rights shouldn't exist for non-citizens. Maybe no right to appeal an order of deportation. If you're illegal, you're illegal and you're fair game to deport. This isn't exactly a secret and shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

No. No appeal process. 5 minutes in front of a judge and then your gone. Any ill gotten gains gets seized to pay for cost of deporting.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Yep, because no American citizen EVER robbed, murdered, or committed fraud

2sleepy,

Wrong again

Old 01-26-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
once again, if they have valid DACA status they are not subject to deportation and their presence is not illegal.

I think you probably knew that I was referring to illegal immigrants
CACA means nothing. An illegal directive from Oidiot. Court ruled DAPA was illegal. Another fail

Old 01-26-2018, 10:42 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
The courts have long established that illegal aliens have due process rights.
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...igration-plan/
Yes, I recognized that, I just wish it wasn't so. Like I said, I want no appeals, that doesn't mean it will actually happen or can happen.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
No. No appeal process. 5 minutes in front of a judge and then your gone. Any ill gotten gains gets seized to pay for cost of deporting.
You just rewrote immigration law and changed several SCOTUS decisions on due process? Wow, I'm impressed!
https://www.usatoday.com/pages/inter...ion-explainer/

Old 01-26-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
CACA means nothing. An illegal directive from Oidiot. Court ruled DAPA was illegal. Another fail
Like I said, go ahead and arrest a DACA recipient who hasn't committed a crime and then come back and let us know how that went for you... (you might want to check to see if your agency has a standing 287(g) agreement first though)

Old 01-26-2018, 11:20 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
once again, if they have valid DACA status they are not subject to deportation and their presence is not illegal.
Are you really not understanding that DACA exists by Executive Order. It was not passed by Congress. It is a stay of deportation. It ends in March unless Congress passes a bill making it legit, or Trump extends it. it is temporary. It's not the same thing as being a Permanent Resident.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Are you really not understanding that DACA exists by Executive Order. It was not passed by Congress. It is a stay of deportation. It ends in March unless Congress passes a bill making it legit, or Trump extends it. it is temporary. It's not the same thing as being a Permanent Resident.
I never argued otherwise, what I said and will say again is that as of right now, a DACA recipient is lawfully present in the US. It is not a stay of deportation because that would infer that deportation proceedings had been filed against them and it hasn't. It is "deferred action" — that is, a commitment not to initiate deportation proceedings for two years.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:35 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
Yes they are. Educational costs are about $46 billion a year, medical costs about $29 billion a year.

https://fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers
The vast majority of which go to US citizen children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration