Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 05:54 PM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

It's important for clarity and honesty to put the correct adjective in front of the word "immigrant", legal or illegal so we know what group one is referring to. They aren't one and the same.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:56 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's important for clarity and honesty to put the correct adjective in front of the word "immigrant", legal or illegal so we know what group one is referring to. They aren't one and the same.
Now you want to weasel out? they are both immigrants.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:11 AM

15,430 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I never argued otherwise, what I said and will say again is that as of right now, a DACA recipient is lawfully present in the US. It is not a stay of deportation because that would infer that deportation proceedings had been filed against them and it hasn't. It is "deferred action" — that is, a commitment not to initiate deportation proceedings for two years.
You're right. I should have said "deferred action". I was thinking the "deferred action" was finding and deporting them. I shortened it to a simple term when I should have spelled it out. I understand that they are "lawfully present", but that is only temporary.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:19 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
That is correct - the title is 'illegal immigration" Therefore if you are posting here you must agree that illegal immigration exists. Therefore there must be illegal immigrants contrary to OGs pontification.

At the present rate of 1 by 1 we never finish. And the illegal immigrant population remain the same. You find that useful?

There is virtually no problem to find illegals. But there is no where near the resource to deal with them and there is not going to be. So what you guys do is make it a worse case outcome. We never gain control and may well have another explosion.
I've arrested 3 illegals in the matter of about 5 hours. It would go fast

Old 01-27-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
No they aren't. They are illegal alien invaders

Old 01-27-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I've arrested 3 illegals in the matter of about 5 hours. It would go fast
So what? All that does is use up detention space. If simply long term immigrants without criminal offenses they will be released and are unlikely to be deported for at least years if not forever.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:18 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Again, this is the ILLEGAL ALIEN area of C-D, and we are discussing "impossible to deport them all..........." and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS have a list of rules they must abide by to stay in the country, totally nothing to do with ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/ALIENS.

Quote:
So what? All that does is use up detention space. If simply long term immigrants without criminal offenses they will be released and are unlikely to be deported for at least years if not forever.
I think Trump is hanging on to them, most are the "bad dudes" just look at the ICE website, they are still picking up the worst of them, until the border is more secure. They keep coming back after we dump them costing us even more taxpayer dollars. Again, we are discussing ILLEGAL immigrants, and blurring the line to try to win support will do you NO good at all.

Always looking over their shoulder when on the loose wondering............

Old 01-27-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
You said 1 by 1 would never get it done. I proved you wrong by saying a patrolman can arrest 3 illegals in one shift. There's 800,000+ cops nationwide. And tens of thousands of feds

Old 01-27-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Again, this is the ILLEGAL ALIEN area of C-D, and we are discussing "impossible to deport them all..........." and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS have a list of rules they must abide by to stay in the country, totally nothing to do with ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/ALIENS.

I think Trump is hanging on to them, most are the "bad dudes" just look at the ICE website, they are still picking up the worst of them, until the border is more secure. They keep coming back after we dump them costing us even more taxpayer dollars. Again, we are discussing ILLEGAL immigrants, and blurring the line to try to win support will do you NO good at all.

Always looking over their shoulder when on the loose wondering............
Your post is simply another attempt to create FUD. I am talking exclusively about illegal aliens. And there are lots who have been here over 20 years.

And again Trump is not doing as well at actual deportation as the prior administration.. That may well have nothing to do with Trump as the prior administration got to pick the easy fruit but it gets tougher as the more long term are involved who have the resources and will to resist.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
You said 1 by 1 would never get it done. I proved you wrong by saying a patrolman can arrest 3 illegals in one shift. There's 800,000+ cops nationwide. And tens of thousands of feds
That is three 1 by 1. Which will make no difference. And they get arrested and then released. And someplace along the line the cop gets sued for picking the wrong Hispanic to arrest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration