U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 03:36 PM

1,469 posts, read 923,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
My friend from a country in south America got a visa and will be visiting the USA in the next couple of months. He plans on working in construction or some under the books type of job. I'm guessing he does not plan to return to his country but his english isn't the greatest so it is difficult for us to communicate. We do anyways because we love each other and he is going to stay here.

He is a little anxious about being caught without his papers. Trump and anti immigrant people have truly come out to scare people that are in the shadows. It made me angry to think that these types are putting him through fear.

Anyways...I told him that there are a lot of immigrants, legal or not, in the new york metro area and that you should not have to fear deportation. (I truly am worried though with this monster in the white house)

Anyways...I truly do not care about people's immigration status. It will not get between us. The vast majority of undocumented immigrants are good people and I am sick of the anti-immigrant sentiment that is going around.

If I was a business owner, I would hire people regardless of their immigration status. There I said it!

*rant over*
If you want this friend to stay in the US you can marry him and automatically turn him into a US citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 04:03 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,150,384 times
Quote:
Says somebody in the Bible Belt ...fine Christian hypocrisy at its finest.
The Bible clearly teaches us to obey the laws of the country we are in. Maybe you should read the Bible and then you would realize how wrong you and your friend are.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:21 PM

241 posts, read 120,678 times
Quote:
My friend from a country in south America got a visa and will be visiting the USA in the next couple of months. He plans on working in construction or some under the books type of job. I'm guessing he does not plan to return to his country but his english isn't the greatest so it is difficult for us to communicate. We do anyways because we love each other and he is going to stay here.

He is a little anxious about being caught without his papers. Trump and anti immigrant people have truly come out to scare people that are in the shadows. It made me angry to think that these types are putting him through fear.

Anyways...I told him that there are a lot of immigrants, legal or not, in the new york metro area and that you should not have to fear deportation. (I truly am worried though with this monster in the white house)

Anyways...I truly do not care about people's immigration status. It will not get between us. The vast majority of undocumented immigrants are good people and I am sick of the anti-immigrant sentiment that is going around.

If I was a business owner, I would hire people regardless of their immigration status. There I said it!

*rant over*

I think it would be easier, if you moved to his country.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:40 PM

15,016 posts, read 16,576,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineBasmati View Post
I think it would be easier, if you moved to his country.
I doubt his country is as gentle and generous with illegal immigrants as the US.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:00 PM

2,193 posts, read 1,543,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
New immigrants should be absorbed legally. Legal residents pay the same taxes and are eligible for the same benefits as everyone else.

Having large numbers of illegal immigrants means you have a defacto class of people who have no rights, and in large enough numbers it would create a huge underclass.
I thought this already happen when wall street came to existence.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:04 PM

28,561 posts, read 2,219,470 times
Sanctuary state or not, he still runs the risk of being deported. If they , for instance, if do a raid on his job site. Enjoy the time with him, anyhow.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:08 PM

7,909 posts, read 6,491,271 times
I hope your friend is rounded up and deported the day his visa expires, along with every other illegal. We are a nation of laws or we are not. If we are not, then screw every law, right? Not just the ones that lead to government dependent life-long democrat voters. Don’t complain when I’m blasting away with my full auto M16. Afterall, laws are to be ignored!

I hope Trump scares you, your friend, and every other illegal sympathizer. That’s what we elected him to do.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:01 PM

633 posts, read 1,095,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I hope your friend is rounded up and deported the day his visa expires, along with every other illegal. We are a nation of laws or we are not. If we are not, then screw every law, right? Not just the ones that lead to government dependent life-long democrat voters. Don’t complain when I’m blasting away with my full auto M16. Afterall, laws are to be ignored!

I hope Trump scares you, your friend, and every other illegal sympathizer. That’s what we elected him to do.
Don't be intimidated folks...that's just the Staten Island talking

Last edited by Midwesterns45; 01-27-2018 at 08:22 PM..

Old 01-27-2018, 08:45 PM

9,997 posts, read 7,716,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I doubt his country is as gentle and generous with illegal immigrants as the US.
There is no other country as gentle and generous with illegal immigrants as the USA. It is still the most sought after country to migrate to. And that is even after Trump got elected. So apparently when it comes down to it, no matter how racist we are in this country, foreigners are still willing to migrate here and overlook all the bigotry because at the end of the day, at least the bigots will allow them opportunities if they work hard. That is something their own greedy nations aren't willing to provide.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:54 PM

2,280 posts, read 932,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
And I firmly believe that all deportation should stop. It's truly a horrible thing to do. For felons, okay, but not regular people even if they are on the dole, who the **** cares. Don't deport people, that leads to horrible anomie and destroys families and lives. I am for more secure borders, but I feel so weird saying that like I might be judged harshly. Such a touchy subject.
No judgement here.

I personally don't care about the undocumented immigrants who are here working, or have businesses, or simply are here because there is nothing for them in their home country. They aren't the problem.

I am fine with deporting individuals for felony crimes.

I've seen too many cases of deportation where they are targeting people who have been here for years and sending young adults back to a country they don't even know

There is a solution somewhere for both more secure borders and working with existing undocumented immigrants to give them a path to citizenship but I'm not an expert and don't pretend to have all the answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or