Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 12:11 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Unsubstantiated lies repeated by the media and open borders talking heads.
How so?

Please, be specific.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:27 AM

183 posts, read 103,723 times
There is very little sympathy for illegals among most anyone , people just want changes. The harvard harris poll said the vast majority of voters would support a DACA deal that secures the Southern border with a wall, ends Chain Migration, and eliminates the Visa Lottery and vastly reduces even legal immigration numbers. That is not what we are hearing from most of these proposals

A huge majority of americans support a vast reduction of legal immigration numbers- 81 % of all americans

Also huge numbers support merit based immigration, not chain migration

"80 percent of Americans said they believe “immigration priority for those coming to the U.S. should be based on a person’s ability to contribute to America as measured by their education and skills—and not based on a person having relatives in the U.S.”

http://canadafreepress.com/article/h...-for-democrats

Old 01-28-2018, 12:55 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero99 View Post
Arizona has two very good candidates to replace retiring beta male Jeff Flake, Flake makes "Miss" Lindsay Graham seem masculine.

Kelli Ward and Joe Arpaio

I love them both

Deport them all: Sheriff Joe Arpaio details his plan for the Dreamers | abc13.com

I'm looking forward to Joe souring the chances for many other republican candidates this fall. He stands out, as an example of how bad one of them can be. There's probably even a lot of republican voters, who will be having second thoughts about sticking to their own party's line, because of him. Just when you thought that Trump alone, would bring down that party's majority in congress, here comes Joe, to help him along.

Old 01-28-2018, 06:12 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Not very many. And who cares? They get affirmative action to compete arguably unfairly against Americans.
To become primary care physicians? The reason many Americans aren’t becoming primary care physicians is that the cost of American medical school is high and they want to go into specialty medicine. Meanwhile, a person who has gone into medical school in India and has done residency here has spent a whole lot less money. Everyone still has to take the licensing exam and go through the match.

Old 01-28-2018, 06:33 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There wasn’t an Arizonan on this planet that would’ve described Jeff Flake as a RINO until Trump got elected. And I know this state far better than you do.
Q: Why then did he refuse to run for re-election? A: Because he knew he couldn't win. But then, he has delusions of grandeur. He doesn't think he can win in Arizona but throws out there that he might run for President.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
I look at it like this...
Give a 16 year old kid a car and they rarely respect it and don't do much but wash it.
Have a kid work hard and save money and buy their own car, they will get PO'ed if someone leans against it. They will change the oil on time and make sure the tires are always good. They will take better care of it if they worked hard and bought it themselves, than if it is given to them.

DACA is the same deal. Just give it to them and they will not respect what they were just given.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:08 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Jeff Flake's views and policies have most definitely tended to be conservative by any stretch of the imagination; he votes with Trump on issues 90% of the time, including taxes and repealing Obamacare. But anyone who is conservative but rational and doesn't 100% follow a hard line of hating everyone who isn't a third generation American caucasian is now a "RINO" according to city-data zealots.
Oh, no, not the "hating" again. Funny how some just cannot understand the importance of following the laws. When your justification for law enforcement has to do with "hate" or "white", you lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Dreamers are here to stay. But at least Trump will solve the problem and create solid policy for the future instead of kicking the can down the road like the last mentally inferior loser did.
Tick, tick, tick and the dreamers are still dreaming. Trump solve the problem. We have a government with 3 branches. Obama solved the problem didn't he? Oh, wait, no he created the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What exactly is a RINO. Republicans have always been fiscal conservatives. They were never into the social issues like they are now.
With the push by the Democratic Party to make everything a "social issue" and forget what our government is supposed to be doing, the GOP has to strike back in order for their to be a balance. Also, Dreamers are not a social issue, they are a legal issue, ILLEGAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
That's nice, but just because he does not oppose immigrants carte blanche like you do, doesn't mean yeah is for "open borders." That's just a lie.
This is the illegal immigration forum. You are not talking about that when you talk about opposing immigrants. This is about law enforcement, immigration law.

Quote:
But no one wants to go to those countries, they come here.
Those countries don't have the welfare system that we have. Illegals come bellies full ready to drop anchors for public assistance.

Quote:
Finally you said something I agree with. I was just about to post that.

We should stop giving citizenship to illegals, anchor babies and legal immigrants.
This is something nearly everyone is agreeing on at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Arpaio is lucky to be a free man, after he admitted guilt (accepting a pardon is to accept guilt).

As well, his stance on DACA is very out of line with America, even Trump voters. Who all approve of it by wide margins.
No, they polled about about 1,000 people came up with that, I believe it was the same pollster that said that we would be electing a President Hillary Clinton.

I have posted numerous times about the unreliability of polls and linked in expert articles, yet those that want to continue to dwell in ignorance................ Google!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
It is? Is there an affidavit for that?

I dont approve of DACA at all, dreamers are illegal, plain and simple. get in line and play fair or dont play.
You, me and an ever growing number of people. They use a silly poll of 1,000 people and say most Americans. Has to be a "math thing" as there are 323.1 million people in the USA. Time and time again I have tried to explain and linked in expert opinions on why polling is no longer valid, yet they remain ignorant!

Quote:
Did you know many want to get a higher education to become doctors and scientists to help us and the country they feel is their home. How stupid are we to deport them.
Yes, I was aware they take college slots from legal immigrants and citizens:

Lawmaker says illegal immigrant students takes class space away from legal residents | PolitiFact Georgia

Quote:
Not very many. And who cares? They get affirmative action to compete arguably unfairly against Americans.
They will be a great asset in their own country, it would actually be wrong for the US to skim off talent like this when those skills are desperately needed in their home countries. Maybe we can use the $117 billion a year we will save when we are rid of illegal aliens to support scholarships for our own citizens to fill needed fields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Unsubstantiated lies repeated by the media and open borders talking heads.
Oh, they find one poll of 1,000 people and off the go with it.

Yeah, as a Trump voter, I want every last illegal alien gone!

Most Americans, when less than 2,000 of the 323.1 million does not constitute "MOST". I would think the most basic education would provide one the "tools" to figure that out.

Interesting note: Anyone that has an Obamaphone has to sign a document when applying that allows that listing to be sold. I am guessing that is very popular when it comes to the calling lists used by liberal polling.

Also note that the Schumer Shutdown has soured many on the issue of DACA. A visit to Schumer's FB page confirmed what I thought as far as the lack of support for DACA.

Also the poll being quoted appears to be ONE poll of 1,225 (interviews in both English and Spanish), 87% said that they wanted DACA:

1225 x .87 = 1065.75, so I'll throw you bone and make that .75 a whole person, so of the 323.1 million people, you feel that 1066 people constitute "MOST" Americans? Am I getting this right?

Always remember and never forget that Hillary Clinton was projected from polling to become the POTUS. So, polling, seriously!

Old 01-28-2018, 10:21 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Yeah, as a Trump voter, I want every last illegal alien gone!

Most Americans, when less than 2,000 of the 323.1 million does not constitute "MOST". I would think the most basic education would provide one the "tools" to figure that out.

Interesting note: Anyone that has an Obamaphone has to sign a document when applying that allows that listing to be sold. I am guessing that is very popular when it comes to the calling lists used by liberal polling.

Also note that the Schumer Shutdown has soured many on the issue of DACA. A visit to Schumer's FB page confirmed what I thought as far as the lack of support for DACA.

Also the poll being quoted appears to be ONE poll of 1,225 (interviews in both English and Spanish), 87% said that they wanted DACA:

1225 x .87 = 1065.75, so I'll throw you bone and make that .75 a whole person, so of the 323.1 million people, you feel that 1066 people constitute "MOST" Americans? Am I getting this right?

Always remember and never forget that Hillary Clinton was projected from polling to become the POTUS. So, polling, seriously!

I linked 4 polls, all recent.

Do you know how statistics works? Sampling is very valid, and has been shown to work for centuries (within an error range, of course).

You want to use 2016 to discredit all of polling science? You should know where the polls broke down - they were slightly off in a few states, and in a winner-take-all EC election, that is a really big deal.

The national vote totals, however, were very close to predicted, well within the statistical error rates.

What you're implying here is that these polls are off by 30-40%. That is absurd. Other than you wanting it to be different, what is your reasoning for believing this?

Polls show you're in the minority of Trump voters. Your welcome to your beliefs, just know it is not representative.

Poll: Two-thirds of Republicans back citizenship for DACA recipients | TheHill

https://www.axios.com/majority-of-tr...d3995c539.html
Quote:
TablePOL16:As you may know, "Dreamers” are young people who were brought to the united States illegally,often with their parents. Which of the following do you think is the best way to handle Dreamers
Quote:
RepublicanDonaldTrump
They should be allowed to stayand become citizens if they meet certain requirements
48%

They should be allowed to stay and become legal residents, but NOT citizens, if they meet certain requirements
25%

They should be removed or deported from the United States
23%

Don’t Know/No Opinion
5%

Old 01-28-2018, 12:14 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I linked 4 polls, all recent.
When will people learn that polls mean nothing, if polls were correct, Hillary would have won by a landslide. Conservatives are just that, conservative people who often do not answer polls, I know that I never answer any, if I had and the many like me had, then just maybe the polls would be different.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:13 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
The problem with these polls is the devil is in the details, and these news articles totally emit the details. For example the CBS News Poll mentioned in The Hill says 1225 Americans say DACAs should be able to stay if they're working or going to school. NO details were given about the sample population. Do they all live in sanctuary city Los Angeles? Are they all the same age/generation? Are they all the same race/ethnicity? Are they all registered Democrats? Are they registered at all? Were they called randomly or were they linked to the poll from a liberal/open-borders organization's website? And what does "allowed to stay if working or going to school" mean specifically? Does that mean they support some legal status that's not citizenship but also not the same as permanent resident alien? Do they get that now, or years down the road after multiple conditions (which DACA people are always against and these articles never fully list!) are painstakingly met? Does it mean they support deportation if the person fails/drops out of school or has been unemployed after a certain time period?

Pollsters with bias also love to set up questions with personalized anecdotes. "Maria has lived here 30 years with her son Andrew who she brought as a child. She worked 60 hours a week cleaning homes and has never broken any laws except overstaying her visa. Andrew was a straight A student and star athlete then went on to major major in education. He won Teacher of the Year Award three years in a row at his middle school, and is now married to a US citizen with a newborn. Do you believe the government should spend $3 trillion to send a gestapo force to kick in Andrew's door in the middle of the night and ship him back to his birth town of Decapitations-on-the-Sea, and leave his mom, wife, and baby to starve to death?"

We had the mother of all polls in November 2016, the presidential election, where a rude, crude, lewd man who'd never been elected dog catcher was elected leader of the free world. Someone registered as Democrat most of his life beat out 17 other people in the Republican party--including establishment favorites--to win his party's nomination. Then he beat a very powerful, experienced candidate with her party establishment behind her. Remember every single poll said he would lose? People lie in polls. Of course when there's 24-hour news coverage over what a horrible, racist, sexist, inept person Trump is, who'd going to admit they want to vote for him? How did this man beat such odds when he was the ONLY candidate in either party who actually advocated enforcing the law as is, which is if you're here illegally you have to leave? Pay attention to what people do, not what they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration