U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-31-2018, 06:09 AM
 
5,762 posts, read 2,958,186 times
Reputation: 5797

Advertisements

Border patrols have seen first hand the huge success of adequate border walls -- not walls with mere strands of barbed wire.

In El Paso TX illegal crossings went down 89% when an adequate 125 mile wall was put up.
And in Yuma, AZ illegal crossings along with crime went down 90%.


https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/586853001/

https://nypost.com/2018/01/13/we-alr...-and-it-works/

None of the new prototype walls were able to be scaled by military commandos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-31-2018, 06:15 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
The existing wall here in SD has done wonders. Does anyone remember how they used to bum rush the crossing where fifty would sneak by and we'd catch a couple? Not anymore.

That and the current atmosphere of applying immigration laws has got illegal aliens self deporting. What a wall/more security will do is hold during another liberal administration. Just like the SD wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 06:33 AM
 
5,762 posts, read 2,958,186 times
Reputation: 5797
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The existing wall here in SD has done wonders. Does anyone remember how they used to bum rush the crossing where fifty would sneak by and we'd catch a couple? Not anymore.

That and the current atmosphere of applying immigration laws has got illegal aliens self deporting. What a wall/more security will do is hold during another liberal administration. Just like the SD wall.
Thanks, I looked it up and there was a 94% decrease in illegal crossings in San Diego when an adequate wall was built along with increased border patrol.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/san-di...s_2297915.html

Democrats keep saying they want border security, yet refuse to admit that strong adequate walls as part of the solution really work.

Another article states:
The breaking point came in 1986, when Border Patrol agents in the San Diego apprehended 629,656 people, slightly more than the population of Las Vegas.

When agents attempted to stem the tide in San Ysidro, new routes were blazed in the rugged terrain to the east.

“We would have caravans of cars,” said Donna Tisdale, who lives on a ranch in the East County hamlet of Boulevard. “They came at all hours of the day and night.”

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...124-story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 06:38 AM
 
Location: Texas
32,526 posts, read 17,643,747 times
Reputation: 18660
Talking Border walls work!

Some better than others.

I report. You decide.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 06:50 AM
 
19,004 posts, read 10,686,670 times
Reputation: 5818
Weren't illegal crossings declining anyways with all this chatter about immigration, etc. and folks being deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Cape Cod
9,785 posts, read 7,106,581 times
Reputation: 17903
Now that the Welcome mat has been taken up and we have a President that is trying to enforce our most basic laws on immigration the flow across the border has been reduced but we still need a wall.


The Dems love their illegal aliens as they are looking to them as their future voter base. A Dem could be back in charge in 2020 and anything that Trump has done on paper to help protect America can be easily ripped up but a wall is permanent.

It is ridiculous that the Dems actual encourage people to break the law and skip the immigration line. It is just wrong but Trump is the bad guy for trying to enforce the law?

Build a wall and protect America. I believe that America and all it stands for is worth protecting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 06:59 AM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Border patrols have seen first hand the huge success of adequate border walls -- not walls with mere strands of barbed wire.

In El Paso TX illegal crossings went down 89% when an adequate 125 mile wall was put up.
And in Yuma, AZ illegal crossings along with crime went down 90%.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/586853001/

https://nypost.com/2018/01/13/we-alr...-and-it-works/

None of the new prototype walls were able to be scaled by military commandos.

The anti-wall people will still remain in denial though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 07:02 AM
 
19,004 posts, read 10,686,670 times
Reputation: 5818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Now that the Welcome mat has been taken up and we have a President that is trying to enforce our most basic laws on immigration the flow across the border has been reduced but we still need a wall.


The Dems love their illegal aliens as they are looking to them as their future voter base. A Dem could be back in charge in 2020 and anything that Trump has done on paper to help protect America can be easily ripped up but a wall is permanent.

It is ridiculous that the Dems actual encourage people to break the law and skip the immigration line. It is just wrong but Trump is the bad guy for trying to enforce the law?

Build a wall and protect America. I believe that America and all it stands for is worth protecting.
Didn't illegal crossings decline under Obama too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 07:03 AM
 
5,742 posts, read 1,288,224 times
Reputation: 2980
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Border patrols have seen first hand the huge success of adequate border walls -- not walls with mere strands of barbed wire.

In El Paso TX illegal crossings went down 89% when an adequate 125 mile wall was put up.
And in Yuma, AZ illegal crossings along with crime went down 90%.


https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/586853001/

https://nypost.com/2018/01/13/we-alr...-and-it-works/

None of the new prototype walls were able to be scaled by military commandos.
Of course it will work. That is why anyone who is against stopping illegal immigration and the flow of illegal drugs is against building the wall:

The far left
The US Chamber of Commerce
The Mexican Government
The Mexican and International Drug Cartels
Street drug dealers in the US.

All the above benefit from an open border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 07:06 AM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
15,574 posts, read 9,650,106 times
Reputation: 34363
I'm all for it. In fact, why stop there, let's put a moat all the way around the country and stock it with alligators. Maybe put drawbridges up at all entry points, with armed guards who could say things like "Who goes there ??".

Someone needs to propose that to Trump, I bet he would say he invented the idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top