U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 10:18 AM

3,320 posts, read 915,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
[/color]

I have a difficult time understanding this method of thinking.

This is a perfect example . . . But then again, this occured in San Francisco.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/30/us/ka...ict/index.html
I think the public is uneducated about the realities, mostly because the Democrat party/leftist media/leftist lobby has done a great job of blurring the lines between legal immigration and illegal immigration. They have done such a great job, the public doesn't really think about what it means for cities to be harboring illegal aliens arrested for hard crimes.

I happened to switch over to Planet Money on the radio the other day, and in the course of 5 minutes, they used the word 'immigrants' to describe illegal aliens living in LA, who according to their reporting, are scared that they will be deported. It's outrageous that they purposely blur the lines in an attempt to confuse the public.

If the left isn't for open borders, they sure have a funny way of showing it. If they are for open borders, then they should come out and say so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 10:18 AM

27,180 posts, read 11,359,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
[/color]
I have a difficult time understanding this method of thinking.
This is a perfect example . . . But then again, this occured in San Francisco.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/30/us/ka...ict/index.html
12 people on a jury acquitted him, just like juries acquit people every day all over the United States, I'm not sure why that would make you smack yourself

Old 02-01-2018, 10:33 AM

3,535 posts, read 2,692,333 times
One of the unintended consequences (altho to some in ICE this is probably intentional) will be that people who are undocumented will not report crimes nor volunteer to be witnesses in crime cases for fear of being locked up because they don't have papers. It is especially despicable when battered women are faced with this decision.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:09 AM

13,031 posts, read 7,196,376 times
I personally have no problem with rounding up criminal illegals at court houses and deporting them. How many of them keep coming back and what is their incentive to come back? Is it jobs? No jobs, no incentive. Greedy companies can raise their wages and attract American's, but do they want to? Would they rather have a cheap work force to increase their bottom line? How many of these companies have super PAC money and politicians in their back pocket?

Yeah go ahead and round them up, deport them, and continue the cycle. Once illegals realize that there is nothing here for them, they will quit coming.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:18 PM

369 posts, read 176,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Of course there would. Who are going to be the bus boys and dishwashers in restaurants who also mop floors and clean the bathrooms. This is just one example. No American wants to do these menial tasks. Would you want to do it, I know I wouldn't. But please tell me how many Americans are lining up and dying to do these jobs but can't get them because illegals are doing them
I have done the following jobs in the past:

mopped floors
washed dishes
cleaned toilets
changed diapers
prepared food
waited tables

I also did my own yard work, cleaned my own house and did my own laundry

My husband has had jobs where he:

did groundskeeping
prepared food
did construction
picked crops
milked cows
mucked stalls
drove trucks

We are both American citizens, and none of these jobs were "beneath us."

Old 02-01-2018, 03:45 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
One of the unintended consequences (altho to some in ICE this is probably intentional) will be that people who are undocumented will not report crimes nor volunteer to be witnesses in crime cases for fear of being locked up because they don't have papers. It is especially despicable when battered women are faced with this decision.

I disagree that we should protect illegal aliens (not undocumented) who are law breakers to report on other law breakers. There are a lot more illegal alien lawbreakers in this country than any crimes they might report or witness committed by citizens. Protecting millions to catch a few others makes no sense to me.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:57 PM

2,967 posts, read 878,472 times
Quote:
How are illegal aliens credible witnesses? Another fallacy.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:30 PM

27,180 posts, read 11,359,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
How are illegal aliens credible witnesses? Another fallacy.
Prove it.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:47 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,415,662 times
Quote:
If they were really that helpful, LA neighborhoods like East LA and Pacoima would not look the way they look. Those areas are loaded with illegals and havens for crime. Whoever is illegal and posing as witnesses are doing a lousy job

Old 02-02-2018, 12:59 PM

2,967 posts, read 878,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Prove it.
Will you answer my original question first?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or