U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 01:18 PM

27,229 posts, read 11,375,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Will you answer my original question first?
Answer this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
How are illegal aliens credible witnesses? Another fallacy.
In that statement you are claiming that they aren't credible witnesses, it's not on me to prove that they are. Trying to shift the burden of proof after you make a claim is a logical fallacy commonly known as onus probandi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 05:59 PM

3,533 posts, read 2,172,974 times
I am waiting for the first time a California Judge tries to have a Marshall arrest an ice agent for apprehending an illegal at a court house.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:13 PM

16,772 posts, read 9,482,801 times
Jobs Americans won't do? What is the temporary visa process for if not to address that type of shortage when it becomes identifiable

That would open up many countries for approved applicants that may come with better intentions and possibly improve the monitoring abilities of the Fed government as well.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I am waiting for the first time a California Judge tries to have a Marshall arrest an ice agent for apprehending an illegal at a court house.
No judge is going to do that so don't hold your breath. What a judge might do, if the ICE agent is disrupting the proceedings is ask him or her to wait outside of the courtroom.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Jobs Americans won't do? What is the temporary visa process for if not to address that type of shortage when it becomes identifiable

That would open up many countries for approved applicants that may come with better intentions and possibly improve the monitoring abilities of the Fed government as well.
The H2A visa is a mess, farmers hate it, they don't get timely notices if they application was approved, they have to pay 3/4 of a workers wages plus return transportation if they can't utilize their services for the length of their contract. You're welcome to research it yourself, there's plenty of information on it out there.

H1A Visas are routinely abused by employers, i.e. Trump properties claiming they can't hire local workers when their attempt to do so entailed a one line ad in a paper with very low circulation with the only way to apply was via fax.

Neither program represents a sincere attempt by the government to actually fill jobs that citizens aren't applying for .

Old 02-03-2018, 12:06 AM

2,982 posts, read 883,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Answer this?

In that statement you are claiming that they aren't credible witnesses, it's not on me to prove that they are. Trying to shift the burden of proof after you make a claim is a logical fallacy commonly known as onus probandi
You dance around my questions. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or