U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-31-2018, 08:29 PM
 
4,849 posts, read 2,359,174 times
Reputation: 4643

Advertisements


SAN DIEGO (AP) Federal immigration authorities formalized a policy Wednesday to send deportation agents to federal, state and local courthouses to make arrests, dismissing complaints from judges and advocacy groups that it instills fear among crime victims, witnesses and family members.

The two-page directive from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said it will enter courthouses only for specific targets, such as convicted criminals, gang members, public safety threats and immigrants who have been previously deported or ordered to leave. Family, friends and witnesses won't be picked up for deportation but ICE leaves a caveat for "special circumstances."

The policy, signed by ICE acting director Thomas Homan, says immigration agents should generally avoid arrests in non-criminal areas of the court, like family court and small claims, unless it supervisor approves.






Looks like our cowboys finally have their Obama era restraints off and their Trump issued lassos ready to finally round up some criminals.


#MAGA



https://www.yahoo.com/news/ice-forma...tml#mycomments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-31-2018, 08:31 PM
 
Location: la la land
27,255 posts, read 11,390,706 times
Reputation: 19292
they've been doing that for a long time..I'm not sure why it's suddenly "breaking news"

2015 https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/q...es-in-new-york

2017 https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...use-speaks-out

2017 Video shows alleged ICE agents detain woman at El Paso County courthouse | KFOX

2017 https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...yc-courthouses

2015 Monterey County quietly allows immigration agents to resume deporting jail inmates. | Local News | montereycountyweekly.com

Last edited by 2sleepy; 01-31-2018 at 08:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 10:02 PM
 
19,617 posts, read 7,973,404 times
Reputation: 6504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post

SAN DIEGO (AP) Federal immigration authorities formalized a policy Wednesday to send deportation agents to federal, state and local courthouses to make arrests, dismissing complaints from judges and advocacy groups that it instills fear among crime victims, witnesses and family members.

The two-page directive from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said it will enter courthouses only for specific targets, such as convicted criminals, gang members, public safety threats and immigrants who have been previously deported or ordered to leave. Family, friends and witnesses won't be picked up for deportation but ICE leaves a caveat for "special circumstances."

The policy, signed by ICE acting director Thomas Homan, says immigration agents should generally avoid arrests in non-criminal areas of the court, like family court and small claims, unless it supervisor approves.






Looks like our cowboys finally have their Obama era restraints off and their Trump issued lassos ready to finally round up some criminals.


#MAGA




https://www.yahoo.com/news/ice-forma...tml#mycomments
Do it's not MAGA. Do you have any idea what this will do to our economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 10:13 PM
 
Location: Houston
1,257 posts, read 2,145,192 times
Reputation: 1213
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do it's not MAGA. Do you have any idea what this will do to our economy.
Enforcing the law is bad for the economy?

Is it not a slippery slope to assume the impacts and therefore justify not following the law of the land?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 10:16 PM
 
2,994 posts, read 885,195 times
Reputation: 2355
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do it's not MAGA. Do you have any idea what this will do to our economy.
Going directly to the court to capture and deport criminals will be great for our economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 10:18 PM
 
2,994 posts, read 885,195 times
Reputation: 2355
Of course there you are to play it down, as if sanctuary policies have always been around. It's nothing new, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 10:19 PM
 
19,617 posts, read 7,973,404 times
Reputation: 6504
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Going directly to the court to capture and deport criminals will be great for our economy.
Seriously, do you even educate yourself about this. There would be a shortage of workers which would hurt our economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 10:23 PM
 
3,042 posts, read 1,389,640 times
Reputation: 4284
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Seriously, do you even educate yourself about this. There would be a shortage of workers which would hurt our economy.
No there wouldn't be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 10:28 PM
 
Location: la la land
27,255 posts, read 11,390,706 times
Reputation: 19292
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Of course there you are to play it down, as if sanctuary policies have always been around. It's nothing new, right?
Sanctuary policies have been around long before 2015 which is the earliest article I posted. And yes, I'm downplaying it because ICE has been doing this for a very long time. I think I posted enough source information to convince any reasonable person that this is not a new policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 10:31 PM
 
19,617 posts, read 7,973,404 times
Reputation: 6504
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
No there wouldn't be.
Of course there would. Who are going to be the bus boys and dishwashers in restaurants who also mop floors and clean the bathrooms. This is just one example. No American wants to do these menial tasks. Would you want to do it, I know I wouldn't. But please tell me how many Americans are lining up and dying to do these jobs but can't get them because illegals are doing them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top