U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 03:45 AM

71,504 posts, read 30,067,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Let's be honest. Through administrations that were both Republican and Democrat, we have issued amnesty to the illegals seven times already. Neither party did what they should have done.

But I will say this, the loons on the far left with their language of 'dreamers' when it comes to illegals and their denial that letting millions enter the country hurts us all, is what I find so offensive.

I'm a moderate Democrat who thinks legal immigration should be limited and illegals shouldn't be allowed to stay regardless of who was born here. We have enough problems and it's time to take care of our own people first.

Imprison all the law-breakers and there will be fewer people wanting to take that risk - and that includes anyone hiring them in the first place.
How are you going to find what may be 30 million people and where do you plan on imprisoning them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 07:07 AM

31,611 posts, read 14,599,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I'm angry at the illegals of course, but in reality they are human and self-interest is the human condition and is simply human nature. They should not be coming illegally, period.

However, it is the Democrats, refusing to protect the borders and allowing the status quo to continue, including looking the other way while businesses give illegals incentive.

Remove the incentive to be here illegally with border control and stepped up enforcement as well as a $100,000 fine per incident and 1 year in jail to any employer caught employing an illegal and the illegal problem will largely go away.
I don't view the human race as being mostly selfish and self serving. Most people are law abiding and wouldn't violate another country's borders and take from their citizens what doesn't belong to them.

Yes, removing the job incentives and securing our border will go a long ways in discouraging more from coming here including denying their kids birthright citizenship and benefits. I think the question is what to do with those here illegally already. Some think that giving the DACAs a pass is the right thing to do and I disagree. Some even think their parents should be able to remain here and those who gave birth on our soil. I also disagree with that.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:29 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,239,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm not pretending anything. If the Republicans were interested in getting something passed they would compromise in order to get the votes, that is how it's supposed to work
If the democrats were interested in getting something passed then they would compromise, after all the Republicans hold the house and the senate and the presidency but not the 60 votes needed, so who is really at fault, the dems could have passed that when they had total control, they did not because they are only interested in using it for political reasons, so compromise now and if they ever hold all three again, then they could change it at that time.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:48 AM

15,015 posts, read 8,562,829 times
Good job ICE!

They are the heroes of our nation's law enforcement.

Thank you President Trump.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:01 AM
Status: "We're all entitled to my own opinion." (set 3 days ago)

17,427 posts, read 8,566,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How are you going to find what may be 30 million people and where do you plan on imprisoning them?
You don't need to find all 30 million, you just start working on it and a) people will stop coming, b) people will start leaving, c) CEO's/business owners ignoring the law will minimize their risk. They don't care about fines - time in prison is another story.

When Trump won, the first two had an uptick. As ICE becomes more active, we'll probably see the same.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:02 PM

5,171 posts, read 2,854,294 times
Quote:
You don't need to find all 30 million, you just start working on it and a) people will stop coming, b) people will start leaving, c) CEO's/business owners ignoring the law will minimize their risk. They don't care about fines - time in prison is another story.

When Trump won, the first two had an uptick. As ICE becomes more active, we'll probably see the same.
Exactly. You don't really need to find any of them. Just remove their ability to work and they'll self deport.

Of course, you'll always have illegals for side jobs and landscaping, but if we can prevent large companies from hiring illegals, it would make a big difference.

Most of the large corporations get around the law by contracting with a hiring company to hire employees. That way they can say they didn't hire them, the contracting company did.

Old 02-03-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
LOL.....keep telling yourself that.

Quote:
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-obama-levels/

Old 02-03-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Exactly. You don't really need to find any of them. Just remove their ability to work and they'll self deport.

Of course, you'll always have illegals for side jobs and landscaping, but if we can prevent large companies from hiring illegals, it would make a big difference.

Most of the large corporations get around the law by contracting with a hiring company to hire employees. That way they can say they didn't hire them, the contracting company did.
Wal-Mart got nailed for doing this. The excuse didn't fly. I'm waiting.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Status: "We're all entitled to my own opinion." (set 3 days ago)

17,427 posts, read 8,566,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL.....keep telling yourself that.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-obama-levels/

Try again.

Trump Is Failing to Keep His First Promise to Americans: Stopping Undocumented Immigrants, New Report Says

Trump started his presidency with a decline in immigration arrests indicating that fewer immigrants were trying to enter the U.S, which was part of Trumpís campaign promise to keep undocumented immigrants out. But U.S. Customs and Border Patrol officials say there has been an "uptickĒ in the number of immigrants taken into custody.

As I stated, initially fearful, there was a downturn. When they saw Trump doing nothing, they started coming in again.

What I posted makes sense to people who have common sense. Glad that so many here get it, even if you don't.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:54 PM

27,241 posts, read 11,383,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
If the democrats were interested in getting something passed then they would compromise, after all the Republicans hold the house and the senate and the presidency but not the 60 votes needed, so who is really at fault, the dems could have passed that when they had total control, they did not because they are only interested in using it for political reasons, so compromise now and if they ever hold all three again, then they could change it at that time.
Compromise? You really mean just give in. Nope sorry but that's not going to happen and if Democrats were in control I seriously doubt if you would be advising R's to give in to demands of Dems would you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or