U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-03-2018, 05:04 PM
 
71,570 posts, read 30,559,198 times
Reputation: 14129

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Try again.

Trump Is Failing to Keep His First Promise to Americans: Stopping Undocumented Immigrants, New Report Says

Trump started his presidency with a decline in immigration arrests indicating that fewer immigrants were trying to enter the U.S, which was part of Trumpís campaign promise to keep undocumented immigrants out. But U.S. Customs and Border Patrol officials say there has been an "uptickĒ in the number of immigrants taken into custody.


As I stated, initially fearful, there was a downturn. When they saw Trump doing nothing, they started coming in again.

What I posted makes sense to people who have common sense. Glad that so many here get it, even if you don't.
Because someone said that fewer were coming does not mean that is true. We have no idea how many are coming at any given time.

But yeah, Trump isn't actually doing anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-03-2018, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Florida & Cebu, Philippines
2,808 posts, read 2,275,108 times
Reputation: 2855
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Compromise? You really mean just give in. Nope sorry but that's not going to happen and if Democrats were in control I seriously doubt if you would be advising R's to give in to demands of Dems would you?
Yes I would...it is only common sense...but I forgot you dems do not seem to have any...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2018, 06:24 PM
 
Location: la la land
27,818 posts, read 11,732,442 times
Reputation: 19683
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Try again.
Trump Is Failing to Keep His First Promise to Americans: Stopping Undocumented Immigrants, New Report Says
Trump started his presidency with a decline in immigration arrests indicating that fewer immigrants were trying to enter the U.S, which was part of Trumpís campaign promise to keep undocumented immigrants out. But U.S. Customs and Border Patrol officials say there has been an "uptickĒ in the number of immigrants taken into custody.
As I stated, initially fearful, there was a downturn. When they saw Trump doing nothing, they started coming in again.
What I posted makes sense to people who have common sense. Glad that so many here get it, even if you don't.
Let's look at the reality of the "mass deportation" that you expect dear leader to implement.

Hire more Border Patrol agents: While the administration has largely focused on beefing up the Border Patrol and interior immigration enforcement agents, Reardon pressed lawmakers to support appropriations to hire at least 3,700 customs officers at the nationís ports of entry. CBP has yet to bring on 1,200 of the employees it was funded to hire in 2014, and is still short an additional 2,500 employees it previously deemed necessary from its workforce planning estimates. Fearing The job sucks, duty stations are awful, pay is low and well over half of the applicants can't pass a simple polygraph exam.

There is not enough bedspace for detainees, so they are currently renting bedspace in local jails. "No specific projects have been proposed, ICE spokeswoman Sarah Rodriguez said, but itís part of the agencyís $1.2 billion plan to increase detention beds by 50 percent to about 51,000 by 2018.
Detention Push Ignites New Deportation Battles" So right now there is room for 26,000 detainees some of whom remain in custody for two years, and later this year there will be 51,000 beds - not exactly a recipe for a mass deportation is it?

Not enough judges "The office has about 1,000 full-time employees across 58 courts throughout the country. Judges hear testimony from immigrants and associated individuals the Homeland Security Department has slotted for removal, in addition to reviewing documentary evidence. The median case in the systemís backlog has been sitting for 404 days and it takes two years to hire new judges"
It Takes the Government More Than Two Years to Hire an Immigration Judge - Management - GovExec.com

It is not going to happen, Trump and his boy Homan will pick off people around the edges and try to get lots of news coverage for what is basically nothing more than Obama was doing. Trump is big on talk but as usual lacks the intellectual curiosity and common sense to understand the complexity of the solutions he is advocating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2018, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
18,035 posts, read 8,815,835 times
Reputation: 18471
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Let's look at the reality of the "mass deportation" that you expect dear leader to implement.

Hire more Border Patrol agents: While the administration has largely focused on beefing up the Border Patrol and interior immigration enforcement agents, Reardon pressed lawmakers to support appropriations to hire at least 3,700 customs officers at the nationís ports of entry. CBP has yet to bring on 1,200 of the employees it was funded to hire in 2014, and is still short an additional 2,500 employees it previously deemed necessary from its workforce planning estimates. Fearing The job sucks, duty stations are awful, pay is low and well over half of the applicants can't pass a simple polygraph exam.

There is not enough bedspace for detainees, so they are currently renting bedspace in local jails. "No specific projects have been proposed, ICE spokeswoman Sarah Rodriguez said, but itís part of the agencyís $1.2 billion plan to increase detention beds by 50 percent to about 51,000 by 2018.
Detention Push Ignites New Deportation Battles" So right now there is room for 26,000 detainees some of whom remain in custody for two years, and later this year there will be 51,000 beds - not exactly a recipe for a mass deportation is it?

Not enough judges "The office has about 1,000 full-time employees across 58 courts throughout the country. Judges hear testimony from immigrants and associated individuals the Homeland Security Department has slotted for removal, in addition to reviewing documentary evidence. The median case in the systemís backlog has been sitting for 404 days and it takes two years to hire new judges"
It Takes the Government More Than Two Years to Hire an Immigration Judge - Management - GovExec.com

It is not going to happen, Trump and his boy Homan will pick off people around the edges and try to get lots of news coverage for what is basically nothing more than Obama was doing. Trump is big on talk but as usual lacks the intellectual curiosity and common sense to understand the complexity of the solutions he is advocating.
Instead, go back and read what I wrote. I'll make it easier on you - let ICE do their job. Toss in jail anyone who is here illegally (since deporting them does zero - they keep returning) and toss in jail the people hiring them.

Prisons are big business here. Let some of the black males and the poor that they've incarcerated for bull ****e go and put in some of these white collar criminals.

Doing nothing or doing what we've been doing isn't enough. Granting an 8th amnesty (this will be the last time!) is insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2018, 07:15 PM
 
Location: la la land
27,818 posts, read 11,732,442 times
Reputation: 19683
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Instead, go back and read what I wrote. I'll make it easier on you - let ICE do their job. Toss in jail anyone who is here illegally (since deporting them does zero - they keep returning) and toss in jail the people hiring them.

Prisons are big business here. Let some of the black males and the poor that they've incarcerated for bull ****e go and put in some of these white collar criminals.

Doing nothing or doing what we've been doing isn't enough. Granting an 8th amnesty (this will be the last time!) is insane.
You can't just "toss them in jail" you either charge them with a criminal offense or you begin deportation hearings. And no one is going to release prison inmates in order to make room for deportation detainees. Entertaining this fantasy that Trump is going to implement some mass deportation is just plain silly. It won't happen because it can't happen, we lack the border agents, the jail space and the judges to manage the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2018, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
18,035 posts, read 8,815,835 times
Reputation: 18471
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You can't just "toss them in jail" you either charge them with a criminal offense or you begin deportation hearings. And no one is going to release prison inmates in order to make room for deportation detainees. Entertaining this fantasy that Trump is going to implement some mass deportation is just plain silly. It won't happen because it can't happen, we lack the border agents, the jail space and the judges to manage the process.
You're the only one using the phrase 'mass deportation'.

I know you want everyone to stay and Trump can wave his magic wand and they'll all become citizens, so stick to your fantasy and I'll stick to mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2018, 07:26 PM
 
Location: la la land
27,818 posts, read 11,732,442 times
Reputation: 19683
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're the only one using the phrase 'mass deportation'.
I know you want everyone to stay and Trump can wave his magic wand and they'll all become citizens, so stick to your fantasy and I'll stick to mine.
Please don't make stuff up and attribute it to me. And while I admit you did not use the term "mass deportation" that is exactly what your plan describes:

Quote:
Toss in jail anyone who is here illegally (since deporting them does zero - they keep returning) and toss in jail the people hiring them. Prisons are big business here. Let some of the black males and the poor that they've incarcerated for bull ****e go and put in some of these white collar criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2018, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
18,035 posts, read 8,815,835 times
Reputation: 18471
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Please don't make stuff up and attribute it to me. And while I admit you did not use the term "mass deportation" that is exactly what your plan describes:
So you think incarceration is the same as deportation.

Got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2018, 09:08 PM
 
71,570 posts, read 30,559,198 times
Reputation: 14129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Instead, go back and read what I wrote. I'll make it easier on you - let ICE do their job. Toss in jail anyone who is here illegally (since deporting them does zero - they keep returning) and toss in jail the people hiring them.
You have already acknowledged that this isn't going to happen but aren't going to allow that to stop you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2018, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
18,035 posts, read 8,815,835 times
Reputation: 18471
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You have already acknowledged that this isn't going to happen but aren't going to allow that to stop you.
Says the poster who bangs the same drum except when someone else's words pop out of his mouth.

There's a reason I ignore 99% of any posts you address to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top