Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I've worked with people from many places and it's interesting that it's only the Mexicans that are that rude. It was funny just this week where I work an Arab immigrant told a Mexican to talk in English. Since the Arab is higher up, the Mexican immediately complied. I worked with a married couple -- from Colombia and Peru and they would always speak to each other in English in the work place so I see no good excuse for Mexicans to carry on in Spanish the way they do.
Not just some Mexicans; I had an unpleasant run-in with some Hungarians jabbering away in their language in front of me knowing full well that I do not speak that tongue (they spoke English, BTW).

Note this incident occurred here in the Phx area at a church that I occasionally attend.

Apparently; these individuals were pissed off due to father being Hungarian and my not speaking it.

What made it worse (in the above peoples' eyes) is that I am a direct male descendent of the brother of a Hungarian revolutionary------the best analogy would be Santa Anna to a Mexican national in historical significance.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:36 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I've worked with people from many places and it's interesting that it's only the Mexicans that are that rude. It was funny just this week where I work an Arab immigrant told a Mexican to talk in English. Since the Arab is higher up, the Mexican immediately complied. I worked with a married couple -- from Colombia and Peru and they would always speak to each other in English in the work place so I see no good excuse for Mexicans to carry on in Spanish the way they do.
I agree on the rudeness but "only Mexicans"?

No, no, no....I was speaking of Asians in the workplace.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:55 AM

558 posts, read 385,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Anything positive? I don't see the point in this thread. We don't need your sympathy.
YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT YOUR SELFSELF EXEDOUS??? Aren't You Mexican-American. Shameful...

Old 03-24-2008, 03:02 AM

558 posts, read 385,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATOGAMO View Post
I would appreciate your honest posts regarding this question, please no sarcastic comments.
If you have nothing good to say, just type "I don't".
Thank you.
Anything positive to say. You are posting this on a forum where you have a bunch of people who are so anti-illegal immigration, that they dislike the legal ones too. Nothing to say but "I love mexican food and Panda Express". You want the opinions of ignorant people. Come on...are you that bored?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:32 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:
Let me try to understand your post. Are you labeling me as ridiculous for defending my background?
I'm not trying to single you out, I specifically said so at the beginning of my post. I'm simply pointing out that there are LOTS of people who 'get their feelings hurt' WAAAAAY TOO EASILY these days, and that folks like that need to grow a skin and grow up.

Nobody ever said you could go through life without being insulted.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:15 AM

162 posts, read 326,309 times
Sometimes after been insulted so many times, you develop some kind of shield around you, that wasn't my case. It seems life was different with you.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
I learned a long time ago that people say things that CAN hurt you, but ONLY if you LET them. We ALL have the option of ignoring those hurtful words and living our lives ABOVE the muck and mire. I find it much easier and more pleasant to live that way.

It's a CHOICE, my friend...

Old 03-24-2008, 09:56 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Sometimes after been insulted so many times, you develop some kind of shield around you, that wasn't my case. It seems life was different with you.
No one said that life was to be fair. Or that everyone would be "kind".

The world is made up of different types of people - it makes things interesting.

Sounds to me like you tend to take things to seriously

Old 03-24-2008, 10:34 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,340 times
Please stay on topic and use the DM feature to discuss off topic issues with specific posters.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:51 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,163 times
There is something positive about every race you come across. Hispanics have many nice cultures. Nice music as well. Their women are sexy. They seem to be to baseball what blacks are to basketball. Then again, a lot of Latinos/Hispanics have African roots. A lot of them have ancestors that included Spanish colonists and African slaves.

I'm black by the way, in case it matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration