U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 08:19 PM

3,857 posts, read 3,166,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Gee, the silence was deafening among Republicans, when Ronnie Raygun let 5 million stay! Pleasant dreams ...amigos!
That was 1986, 32 years ago. I know it's difficult for SLOW learners, try staying on topic and stay current it's 2018 now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 08:15 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,096,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
My state went for Hillary. My vote, if it were for Trump, wouldn't matter.
Well, I try to always put that aside and vote anyway, but that is the result I get for state reps and senators who will not answer my email. Name recognition is everything in this state it seems, if your granddad voted for his granddad, you are betraying your ancestors if you don't vote for their grandson.

The smart illegal aliens should be filing out. It is obvious here that some are leaving. DACAs are not much different than the other illegal aliens except for the unlawful status that Obama bestowed on them. They all wanted amnesty, "free and clear", and not subject to rules that would get them bounced to their home of origin if they didn't toll the line here, which when one considers the number that lied on their applications, and those have committed crimes and been booted from DACA, you figure they have a case for something immediate before the poop hits the fan!

Old 02-13-2018, 12:00 PM

2,635 posts, read 1,358,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yeah... We're still waiting for the Hollywood celebs to leave like they promised they would after Trump was elected.
I think the Hollywood elite won't leave because they are afraid illegal aliens will move into their vacate houses.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
ICE is not doing anything.
ICE is doing more to deport illegal aliens now under Trump than they did with their catch and release under Obama.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How are employers supposed to know the IDs/SS#s illegal aliens present are stolen or forged?
Eh.... where have you been...its called E-Verify.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:10 PM

31,710 posts, read 14,622,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Eh.... where have you been...its called E-Verify.

I think what the poster was trying to say is that without e-verify the employer can't always determine the status of a potential employee. That's why it needs to be mandated across the board. Currently illegal aliens use some very authentic looking ID's/SS numbers to gain employment and an employer can be fooled. I am glad that Trump has mandated e-verify in his 2018 budget but it needs to pass in both houses of congress.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:07 PM

974 posts, read 532,967 times
If they have dual citizenship with Ecuador, I wish the parents had initially moved there instead of illegally coming to the USA. Education in NJ is very expensive with citizens paying high taxes to support it. These girls benefited greatly from that - is it appreciated?

I'm sure they are aware that there are animals in Ecuador and surely a vet tech program or something similar, so no tears for lost "dreams". Their parents put them in this situation. I do think they are making the correct decision to leave on their own.

As a moderate, independent voter, I do feel a compromise should be found:

Chain migration is outdated so if you can't live without your extended family, don't come. Many Americans live hundreds or thousands of miles from their families. Buy a plane ticket to visit like the rest of us have done for decades. Spouse and minor kids only.

DACA people, if allowed to stay, should not be able to sponsor their parents who brought them here illegally.

Skilled immigrants should be given priority going forward. We have a huge underclass in this country already. Our schools and hospitals are already floundering with resources stretched too thin.

Use E-verify for every single employee of any business.

This whole illegal immigration mess should have been stopped in the 1990s but businesses were making a fortune off the backs of immigrants, especially in construction. And yes, Reagan giving amnesty in the 1980s made it worse as it opened the floodgates. There are many people who are moderates who feel there has to be common sense applied at this point.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:59 AM

1,225 posts, read 362,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
ICE is doing more to deport illegal aliens now under Trump than they did with their catch and release under Obama.
Catch and release is still happening FYI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or