U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 10:13 AM

14,966 posts, read 8,529,518 times

Advertisements

Reward the law breakers including those that aid and abet them, our country is going down the tubes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-ra...221801574.html
Quote:
Now heís broke and out of work. But his stand against President Donald Trumpís treatment of immigrant families has inspired hundreds of people to reach out and say thanks ― and to set up a GoFundMe page for him. In a matter of days, as of Tuesday, they had raised more than $11,000 to help Dyrdahl-Roberts regain financial footing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 10:31 AM

2,278 posts, read 704,732 times
Thanks for the link, I had not heard about this yet. I gave him a few bucks. I hope this guy gets a bunch of cash and other people start doing the same thing. If enough good people stand up against the racists and nativists we can restore decency and compassion to the US before it is too late.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:35 AM

5,768 posts, read 3,091,937 times
So he is not looking to obtain another job to support his under-employed wife, child and 2 cats because ....... ?

Old 02-14-2018, 11:37 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
So he is not looking to obtain another job to support his under-employed wife, child and 2 cats because ....... ?
Because it is easier to have someone else support him. Most people are more responsible when it comes to a job, especially when they have a family to support. I don't understand immigrant families, obviously this would not apply to illegal aliens as they not considered immigrants, but aliens by the government.

He has to be a Democrat if he is willing to let his 4 year old son and wife go without things because he is refusing to honor the laws of our country. Think "little Schumer". Someone reaching out to say "thank you" doesn't put food on the table, and while cash may come in for awhile, he will be forgotten in time, and it may end up being his wife and child telling a hard luck story.

He also has a paypal account and has asked those that support him to donate to that. From what I understand, he had a low level job, frankly looks a little mentally challenged, so this is probably really financially paying off for him. He should be asking for help finding a job, not for others to support him. Some people have no shame and it appears that is who he represents.

"Someone else support myself and my family.", the battle cry of illegal aliens and at least some of their supporters!

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 02-14-2018 at 11:47 AM..

Old 02-14-2018, 03:50 PM

11,350 posts, read 7,399,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Reward the law breakers including those that aid and abet them, our country is going down the tubes

Stupid man. A few minutes of fame, then off to obscurity.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:25 PM

11,484 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Because it is easier to have someone else support him. Most people are more responsible when it comes to a job, especially when they have a family to support. I don't understand immigrant families, obviously this would not apply to illegal aliens as they not considered immigrants, but aliens by the government.

He has to be a Democrat if he is willing to let his 4 year old son and wife go without things because he is refusing to honor the laws of our country. Think "little Schumer". Someone reaching out to say "thank you" doesn't put food on the table, and while cash may come in for awhile, he will be forgotten in time, and it may end up being his wife and child telling a hard luck story.

He also has a paypal account and has asked those that support him to donate to that. From what I understand, he had a low level job, frankly looks a little mentally challenged, so this is probably really financially paying off for him. He should be asking for help finding a job, not for others to support him. Some people have no shame and it appears that is who he represents.

"Someone else support myself and my family.", the battle cry of illegal aliens and at least some of their supporters!
I couldn't rep you again---but this^^^^is spot on

If some people want to waste their hard-earned money to support someone who refuses to do their job and instead aid and abet illegal aliens, then go ahead and also aid and abet illegals like this guy is doing. Better yet, anyone who feels sorry for illegals should be spending their own money by opening up their home to illegals. Don't stop there! Pay for their immigration lawyers, too.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:14 PM

2,427 posts, read 783,770 times
What a fool. He's out of work and someone else is now processing those documents instead. His action isn't changing anything.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:25 AM

21,367 posts, read 10,646,603 times
Good, he quit, there are enough bozos working for the gov.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
What a fool. He's out of work and someone else is now processing those documents instead. His action isn't changing anything.
If he truly felt unable to continue his job because it violated his beliefs OK. But I would have thought this means it's time to look for a new job. Remember Kim Davis, who didn't want to issue a marriage license to a gay couple? I recall many said she needs to resign. I don't think that meant resign and set up a GoFundMe to pay my bills.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

I suspect he is broke because of other things besides Donald Trump.

Wishing him good luck on finding another job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or