U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 06:42 PM

27,614 posts, read 17,699,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Please re-read my last post. I have nothing more to say.

The one you deleted?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 02-18-2018, 07:44 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,242,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's what it says, and that illegals sent an estimated 38B. I would want some verification on those numbers.

So the stance is that it takes money away from the American economy. But if that is so horrible, what about Americans (all) travelling to other countries, doesn't that take money from the American economy? Why is no one outraged about that? That's 66M people at an average cost of $3200.

The Philippines is the same, their major import is cash from abroad, and major export is labor. Here, it is SUPER common for legal filipinos to send LOTS of money back home.

I can't see how you can tell citizen's how to spend their money.
Quote:
I know what words mean, please stop yelling.

The OPs part that he included in his post is about Mexican Americans. Legal.
Based on your post above, you seemed to not know the difference when comparing legal Filipinos to illegals, thus my use of bold and caps, and just because you are a mod, does not give you the right to post false or misleading information or disparage Filipinos by using small letters.

BTW my wife is a legal citizen in the U.S. and once was a green card holder who came to our great country legally, so your comparing her and people like her and their legal actions to those who come here illegally is just dead wrong and just maybe you need to learn how to use quotes if quoting something else.

BTW if I broke the rules then I am sorry but you posted the word SUPER in caps, so if you do not want people to post in caps, then just maybe you should not either.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:14 PM

The excerpt that the OP posted is on LEGAL immigrants and citizens sending remittances to Mexico, thus the term Mexican Americans.

Later in the article it discusses the amount sent by illegal immigrants. I thought I was pretty clear, and accurate with what I wrote.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:39 PM

31,700 posts, read 14,622,494 times
Quote:
The one you deleted?

Um no, the one I deleted was a duplicate post. I was referring to my post #8.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
The excerpt that the OP posted is on LEGAL immigrants and citizens sending remittances to Mexico, thus the term Mexican Americans.

Later in the article it discusses the amount sent by illegal immigrants. I thought I was pretty clear, and accurate with what I wrote.
So maybe it should have been deleted instead of your comments made on it and besides, you still capitalized and then complained when I did it and you did not respect Filipinos by failing to capitalize the F in Filipino.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
So maybe it should have been deleted instead of your comments made on it and besides, you still capitalized and then complained when I did it and you did not respect Filipinos by failing to capitalize the F in Filipino.
Yes, of course, I am a filipino racist. You have NO idea how amusing that is!!

Are you saying the OP should delete his post? That would be odd....

Would you care to discuss the issue or punctuation and grammar. There is a difference between the details of that, and a the internet equivalent of yelling.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Yes, of course, I am a filipino racist. You have NO idea how amusing that is!!

Are you saying the OP should delete his post? That would be odd....

Would you care to discuss the issue or punctuation and grammar. There is a difference between the details of that, and a the internet equivalent of yelling.
You had the thought to make Mexican with caps but obviously refuse to make Filipinos with caps, thus it is my opinion that since you did it again, you must be disrespecting Filipinos.

So now you are becoming the punctuation police, you should be ashamed to call yourself a moderator and the forum should be ashamed to have you as a moderator, disgusting, forums and moderators are supposed to encourage posting, you seem to not know your job.

Moderators also delete posts that are off topic, once again you seem to not know your job.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
You had the thought to make Mexican with caps but obviously refuse to make Filipinos with caps, thus it is my opinion that since you did it again, you must be disrespecting Filipinos.

So now you are becoming the punctuation police, you should be ashamed to call yourself a moderator and the forum should be ashamed to have you as a moderator, disgusting, forums and moderators are supposed to encourage posting, you seem to not know your job.

Moderators also delete posts that are off topic, once again you seem to not know your job.

So again, you are not interested in discussing the OP's post?

Old 02-19-2018, 04:01 AM

Quote:
So again, you are not interested in discussing the OP's post?
I have made my opinion known in many topic, I did not feel like beating a dead horse but since you ask, send all illegals home asap, problem solved. Legal immigrants have a right to send money home, illegals need to be stopped cold from sending even one dollar. I say tax all the money sent by anyone who cannot pass e verify at least 50% so our country gets something from those who are still here, the rest hopefully will leave on their own.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:00 AM
Yac

5,875 posts, read 6,298,527 times
What a lovely thread
Also, mexican is not a synonym for illegal alien, apparently I have to remind some of you about it.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or