U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 11:07 PM

8,890 posts, read 9,022,010 times

Advertisements

I don't know why somebody would refer to computer programming as a "bad job", but to answer the OP's question, Americans will do the computer programming work and other mostly white collar jobs that the 40% of illegals who are visa-overstayers are taking from U.S. citizens. That is who will do them. And, U.S. citizens will do all the middle income jobs stolen by H-1B and L1 visa workers.

Hope that answers your question, OP.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 01:16 AM

29,640 posts, read 32,018,309 times
Who polished the silver when we lost the hired help?

People and society adapt and change. This isn't anything to worry about.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:08 AM

32,911 posts, read 30,173,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My wife and I, we are both college educated, own a real estate company and we used to handle weekly rentals until it got to be too much.

There were many times through the years when our cleaners were swamped or couldn't get to the job on time.
I didn't consider myself too "good" to do cleaning jobs. The job had to get done.

In times of need Americans like myself will roll up our sleeves and get to work.
There is nothing wrong with good honest work.

If every illegal alien disappeared tomorrow I think we would get along just fine.
Remember the "day without a illegal". The lack of traffic was amazing.

Old 02-27-2018, 09:40 AM

227 posts, read 101,450 times
I respect everyone's opinion, many of you said very valid points.

My opinion is based on what I saw as I was growing up. The only way I had to finish college was to work low-wage jobs on the weekends. I scrubbed toilets, and clean after people. The actual job wasn't bad, like one of you said, is an honest job. What comes with the job is what literally killed me! I often heard people talking between their mouth saying stuff like

"...oh don't worry about making a mess, that's why they have these illiterates here working these jobs because obviously they're not going anywhere..."

Statements like that and how mean people can be, is what is making me to think that any honest American shouldn't have to work these jobs.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:56 AM

23,627 posts, read 31,274,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quique07 View Post
If all undocumented immigrants/ illegal aliens are deported, who is going to work the bad jobs?

You know, those jobs that currently they take, like cleaning bathrooms, washing dishes, cleaning houses, etc...

I would refuse to do any of those jobs.

I work hard through school, and have work extremely hard for the job that I currently have.

So then, in fixing one problem, aren't we creating another?

How many of you guys here, in this very forum, are willing to give up your current job to scrub toilets and clean other peoples' *****! .... And is not like by deporting illegal aliens we can simply get rid of these jobs, because the services will still be needed.
I went to college and make over 120k a year, but I'm not arrogant enough to think that I'm "above" any kind of work that's necessary to support myself and my family.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:01 PM

31,888 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Quote:

My opinion is based on what I saw as I was growing up. The only way I had to finish college was to work low-wage jobs on the weekends. I scrubbed toilets, and clean after people. The actual job wasn't bad, like one of you said, is an honest job. What comes with the job is what literally killed me! I often heard people talking between their mouth saying stuff like

"...oh don't worry about making a mess, that's why they have these illiterates here working these jobs because obviously they're not going anywhere..."

Statements like that and how mean people can be, is what is making me to think that any honest American shouldn't have to work these jobs.

Not sure what you mean by honest Americans. Many Americans work blue-collared jobs and enjoy doing them. Just because you heard some nasty remarks made by an arrogant person it doesn't represent the sentiments of most. I have never looked down my nose at people who do manual labor work. In my youth I did them also.

Construction isn't a "bad" job and used to pay a fair wage until millions of cheap illegals flooded our border.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:01 PM

20,088 posts, read 20,587,297 times
Quote:

Really. Because some people are A holes you think American citizens shouldn't have to work menial labor jobs.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:13 PM

2,652 posts, read 1,367,317 times
Quote:
If all undocumented immigrants/ illegal aliens are deported, who is going to work the bad jobs?

You know, those jobs that currently they take, like cleaning bathrooms, washing dishes, cleaning houses, etc...

I would refuse to do any of those jobs.

I work hard through school, and have work extremely hard for the job that I currently have.

So then, in fixing one problem, aren't we creating another?

How many of you guys here, in this very forum, are willing to give up your current job to scrub toilets and clean other peoples' *****! .... And is not like by deporting illegal aliens we can simply get rid of these jobs, because the services will still be needed.
Just who do you think did the above mentioned jobs before illegal aliens flooded the market and forced down wages to a point where either legal Migrates/green card or unskilled American can't afford those jobs.
The biggest portion of the population who did those jobs were unskilled minorities and in some cases companies who hired low level IQ's to do janitorial work.
Maybe if some on the left including congressional democrats would stop worrying about illegal alien and more about the American people a lot of poverty/homeless would go away.
Have you checked the street in Los Angles lately....40% of black are homeless in LA county while only comprising only 8% of the population.

Homeless in Los Angeles County, California

As Homeless Line Up for Food, Los Angeles Weighs Restrictions - The New York Times

Old 02-27-2018, 01:22 PM

18,604 posts, read 13,752,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Robots will do the jobs.
Robots are replacing everyone.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/10/...llo-to-solana/

Old 02-27-2018, 02:45 PM

11,996 posts, read 6,614,115 times
Quote:

Statements like that and how mean people can be, is what is making me to think that any honest American shouldn’t have to work these jobs.

What an elitist attitude!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or