Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 09:47 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

Take care out there folks.

https://www.facebook.com/KRON4/video...5632975932098/

Old 02-24-2018, 09:49 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Good, no one should be illegally in the country. Trump has made good on his promise, he is doing what no other president has done before, they've certainly talked about it including Obama, but all were too scared to actually do it. I hope ICE is successful. I'm all for immigration and making the process more streamlined, but I will never support ILLEGAL immigration and those who broke the law back then are still breaking the law every single day they are here.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Good, no one should be illegally in the country. Trump has made good on his promise, he is doing what no other president has done before, they've certainly talked about including Obama, but were too scared to actually do it.
Wrong. Obama deported hundreds of thousands of people but he also correctly put many( dreamers) on a path to legal status. That's the right thing to do.

Our current asshat-in-chief is a hypocrite who readily uses foreign labor to make his own merchandise and didnt give 2 shts about employing foreign laborers himself, but now as a politician is a flagwaving xenophobe? Yawns yeah right

He's throwing a fit because CA doesnt gaf about his funding threats and needs to appear heavy handed to the racist morons who support this cold hearted tactic.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Wrong. Obama deported hundreds of thousands of people but he also correctly put many( dreamers) on a path to legal status. That's the right thing to do.

Our current asshat-in-chief is a hypocrite who readily uses foreign labor to make his own merchandise and didnt give 2 shts about employing foreign laborers himself, but now as a politician is a flagwaving xenophobe? Yawns yeah right

He's throwing a fit because CA doesnt gaf about his funding threats and needs to appear heavy handed to the racist morons who support this cold hearted tactic.
""We are a generous and welcoming people here in the United States -- but those who enter the country illegally, and those who employ them disrespect the rule of law. They are showing disregard for those who are following the law. We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently and lawfully to become immigrants." -Obama

Old 02-24-2018, 10:39 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
And our president's helped get his in-laws into the country via chain migration. Go figure.

How many of you have illegal immigrants sitting next to you at work, being paid for the same kind of work you do? Right. Then tell me how they are taking jobs you want. Or your kids want.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
"We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently and lawfully to become immigrants." -Obama
Exactly, so let's 'detect' them and 'check' them by deporting the criminals and putting the millions of productive undocumented residents who contribute to the US on a path to permanent status, even if that means fines.

But who benefits by deporting an RN who OWNS a home and has 2 kids at UC? No one.

So present us with a common sense plan that makes sense or prepare to lose miserably when this issue is finally resolved, because you will not win.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
And our president's helped get his in-laws into the country via chain migration. Go figure.

How many of you have illegal immigrants sitting next to you at work, being paid for the same kind of work you do? Right. Then tell me how they are taking jobs you want. Or your kids want.
It has nothing to do with "taking jobs away" it has everything to do with being illegally in the country. It's no different than me being like... "Um I think I will move to Denmark today" ...yeah sorry, the world doesn't work like that including our country.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:04 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
It has nothing to do with "taking jobs away" it has everything to do with being illegally in the country. It's no different than me being like... "Um I think I will move to Denmark today" ...yeah sorry, the world doesn't work like that including our country.
Denmark isn’t a country built on immigration after killing off most of its native population. And they have a national healthcare system, like all civilized countries not bought off by corporations and their lobbyists.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Denmark isn’t a country built on immigration after killing off most of its native population. And they have a national healthcare system, like all civilized countries not bought off by corporations and their lobbyists.
This shows how far left the Democratic Party has moved even since Obama. Thank goodness Trump and the GOP won.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:16 AM

308 posts, read 467,083 times
Quote:
Good, no one should be illegally in the country. Trump has made good on his promise, he is doing what no other president has done before, they've certainly talked about it including Obama, but all were too scared to actually do it. I hope ICE is successful.
People are here, established, already. Tearing apart families, removing productive people from our society is a good thing? The labor pool is already tight. This is evident now, with a shortage of skilled craftsman, construction, contractors that have the resources to take on more work, etc. Try finding handymen, contractors, tradesman now for an immediate repair? The vast majority of them won't even return your call. The others will at least contact you and then schedule you out weeks later.

These are people that take on the jobs at your favorite restaurant, and help keep costs down. That work in the fields to keep our food prices down. They take on many jobs that citizens simply won't and don't do. Many do pay taxes, and through rent, also contribute to property taxes. So how is this hurting you exactly? Be careful what you wish for.

BTW- what Trump is doing, it's not about him making the hard decisions or being brave and unafraid. It's Trump taking the easiest course of action that any President could have done- at the expense of men, women, children, and families. That's why 'no other President has done it before'. The others have a sense of human decency and know that the proper, humane solution is far more complex!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of: