U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 08:49 AM

9,801 posts, read 7,111,943 times

Advertisements

I was listening to NPR this morning and heard a sad story about a woman and her son from El Salvador.

It seems that the local gang wanted her 17 year old son to join them and what Mom would want that so they headed to America to live with family. They walked across the border and were picked up for entering the country illegally. The mom was given a court date and forced to wear a ankle monitor and both were sent on to live with their family members.

During the year they were living in limbo the son went to high school but he did not speak English and he was bullied so he dropped out. The mom spoke little English and as her court date approached to decide her fate in this country she struggled to find a lawyer that would represent her. This surprised me that with so many people that love the illegal aliens that they would still have to pay for their own lawyer but they do which is a real burden for many.

Her day came, she went to court but she went to the wrong court house. The judge marked her as a no show and issued a deportation order to ICE. She is now currently waiting for the call from ICE.

I either missed it or they did not report what would happen to her son, if he was also to be deported or he could stay?

Anyways this was a real sob story that is so typical of NPR when they report on things like this but I couldn't help think about these "dreamers".

This mom and her son came to America illegally to escape a dangerous gang that was recruiting her boy. How many moms live in dangerous cities across America that are facing the same threats for their sons and they would love the chance to get out of the hood but can't because they have no where to go.

Why do they tell us to be sympathetic to dreamers from other countries when American dreamers are already suffering everyday?

NPR is good at presenting these sob stories to their listeners but I can't help but think about the American citizens that they ignore. Why?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 10:07 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,222,559 times
Sad story, indeed. Have you may any attempt(s) to help this family?

Old 02-25-2018, 10:19 AM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Sad story, indeed. Have you may any attempt(s) to help this family?

I personally would rather help American families in need.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:11 AM

9,801 posts, read 7,111,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

That is my point. NPR is a voice for the Left and their globalist agenda and they often feature human interest stories like this to tug at our heart strings and try to get us to question the President when all he wants to do is enforce existing immigration laws.

They turned this woman and her son from El Salvador into victims of #1 a gang in their home town, #2 border agents and unfair laws of our land including the court system and a mean President that will no doubt be sending her back to her homeland.
There was not much talk about her son. Will he be allowed to stay?

We have enough people living in dangerous areas in America and they have no choice to sneak into a foreign country for safety.

I think NPR should tell stories about these people.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:53 PM

11,497 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
^^^^This

The MSM is forever trying to find just the right sob story when it comes to illegals. They never learn---the vast majority aren't buying any of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or