U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 04:48 PM

1,815 posts, read 735,066 times

Advertisements

What's crazy is that left-leaning folks are running around trying to protect the rights of these scammers, like it's a righteous civil rights cause.

"Citizenship for all 11 milllion!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 06:18 PM

3,002 posts, read 1,969,664 times
I knew someone who needed a birth certificate the county where he grew up in office burned down so they didn't have anything on him he was born in 1930's. They told him to try and get a school record when he was a kid in a school he went to but the school was small town like k-12 same building. He found a report card he had from 1940's he was like 13 years old only had his first name on it but they accepted it along with his military records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't recall during my working days when I didn't have to produce my actual SS card to gain employment. They actually took photos of it. Could be it was different decades ago but I just don't recall it. I think it's important otherwise one can just make up a SS number when applying for a job. We actually need e-verify mandated across the board so that it deter's illegal aliens from presenting a fake or stolen SS number to work.
Lot depends on the state only a few states require E-verify the rest only need to retain the I9 Forum buddy of mine said he got a letter from SSN office said someone in another state was using his number.

Old 03-08-2018, 06:45 PM

31,654 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I knew someone who needed a birth certificate the county where he grew up in office burned down so they didn't have anything on him he was born in 1930's. They told him to try and get a school record when he was a kid in a school he went to but the school was small town like k-12 same building. He found a report card he had from 1940's he was like 13 years old only had his first name on it but they accepted it along with his military records.

Lot depends on the state only a few states require E-verify the rest only need to retain the I9 Forum buddy of mine said he got a letter from SSN office said someone in another state was using his number.
Your post that I replied to was about having to produce a SS card during the hiring practice. It had nothing to do with e-verify or the I9 form. It doesn't matter what state you live in you are required to produce a copy of your SS card to gain employment. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. Illegal aliens however produce fake or stolen ones therefore the need to have e-verify mandated in every workplace. I am well aware that only a few states us e-verify.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:33 PM

7,649 posts, read 1,764,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
They seem to be really cracking down around here. I moved to a new state and the DMV required my paper SS card.

Then, this past week dh took an elderly woman to Verizon to get a new phone. They required her paper SS card too.

So I don't think these cheats who steal our SS numbers have it as easy as they used to.
Anyone can buy a paper Social Security card in any big city. I'm more worried about illegals voting.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:28 PM

3,540 posts, read 2,699,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
I worked it out for Y'all!
$361,000 37 years= $9,756 a year (or thereabouts)

Not great for USA livin but almost Rich in Tijuana!

Mexican man assumes American's identity for 37 years, steals $361,000 in government benefits - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Amateur hour. Try this one on for size.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...l-crisis-cost/

"Government bailouts: The government has poured about $23 trillion into a host of programs and bailouts."

Now that's how you do it and not a single person has ever gone to prison over this.

Stop stepping over dollar bills to save pennies.

More in depth detail

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financ...7%E2%80%932008
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or