U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 05:33 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
They will of course appeal to the Supreme Court who will most likely side with the Federal Government on the issue and this whole "sanctuary" nonsense will finally be put to bed nationwide.
As it should be, in the mean time crank the ICE raids. Fear is a powerful tool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 07:35 PM

16,711 posts, read 20,456,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Are you kidding?

I wonder if you'd feel the same if one of these illegal alien violent offenders end up hurting someone in your family or anyone you care deeply about, would you still think Sessions is just "appeasing" Trump?

Libby Schaff provided information that allowed 800 illegal aliens to escape capture, some of which were CONFIRMED sex offenders and violent offenders. They escaped and are now on the loose because ICE could not get to them due to Libby's very public warning.

It's a public safety issue, not a "political one", though it seems the Dems in California want to make it political to satisfy their confused base.
What are the odds of an illegal alien hurting my family? How often in the news have you heard about an undocumented person doing harm? Yeah, the one guy in San Francisco. Of the gajillion crimes committed that are in the news, over the course of a year, MAYBE one, at the most, will involve an undocumented person.

So, no, it's not a public safety issue.

So, can we deport all the American citizens who commit crimes? Works for me. Our prison costs would be far less.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
California will lose. It is the same issue as when Arizona was trying to inforce federal immigration law.

Even the opening of sessions law suite is the same as Obama’s when Obama sued Arizona.
I wonder if we could start our own trade war with the feds. How about California stop exporting say, avocados or almonds or lettuce or artichokes...

Or, what if we all decided not to pay our federal taxes...

Old 03-09-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
As it should be, in the mean time crank the ICE raids. Fear is a powerful tool.
Just what we need. Fear. Gestappo raids of hard-working people and their kids. Fueled by hate. Yeah, just what we need.

We'll just start hiding them all. Don't expect us not to fight that kind of crap.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:24 PM

624 posts, read 322,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Just what we need. Fear. Gestappo raids of hard-working people and their kids. Fueled by hate. Yeah, just what we need.

We'll just start hiding them all. Don't expect us not to fight that kind of crap.
How is it fueled by hate? I love how people try to tell me that I am a racist for not wanting Illegals to live here. I have actually been called a racist because supposedly I don't like brown people. I then had to remind this person that my wife is a Dark Skinned Brown Filipina that gets confused as being Mexican ALL the time by other Mexicans. I also had to ask if I am racist against Brown people Does that make me racist against my 2 children by my wife who look like Mexicans even though they are mixed race.

Have you ever gone and dealt with immigration at all? I have and for people to just live here Illegally all the while people are literally waiting up to 20 years to come and live here Legally is absurd.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfx1024 View Post
How is it fueled by hate? I love how people try to tell me that I am a racist for not wanting Illegals to live here. I have actually been called a racist because supposedly I don't like brown people. I then had to remind this person that my wife is a Dark Skinned Brown Filipina that gets confused as being Mexican ALL the time by other Mexicans. I also had to ask if I am racist against Brown people Does that make me racist against my 2 children by my wife who look like Mexicans even though they are mixed race.

Have you ever gone and dealt with immigration at all? I have and for people to just live here Illegally all the while people are literally waiting up to 20 years to come and live here Legally is absurd.
Here we agree. But, where we don't agree is when you start telling me that illegals are a safety issue and are likely to harm my family with violence.

My best friend is from the Philippines. Came here when she was around 10. My best friend in high school was Mexican, raised by her grandmother who spoke Spanish. My aunt was brought to the states after meeting my uncle, who was in the service, in Panama. He brought her to the states when she didn't even speak any English and married her. My cousins are obviously mixed-race.

So, yeah, I'm familiar with immigrants. I understand the anger of those who went through the legal process, not thinking it's fair for some to circumvent that process.

But, I also understand how some people can't afford that process. And that our immigration system is a mess.

But, just because someone comes in illegally, in order to better themselves and give opportunities to their kids, that doesn't make them violent criminals who do Americans harm.

We need to have compassion. The legal immigrants we know had the means to afford to wait and go through the long process. Not everyone has those means.

And I do also know that many legal immigrants have cultural biases towards their countrymen who are from a different class than themselves, who are poorer, etc. So, their anger isn't always based on an anger against someone from and equal set of circumstances, who just bypassed the system they went through. They often have disdain towards poorer classes from their own country. So, their anger isn't always pure, if I'm making myself clear. There is a kind of discrimination against their own countrymen, based on class status.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:52 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:

I or 300 million other Americans didn't ask for these criminals to come here. Following the rule of law is now hate in your book? Paying your way and working are looked down upon now?

First thing I'd do is audit everyone on the tax payer dime, section 8, free school meals. If you look like you can work you are cut off. If you are here illegally you are cut off.

What I do hate are leaches, parasites and the criminals stealing from hard working tax payers. I don't care if you are here legally or not if you are pilfering the system with bogus "ailments and illnesses". Are you on section 8? Just wondering where you think all this "Free money" comes from because it's from people like me and it ain't free.

If you aren't working and don't have serious disability you don't need to be on the internet all day long. If you do have a serious disability the internet should be the last thing you are doing.

Matter of fact, we should have an exchange program to get rid of the leaches. We'll swap losers here on fake disability for hard working illegals. Ya'll get to switch Countries. Good luck with that.

Old 03-09-2018, 10:58 PM

3,055 posts, read 4,350,251 times
Quote:

All the billions of poor people around the world don't have the right to live and work here just because they're nice and want to better themselves. We have laws. We have national sovereignty. We have an immigration process. Those who skirt the process should be deported without respect to their sob stories. We already take in a million a year legally who go through the correct channels. Its not like we're not doing our part. There's only so much we can handle without damaging ourselves. As far as hiding them - be my guest. We'll see how many you can cram in your subsidized senior apartment.

Quote:
I wonder if we could start our own trade war with the feds. How about California stop exporting say, avocados or almonds or lettuce or artichokes...

Or, what if we all decided not to pay our federal taxes...
lol - I'm sure the farmers are going to do that. As for federal taxes, you actually have to work or have assets to worry about it.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:56 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfx1024 View Post

They use the racist argument because they donít have a legitimate argument to make. They just try to throw out whatever they think will shut you up. I find that the ones screaming about racism are usually racists themselves. Theyíre just projecting.

Iím sure these same people would scream bloody murder if their house was broken into and robbed. The poor burglar was just trying to make a better life for himself. Why are they calling the police? Itís racist to be upset
if youíre robbed.

Old 03-10-2018, 01:04 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
What are the odds of an illegal alien hurting my family? How often in the news have you heard about an undocumented person doing harm? Yeah, the one guy in San Francisco. Of the gajillion crimes committed that are in the news, over the course of a year, MAYBE one, at the most, will involve an undocumented person.

So, no, it's not a public safety issue.

So, can we deport all the American citizens who commit crimes? Works for me. Our prison costs would be far less.

I'm not going to re-post a bunch of links that have already been posted numerous times in here already as to the many crimes that illegal aliens commit. I suggest you search for them. It's a whole lot more than one guy in Francisco. Many also commit ID theft and tax evasion and those are felonies. They also cost us over $100 billion a year of our tax dollars and a loss of jobs to Americans.

We cannot deport American citizen criminals but we certainly can deport illegal aliens and we should. They have no business being here in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration