U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2018, 01:12 PM

31,698 posts, read 14,614,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Here we agree. But, where we don't agree is when you start telling me that illegals are a safety issue and are likely to harm my family with violence.

My best friend is from the Philippines. Came here when she was around 10. My best friend in high school was Mexican, raised by her grandmother who spoke Spanish. My aunt was brought to the states after meeting my uncle, who was in the service, in Panama. He brought her to the states when she didn't even speak any English and married her. My cousins are obviously mixed-race.

So, yeah, I'm familiar with immigrants. I understand the anger of those who went through the legal process, not thinking it's fair for some to circumvent that process.

But, I also understand how some people can't afford that process. And that our immigration system is a mess.

But, just because someone comes in illegally, in order to better themselves and give opportunities to their kids, that doesn't make them violent criminals who do Americans harm.

We need to have compassion. The legal immigrants we know had the means to afford to wait and go through the long process. Not everyone has those means.

And I do also know that many legal immigrants have cultural biases towards their countrymen who are from a different class than themselves, who are poorer, etc. So, their anger isn't always based on an anger against someone from and equal set of circumstances, who just bypassed the system they went through. They often have disdain towards poorer classes from their own country. So, their anger isn't always pure, if I'm making myself clear. There is a kind of discrimination against their own countrymen, based on class status.

What about having compassion for the Americans who lost their jobs to cheap, illegal aliens and having to cover the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us? I have no compassion for law breakers, foreign or domestic. No one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them. Americans have families to feed also but it makes it hard for them to do that with illegal aliens here sucking up our jobs, resources and taxes.

We have quotas in place for legal immigration and for good reasons. If you weren't invited here then we didn't need you in the first place and your presence here illegally undermines our laws and jeapordizes our own ciitzen's welfare.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 09:19 AM

4,328 posts, read 2,205,098 times
Quote:
What are the odds of an illegal alien hurting my family? How often in the news have you heard about an undocumented person doing harm?
According to ICE, out of the 800, more than 30% had a criminal record. One Mexican citizen had convictions for unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor and a conviction for driving under the influence (DUI), and had been deported in 2003. Another who evaded capture had a conviction for sodomizing a drugged victim in 2012, as well as a DUI from this year—that Mexican citizen had also been previously deported in 2013. Another illegal immigrant from Mexico, previously deported in 2014 for a conviction for armed robbery, also evaded capture.

Here's a blog that keeps track of crimes committed by violent illegal aliens. Why don't you read those stories then imagine someone in your family or someone you deeply care about being in that situation. You still feel the same?
https://fairus.org/issue/illegal-imm...illegal-aliens

Quote:

So, can we deport all the American citizens who commit crimes? Works for me. Our prison costs would be far less.
That's exactly what other countries do. They deport or imprison American Citizens who commit crimes in their countries. Why shouldn't we be able to deport illegal aliens who commit crimes here in the U.S? Are you seriously trying to defend the notion that illegal aliens shouldn't be deported? Why?

Old 03-12-2018, 02:32 PM

11,547 posts, read 5,527,796 times
Quote:
What are the odds of an illegal alien hurting my family? How often in the news have you heard about an undocumented person doing harm? Yeah, the one guy in San Francisco. Of the gajillion crimes committed that are in the news, over the course of a year, MAYBE one, at the most, will involve an undocumented person.

So, no, it's not a public safety issue.

So, can we deport all the American citizens who commit crimes? Works for me. Our prison costs would be far less.
Seriously?

Apparently, you don't live in an area that's been infested by illegal aliens. That's what happened to my community. All those people, like you, who thought that the odds of an illegal hurting them or their family, found out the hard way.

There was the elderly woman, a long time member of the community, who was widowed and lived alone. One night an illegal broke into her house and raped her. Then there was the time where a criminal who was featured on America's Most Wanted was discovered to be living in a once nice apartment complex. Or the time when long time residents heard gunshots on their once safe street. It turned out to be illegal alien gang members shooting at each other. Or the time a high school kid who was waiting for the school bus was shot and killed. Three illegals were charged with the killing. They killed him because he wouldn't join their gang.

Oh...there are more stories. The ones I mentioned were the tip of the iceberg. It all adds up to this --- illegals destroyed our community and schools. Gradually, long-time residents moved out (us included). Many of these residents were people who raised their families here and had hoped to age in place. It's no exaggeration to say that when they left, they were in tears.

You know we can't deport Americans. Yet, unknowingly, you bring up a good point. We have our share of homegrown lowlifes and they cause us enough problems. We don't need to import any lowlifes.

BTW, you should do some googling to find out just how much it is costing to incarcerate illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration