U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 06:35 AM

62,391 posts, read 27,757,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That Director says they are going dark, there won't be any advance notice of the raids now
Smart move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 06:35 AM

13,876 posts, read 13,545,555 times
"It's a false statement because we never pick up 100% of our targets. And to say they're a type of dangerous criminal is also misleading," he said.

When he raised his concerns to ICE leadership, Schwab said he was instructed to "deflect to previous statements. Even though those previous statements did not clarify the wrong information."

ICE spokesman resigns over falsehoods he said were spread by Trump administration after raids

Old 03-13-2018, 06:53 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,235,910 times
If one criminal illegal got away because of her warning, then it was one too many, so what difference if it is 500, 600, 700 or 800, she still warned criminals of an impending arrest,that makes her a criminal herself, it would be great if karma hit her...

Old 03-13-2018, 07:43 AM

31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How are they working? Illegal aliens aren't legally allowed to work in the US. So, right off the bat, they're committing a crime besides crossing the border illegally.

It's mind blowing isn't it that some Americans don't care unless they are affected personally. I guess their fellow Americans don't count. What they don't get is that illegal immigration is impacting them in the wallet as they are also having to contribute to the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us.

It is a violation of our immigration laws to come here illegally and to work but I guess that doesn't matter to them either. As you said, how are they working if not my using a fake or stolen SS number or working for cash evading taxes? I guess that doesn't matter to them either. I wish we could deport citizens like that. Working hard doesn't excuse anyone for breaking the law.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:46 AM

3,885 posts, read 5,993,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Working hard doesn't excuse anyone for breaking the law.
So true!

Old 03-27-2018, 12:49 AM

29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
I don't want anyone persecuted either, I just want them sent home. There IS a difference and they can do it themselves without fuss but if they won't what do you expect should happen? Just "oh well, ignore the law, we'll just let everyone stay and provide all sorts of benefits including free college"?

Seriously, some people are like weak parents who let their kids get away with everything then wonder why the hell their family is so screwed up.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:54 PM

5,903 posts, read 6,352,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
I'm not friends with any illegals, nor do I employ any, so I don't have much of a dog in this fight. However, I do deal with illegals every day. I don't want my city, county, or country resources wasted persecuting these people who work twice as hard for half the pay, just becaue they committed the civil (not criminal) offense of crossing the border.

Let's focus on dealing with the vagrant trash that all the other states ship to us. I see a lot of young, able-bodied, white faces behind those signs begging for money or rolling stolen bikes down the street. I presume they're not illegals from Latvia. Let's deport those a-holes and keep the ones who are willing to work for their living, instead of robbing good citizens (and non-citizens) blind for their next fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
+1
....and scumbag POS Moonbeam just pardoned a group illegal criminal felons. Trashy lowlife Mayor of Oakland warning illegals, some with felony records. If you want to sway people to allow illegals to stay, these kind of antics won't help.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:51 AM

1,017 posts, read 553,174 times
So the illegals work harder than anyone else? What would happen if they became “legal” would they really work that hard or take on the laziness of citizens? So why should foreign-born bother to apply to come here legally then?

Until the immigration laws are changed, the laws already on the books need to be applied and followed IMHO. Trump isn’t the bogeyman here, just a convenient scapegoat for those breaking the laws.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:31 AM

31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Working hard does not excuse anyone for breaking the law. Illegal aliens work for less so that reduces wages for Americans and discriminates against them in hiring practices. How anyone is ok with that is beyond me. They also cost us billions a year so how are they a benefit?

Old 04-04-2018, 09:51 AM

24,156 posts, read 13,675,815 times
Also one question to ask is how did California function before the massive flood of illegals ?
The pro illegal alien / open borders crowd makes it seem like the whole economy will fall apart without illegals .. but if your economy is backed by illegal labor how strong is that economy really ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration