U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 08:13 AM

5,971 posts, read 2,812,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
we have a national id... its social security number/card

it just stucks as a form of id because of lack of biometrics/tracking

instead of reinventing a national tracking system, use the one the irs made ,ss#, and fix it for broader use

or do we need a drivers license,passport,soscial security card, and then a new id card? how many do you want to keep track of?
Make it all into one ID card for the federal stuff voting SS etc. State DL could be separate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 08:25 AM

62,766 posts, read 27,930,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
If we prosecute anyone who employs "illegals" the issue will still go away
What's the 100% effect method for identifying who is an illegal alien? Remember that even the IRS admits millions of them are using forged/stolen IDs. Their favorite is gaining fake citizenship status via stolen Puerto Rican birth certificates. That led to Puerto Rico having to invalidate all the birth certificates they issued prior to July 1, 2010. However, the millions who who fraudulently established U.S. citizenship prior to that won't be flagged by e-verify.

Old 04-11-2018, 12:03 PM

30,149 posts, read 15,729,009 times
No, it's not.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:06 PM

2,778 posts, read 1,232,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Ya know I used to be against this but after all the fraud and illegals and illegal voting I think this is needed.
In TX For obtaining DL, Bank account, leasing, credit card application, SSN I had to show my legal status. If the application or extension was in progress, they verify it with USCIS before issuing any government ID .

How do people get through this?? Can states give out DL without legal proof of residence??

If government really wants to crack down, they can start by checking national documents of passengers if they are not US citizens at the airports .

Old 04-19-2018, 04:57 PM

598 posts, read 146,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The US is going to a national ID card system. It was passed into law back in 2005 and all states have to be in compliance by 2020. It will be issued by state and tied with with drivers licenses and other state issued photo IDs. MA just switched over to this system over this last weekend.

I'm a bit surprised that there hasn't been any resistance from liberals and the usual anti-voter ID groups.

https://www.dmv.org/articles/the-rea...a-national-id/
You dont have to have a real ID drivers license in Ma. You can still get the plain old vanilla flavored drivers lic. You cant board a plane or enter a fed bldg with the vanilla kind. The liberals should be up in arms over the real id nonsense. The documents required are ridiculous and for many almost impossible to get. Its called voter suppression.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Now you are being obtuse and defensive.
DC isnt being obtuse or defensive. If you opened accts yrs ago there isnt any reason to show an ID. You dont need an ID to use a debit card, credit card. Dont need a photo ID to use an ATM. You dont need one for the ER. You dont need one to vote, go to your dr, get a dog license, pay your taxes. If you dont fly there isnt any reason to show an ID unless you drive and are stopped.
Most of life maybe 98% worth, doesnt require any form of ID.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:23 PM

21,128 posts, read 15,297,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
You dont have to have a real ID drivers license in Ma. You can still get the plain old vanilla flavored drivers lic. You cant board a plane or enter a fed bldg with the vanilla kind. The liberals should be up in arms over the real id nonsense. The documents required are ridiculous and for many almost impossible to get. Its called voter suppression.
Aren't most driver's licenses "grand-fathered" in when they are renewed?

I renewed my DL last year and only had to show my expiring license, no other ID.
The new one is RealID compliant.

I don't care one way or the other regarding a national ID. Have everyone get a passport and be done with it.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

I renewed my DL last year and only had to show my expiring license, no other ID.

I don't care one way or the other regarding a national ID. Have everyone get a passport and be done with it.
The real ID in Ma just started at the end of March. The DMV closed for a few days to update their software. During that time you couldnt renew online or renew your registration or even get your car inspected. After the DMV reopened you could either get a real ID or a reg DL. Your current DL is good until its renewal date but I dont know if it will now act as a real ID. If you go the the Ma DMV website, the answer might be there.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:15 AM

12,580 posts, read 19,003,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

I don't think they are grand fathered in or there would be no point in doing Real ID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or