U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2018, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Northwest Peninsula
2,618 posts, read 1,352,315 times
Reputation: 1375

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Since you show your Location as Central Mexico and Central Florida, it is of no surprise to me that you feel that way and that is part of our countries problem, people like yourself come in but do not respect our laws and those who make them. I am currently in the Philippines, if I spoke out against the people who run this country then I would be tossed out on my ear, but likely put in jail first, I suspect the same would happen to me if I was in Mexico and did it, that is the way I wish the U.S. would be...
Did you know in Canada you can be jailed/fined for speaking out against government policy or an individuals?

Recently in the UK, members of a Christian conservative group were deny entry into England because of their conservative views but England allow ISSI fighters to return to the country and gave them housing and other benefits..in Sweden they gave Jihadi handouts... Sweden to give returning ISIS fighters housing grants and free driving licences to encourage them to reintegrate into society

The town of Lund is offering incentives to the militants when they return home from fighting in Syria.



.how cool is that?

 
Old 03-17-2018, 01:03 PM
 
1,125 posts, read 448,924 times
Reputation: 817
Whichever law it was that allows illegals to attend our public schools for free should be challenged in the Supreme Court again...hopefully sooner than later
 
Old 03-17-2018, 01:14 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
54,145 posts, read 38,236,149 times
Reputation: 26638
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Video at link.
Talk about 'in your face' lack of respect for our country and our President.

The true lack of respect for our country is shown by those who hire the illegals and allow them to make $$$ to send home, the reason they come here in the first place.
 
Old 03-17-2018, 02:01 PM
 
31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Reputation: 8354
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The true lack of respect for our country is shown by those who hire the illegals and allow them to make $$$ to send home, the reason they come here in the first place.

The lack of respect is by the illegal aliens "also". No one forces them over the border to work here. They know they are violating our laws by coming here unlawfully and working a job that they aren't lawfully entitled to.
 
Old 03-17-2018, 03:06 PM
Status: "Ready for Fall" (set 21 days ago)
 
Location: Atlanta
4,645 posts, read 3,013,900 times
Reputation: 3862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Since you show your Location as Central Mexico and Central Florida, it is of no surprise to me that you feel that way and that is part of our countries problem, people like yourself come in but do not respect our laws and those who make them. I am currently in the Philippines, if I spoke out against the people who run this country then I would be tossed out on my ear, but likely put in jail first, I suspect the same would happen to me if I was in Mexico and did it, that is the way I wish the U.S. would be...

I'm a U.S. born and bred Navy Vet, and while I will always respect the Office of the President, I too have ZERO respect for the lying Sexual Predator in Chief. In fact, I hope he ends up in prison for the rest of his life.
 
Old 03-17-2018, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Florida & Cebu, Philippines
2,808 posts, read 2,237,032 times
Reputation: 2852
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I'm a U.S. born and bred Navy Vet, and while I will always respect the Office of the President, I too have ZERO respect for the lying Sexual Predator in Chief. In fact, I hope he ends up in prison for the rest of his life.
You watch too much fake news without checking the facts online. You may also be holding him to a higher standard than past presidents who were much worse, men will be men, given the same circumstances can you say that if you were surrounded by beautiful women tossing themselves at you, that you would not partake, I would bet you would, I know that most men would and if you are a woman, the opposite, surrounded by handsome sexy men yours for the taking, heck nowadays women teachers are having sex with children.
 
Old 03-17-2018, 03:49 PM
Status: "Ready for Fall" (set 21 days ago)
 
Location: Atlanta
4,645 posts, read 3,013,900 times
Reputation: 3862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
You watch too much fake news without checking the facts online. You may also be holding him to a higher standard than past presidents who were much worse, men will be men, given the same circumstances can you say that if you were surrounded by beautiful women tossing themselves at you, that you would not partake, I would bet you would, I know that most men would and if you are a woman, the opposite, surrounded by handsome sexy men yours for the taking, heck nowadays women teachers are having sex with children.
Guess again, I'm a gay guy in a 21 year relationship. And sorry, but I don't watch Fox news.
 
Old 03-17-2018, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Florida & Cebu, Philippines
2,808 posts, read 2,237,032 times
Reputation: 2852
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Guess again, I'm a gay guy in a 21 year relationship. And sorry, but I don't watch Fox news.
There is your problem, an open minded person watches all news and then finds the truth for themselves, because you do not watch Fox at least part of the time, you are missing out on a lot of truth that the left new continually slant. I am in the Philippines right now where there is no FOX on my cable so I search out online news stories I hear on CNN and BBC and I cannot believe how many of them are sooo slanted and some downright fake.

Now as far as you being gay, to address the other part of your past comment, can you honestly say that with all those handsome men around you while in the Navy that none of them ever tempted you to at least think about sex with them, now what if they tossed themselves at you, think about it, we are all human but of course being in a committed relationship one should not partake of what is being offered, I know that I am happily married, so while I look, I would never cheat, so since you wrote committed, I guess you wouldn't either too bad all men and women do not think like us.

Anyway none of this has to do with illegal aliens so I guess we need to get back on topic...
 
Old 03-18-2018, 11:57 PM
 
Location: Alberta, Canada
1,829 posts, read 1,572,606 times
Reputation: 2098
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Did you know in Canada you can be jailed/fined for speaking out against government policy or an individuals?
Really? I had no idea. And I'm a Canadian lawyer. Guess I should try to keep up with such things. When was Charter s. 2(b) ("freedom of thought, belief, and expression") repealed?

Could you cite to a Canadian federal or provincial statute that states "it is now illegal to speak out against government policy or individuals"?

Please, no blogs, opinion pieces, op-eds, anecdotes, newspaper or TV media cites, or similar. I will only accept Canadian federal or provincial statutes (i.e. laws and legislation) stating that "it is illegal to speak out against government policy." I also do not understand what you mean when you say "against individuals" (unless you're talking defamation lawsuit, which is a private civil matter, and thus, has nothing to do with the state, just like in the US). I'd also like to know the state-imposed sanction against those who break federal or provincial statute law in this area, and what, if any, appeals are available.

Oh, and please use proper legal citation. Makes things so much simpler for me to check online or at the local law library. Thanks!

Last edited by ChevySpoons; 03-19-2018 at 12:06 AM..
 
Old 03-19-2018, 03:45 AM
 
Location: the Sticks
6,730 posts, read 1,897,245 times
Reputation: 3419
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I'm a U.S. born and bred Navy Vet, and while I will always respect the Office of the President, I too have ZERO respect for the lying Sexual Predator in Chief. In fact, I hope he ends up in prison for the rest of his life.
I am also a vet. But what does that have to do with our immigration laws or immigration in general? I detest Trump as well. That doesn't mean that I think illegals should be welcomed here as our previous POTUS did.
Thank you for service. Fair winds and following seas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top