U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 12:14 PM

11,501 posts, read 5,515,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I don't think we disagree as much as you think. I'm open to whatever works, but I don't accept doing nothing.
Per the bolded --- I agree Doing nothing is akin to lying down and waving the white flag of surrender.

I'll post this link again for those who may have missed it:

www.betterimmigration.com

You can see where your rep and senators stand on this issue. If they score badly, don't vote for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 02:27 PM

31,500 posts, read 14,580,770 times
No one is suggesting that we deport millions of illegal aliens en masse. Remove the incentives for them to remain here and many will leave on their own and deport the ones that make themselves known and that is Trump's policy right now. Some in here act like if we can't deport all of the illegal aliens either voluntarily or involuntarily that we should just do nothing and that they should be granted amnesty as a solution instead. That's not a rational solution.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:32 PM

71,504 posts, read 30,049,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No one is suggesting that we deport millions of illegal aliens en masse. Remove the incentives for them to remain here and many will leave on their own and deport the ones that make themselves known and that is Trump's policy right now.
No it isn't. No incentives have been removed. The employers are still open for business.

Quote:
Some in here act like if we can't deport all of the illegal aliens either voluntarily or involuntarily that we should just do nothing and that they should be granted amnesty as a solution instead. That's not a rational solution.
No one is interested in to your fake excuses for Trump's inactions.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:39 PM

27,192 posts, read 11,367,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded --- I agree Doing nothing is akin to lying down and waving the white flag of surrender.

I'll post this link again for those who may have missed it:

www.betterimmigration.com

You can see where your rep and senators stand on this issue. If they score badly, don't vote for them.
Why vote for them, none of them have done a darned thing? Show me one piece of legislation that they proposed that would punish employers for hiring illegal immigrants. They just want to continue the policy that has been in place since the 70's, pick off a few immigrants every month or so and act like they are doing something meaningful.

They are all bought and paid for, they will never go after employers because they run campaigns with the money they get from them.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:31 PM

4,902 posts, read 2,959,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Btw... they popped out 6 anchor babies. It said on the ICE report that they were out looking for work. Who's is paying for the 6 anchor babies??? Hmmmmmmmm
Middle class families who work for a living. No wonder so many of them flee that state.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:42 AM

912 posts, read 130,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma
The couple had been living in the U.S. illegally since 2003.
Yes but if they didnt do anything wrong here I dont see a big deal....

Its sad they got killed........ Why run?? (Being sent back isnt as bad as dying)

Old 03-25-2018, 09:48 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo View Post
Yes but if they didnt do anything wrong here I dont see a big deal....

Its sad they got killed........ Why run?? (Being sent back isnt as bad as dying)

Being in our country illegally is a big deal. Working without authorization is a big deal. Costing the tax payer billions of dollars is a big deal. Yes, why get yourself killed and making your kids orphans over merely being returned to your homeland where you belong?

Old 03-29-2018, 03:15 PM

15,832 posts, read 5,400,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Being in our country illegally is a big deal. Working without authorization is a big deal. Costing the tax payer billions of dollars is a big deal. Yes, why get yourself killed and making your kids orphans over merely being returned to your homeland where you belong?
You ever consider these people's homelands are freaking awful? If they were so great, they wouldn't risk everything to leave

Old 03-29-2018, 03:31 PM

11,501 posts, read 5,515,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You ever consider these people's homelands are freaking awful? If they were so great, they wouldn't risk everything to leave
That doesn't give them any right to come here illegally.

For example, say you decided that living in the USA was "freaking awful". That wouldn't give you any right to live illegally in another country.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:46 PM

71,504 posts, read 30,049,876 times
As long as jobs are here and no one is doing anything about that, they will continue to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or