U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 07:36 PM

71,504 posts, read 30,016,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Can you not go after both?
When that happens you'll have an argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 07:50 PM

27,151 posts, read 11,338,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Lying sos. They didn't mistake him for someone else, they were just out looking for someone that looked Hispanic.

Again, going after individuals as opposed to those hiring them.

I hope these agents are haunted by their kids faces for the rest of their lives.
This ^

Old 03-15-2018, 08:13 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,234,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Btw... they popped out 6 anchor babies. It said on the ICE report that they were out looking for work. Who's is paying for the 6 anchor babies??? Hmmmmmmmm
We the taxpayers are of course, only if all illegals can be deported will American realize just how much they have been costing us, much more than any wall could ever cost us to build and much more than adding many ICE and Boarder Patrol officers could ever cost us to fund, BUILD THE WALL ASAP and deport every last freakin illegal alien...

Old 03-15-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
We the taxpayers are of course, only if all illegals can be deported will American realize just how much they have been costing us, much more than any wall could ever cost us to build and much more than adding many ICE and Boarder Patrol officers could ever cost us to fund, BUILD THE WALL ASAP and deport every last freakin illegal alien...
I've asked this over and over. How do you propose we deport what might be 30 million or more people?

Old 03-15-2018, 08:39 PM

7,578 posts, read 1,750,895 times
Quote:
I've asked this over and over. How do you propose we deport what might be 30 million or more people?
If you don't give them benefits and they can't get jobs, they will leave, maybe go to Canada. Let's see how Trudeau likes it

Old 03-15-2018, 08:55 PM

31,462 posts, read 14,559,147 times
The question has been answered over and over. We don't need to round up and deport millions of illegal aliens en masse. Remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and many if not most will self-deport. Jobs, birthright citizenship for their kids and benefits are the incentives. Continue with the raids and arrests and many will leave on their own before being caught also.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If you don't give them benefits and they can't get jobs, they will leave, maybe go to Canada. Let's see how Trudeau likes it
They can get jobs. No one is doing anything about that. How many times does that have to be noted until that is no longer used as a solution?

Old 03-15-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
They can get jobs. No one is doing anything about that. How many times does that have to be noted until that is no longer used as a solution?
They cannot get most jobs if E-Verify is mandatory, and then put a reward on them to make it worthwhile for others to turn them in, before long they will turn themselves in to be deported.

Also when caught being in the country illegally, something similar to the Rico act should be used to confiscate all their holdings, since they had to be earned illegally.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:50 PM

5,016 posts, read 1,525,865 times
Well that escalated quickly.

But riddle me this: if illegals are so law-abiding and productive that we should make them all citizens, what are they doing running from the police?

I'm starting to think Trump was right; they didn't send us their best people.

Because I have a hard time believing that the best people in Mexico would run from the police. I have been to Mexico. I have done business with firms in Mexico. My company had offices there, so I have colleagues and friends there. I have spent some good times there. And because of that, I am very confident that I have personally met some people who typify the best people in Mexico. And I cannot think of ANY of them that would consider running from the police. Because they're professionals, not criminals!

Old 03-15-2018, 09:51 PM

BTW Social Security and the IRS knows where a lot of those with false SS numbers are, they could start with deporting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or