U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 05:21 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,093,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
I hope these agents are haunted by their kids faces for the rest of their lives.
Don't get your hopes up..........[/quote]

It would seem the parents weren't terribly concerned, but the agents are expected to be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 04:10 AM

14,382 posts, read 7,478,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Lying sos. They didn't mistake him for someone else, they were just out looking for someone that looked Hispanic.

Again, going after individuals as opposed to those hiring them.

I hope these agents are haunted by their kids faces for the rest of their lives.
WTF are you talking about?

Our batsht crazy Governor just made it illegal for employers to NOT hire illegals! They'll go to jail if they work with ICE.

Employers of illegals need to go to jail, those who report them need to be commended, illegals need to get the hell back to their countries and stop stealing from tax payers!!!

2 down, 12M to go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
I hope you get a clue some day... unfortunately there is no cure for your condition.

Old 03-17-2018, 04:41 AM

8,971 posts, read 3,118,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
They would be alive if they did not run .... so itís their fault . Donít run from the police . It usually wonít end well.
This is all you really need to know.

Old 03-17-2018, 05:29 AM

71,504 posts, read 30,027,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Our batsht crazy Governor just made it illegal for employers to NOT hire illegals! They'll go to jail if they work with ICE.

Employers of illegals need to go to jail, those who report them need to be commended, illegals need to get the hell back to their countries and stop stealing from tax payers!!!

2 down, 12M to go!
I point this out over and over and over and over. When that happens, let me know. It doesn't happen because you will continue to refuse to actually place the blame on those who are actually responsible to see that it happens.

P.S. and it's probably 30 million or more.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:06 AM

31,481 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

2 down, 12M to go!

I hope you get a clue some day... unfortunately there is no cure for your condition.

The illegal aliens are just as guilty of breaking the law as the employers are. They both need to be held accountable. The pro-illegals only want to hold the employers accountable though.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:41 AM

11,487 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
You continue to ignore that no one is enforcing these laws.
And what is your solution? Is it to lie down, play dead and waive the white flag of surrender?

We all know who is responsible---and that is both sides of the aisle. They turn a blind eye to it all. Even worse, democrats put illegals ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans.

My rep and senators hear from me quite frequently when it comes to this issue. Do you get in touch with yours?

Old 03-17-2018, 01:21 PM

71,504 posts, read 30,027,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And what is your solution?
Demand that those responsible for enforcing them, enforce them.

Quote:
Is it to lie down, play dead and waive the white flag of surrender?

We all know who is responsible---and that is both sides of the aisle. They turn a blind eye to it all. Even worse, democrats put illegals ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans.
If both sides do it, both sides do it. The only difference is their rhetoric.

Quote:
My rep and senators hear from me quite frequently when it comes to this issue. Do you get in touch with yours?
First, do you still vote for them when they do nothing? Rather than get in touch with them, I do not vote for them.

Old 03-17-2018, 05:30 PM

27,179 posts, read 11,349,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And what is your solution? Is it to lie down, play dead and waive the white flag of surrender?

Pass e-verify and only have it apply prospectively, most Democrats would support that. Find a path to permanent residence for illegals who have been here more than 5 years and have no criminal convictions. They have been coming here since the 70's for jobs, invited and frequently transported by employers who have hidden their malfeasance by hiring 'independent labor contractors' If there were no jobs they would not be here. And for the record, I'm one of those hated liberals but have no problem at all with e-verify and ending birthright citizenship, but again only prospectively we are not going to strip people who were born here of their citizenship.

There are solutions but business interests do not want illegal immigration to stop. The Chamber of Commerce sued Arizona when they imposed e-verify. The Texas Association of Business argues that e-verify will destroy the economy of Texas. In Arizona only 57% of employers use e-verify even though it is mandated on all employers. The South Carolina e-verify law exempts housekeepers, landscapers, farm workers, nannies and fisherman working in small crews. Rick Scott campaigned on mandatory e-verify and abandoned it after the agriculture interests that rely on cheap and undocumented workers showered him with more than $440,000 via his political committee and millions more to the Republican Party of Florida. The Federalist, you know the place that tells Trump which judges to nominate, claims that E-Verify is expensive, difficult to use, and will not enforce immigration laws. It will lead to political support for a biometric national identity program.

https://outline.com/Y53wcE

E-Verify? Yes. Simply screaming about immigration? Just plain foolish - Orlando Sentinel

Don't Reauthorize E-Verify - The Federalist

So do some research before you blame Democrats for this mess, because they don't have nearly the money that pro immigration business interests have.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:28 PM

11,487 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:

First, do you still vote for them when they do nothing? Rather than get in touch with them, I do not vote for them.
Do I still vote for them? I never voted for either of my senate candidates as I knew that they were invasion cheerleaders. My rep has a better record on this issue but she is in her first term.

So..it's obvious that you don't care enough about the issue if you won't take the time to write to your senators or rep. It doesn't take long at all to write to your rep or senators. There are websites that will send you action alerts. You said that one should demand that their elected officials enforce our immigration laws. Why aren't you doing that?

Not voting for them doesn't do much good. It doesn't do any good if you don't at least make an effort to speak up.

You can start here:

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/my/tools/grades

Or...you can continue to waive the white flag of surrender. Your choice.

BTW, dems are far worse on this issue. At one time, dems truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those dems of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were losing their jobs due to illegal immigration. And those dems would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty either. Today's dems have done a 180 on this issue to the point of putting illegals ahead of Americans. Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time, I expected much, much better from the dems.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:37 PM

37,998 posts, read 18,943,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
They would be alive if they did not run .... so it’s their fault . Don’t run from the police . It usually won’t end well.
Reminds me of a kid who stole someone's jeep and the police chased him. The kid lost control of the car and ended up in a coma. The parents tried suing the city because they said the police shouldn't have chased him.

We're seeing the same mentality in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or