U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2018, 07:48 PM
 
71,504 posts, read 30,016,878 times
Reputation: 14078

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Do I still vote for them? I never voted for either of my senate candidates as I knew that they were invasion cheerleaders. My rep has a better record on this issue but she is in her first term.
If you didn't vote for them and don't plan on it, why do you think they care what you think?

Quote:
So..it's obvious that you don't care enough about the issue if you won't take the time to write to your senators or rep. It doesn't take long at all to write to your rep or senators. There are websites that will send you action alerts. You said that one should demand that their elected officials enforce our immigration laws. Why aren't you doing that?
We got a bit off line here. Senators don't enforce the law. The Justice Dept does. Do you suppose Trump will care if I send him an email?

Quote:
Not voting for them doesn't do much good. It doesn't do any good if you don't at least make an effort to speak up.

You can start here:

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/my/tools/grades

Or...you can continue to waive the white flag of surrender. Your choice.

BTW, dems are far worse on this issue. At one time, dems truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those dems of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were losing their jobs due to illegal immigration. And those dems would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty either. Today's dems have done a 180 on this issue to the point of putting illegals ahead of Americans. Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time, I expected much, much better from the dems.
I'm not a (D).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2018, 10:10 PM
 
11,482 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Reputation: 9857
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If you didn't vote for them and don't plan on it, why do you think they care what you think?



We got a bit off line here. Senators don't enforce the law. The Justice Dept does. Do you suppose Trump will care if I send him an email?



I'm not a (D).

If they hear from enough people to the point where they worry about being re-elected, they will care. Do you seriously think that if they thought their seat was in jeopardy that they would do nothing about it?

I didn't say that senators enforce the law.

Did you know that when W proposed amnesty for illegals, enough people called the WH and the Capitol to the point where phone lines and fax machines were jammed? Why do you think that when Obama was president and had the house and the senate, nothing was done about amnesty?

I only pointed out that today's dems are not the dems of yore. Where did I say that you were a dem?

Are you going to write to your rep and senators? Or are you going to waive the white flag of surrender when it comes to illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2018, 05:30 AM
 
71,504 posts, read 30,016,878 times
Reputation: 14078
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
If they hear from enough people to the point where they worry about being re-elected, they will care. Do you seriously think that if they thought their seat was in jeopardy that they would do nothing about it?
They will say they will do something about it, not do anything about it and know you will again pull the lever for them because you don't want the guy not saying he will do anything about it to win.

Quote:
I didn't say that senators enforce the law.

Did you know that when W proposed amnesty for illegals, enough people called the WH and the Capitol to the point where phone lines and fax machines were jammed? Why do you think that when Obama was president and had the house and the senate, nothing was done about amnesty?
Obama was a corporatists is why nothing was done. Obama proves my point. He ran and won on fixing the issue, did nothing and still was re-elected because he said the right things.

Quote:
I only pointed out that today's dems are not the dems of yore. Where did I say that you were a dem?

Are you going to write to your rep and senators? Or are you going to waive the white flag of surrender when it comes to illegals?
There is nothing my Rep and Senators can do. It's up to the Justice Dept and Trump and they are not going to do anything and you are going to vote to re-elect them anyway because they say the things you want to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2018, 12:39 PM
 
11,482 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Reputation: 9857
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They will say they will do something about it, not do anything about it and know you will again pull the lever for them because you don't want the guy not saying he will do anything about it to win.



Obama was a corporatists is why nothing was done. Obama proves my point. He ran and won on fixing the issue, did nothing and still was re-elected because he said the right things.



There is nothing my Rep and Senators can do. It's up to the Justice Dept and Trump and they are not going to do anything and you are going to vote to re-elect them anyway because they say the things you want to hear.
Okay---you seem to have a bone to pick. So, I'm not going to respond to you after this as you just keep going in circles.

It's clear that you want to wave the white flag of surrender. So be it. I, OTOH, will keep after my rep and senators. As I pointed out, I don't vote for anyone who is pro-illegal immigration. Those politicians who are against illegal immigration sadly get drowned out by those who won't take any action. Thus, they don't make much headway. Either that, or they get blocked from trying to make positive change. That doesn't mean that I will give up when it comes to this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2018, 01:07 PM
 
31,464 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8347
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Okay---you seem to have a bone to pick. So, I'm not going to respond to you after this as you just keep going in circles.

It's clear that you want to wave the white flag of surrender. So be it. I, OTOH, will keep after my rep and senators. As I pointed out, I don't vote for anyone who is pro-illegal immigration. Those politicians who are against illegal immigration sadly get drowned out by those who won't take any action. Thus, they don't make much headway. Either that, or they get blocked from trying to make positive change. That doesn't mean that I will give up when it comes to this issue.

I agree. More and more Americans are getting fed up with illegal immigration and more and more they are making their objections known. That's one of the main reasons why Trump was elected and yes he is making headway on this issue in spite of the nay sayers in here and outside this forum. I think those who keep waving the white flag of surrender actually have an ulterior motive to keep illegal aliens here and to keep them coming here. They fool no one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2018, 02:23 PM
 
11,482 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Reputation: 9857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree. More and more Americans are getting fed up with illegal immigration and more and more they are making their objections known. That's one of the main reasons why Trump was elected and yes he is making headway on this issue in spite of the nay sayers in here and outside this forum. I think those who keep waving the white flag of surrender actually have an ulterior motive to keep illegal aliens here and to keep them coming here. They fool no one.
I couldn't rep you again but I agree^^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2018, 03:15 PM
 
1,614 posts, read 595,609 times
Reputation: 1537
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The couple had been living in the U.S. illegally since 2003.

Live illegal, die illegal. Next
Such empathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2018, 11:17 AM
 
71,504 posts, read 30,016,878 times
Reputation: 14078
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Okay---you seem to have a bone to pick. So, I'm not going to respond to you after this as you just keep going in circles.

It's clear that you want to wave the white flag of surrender. So be it. I, OTOH, will keep after my rep and senators. As I pointed out, I don't vote for anyone who is pro-illegal immigration. Those politicians who are against illegal immigration sadly get drowned out by those who won't take any action. Thus, they don't make much headway. Either that, or they get blocked from trying to make positive change. That doesn't mean that I will give up when it comes to this issue.

You do support those who back illegal immigration. What you do is support politicians that pretend not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2018, 12:11 PM
 
11,482 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Reputation: 9857
To those who want to see where their rep and senators stand on this issue, take a look at this website:

www.betterimmigration.com

If your rep and senator score badly, don't give them your vote. I never give my vote to those who don't get good grades. If you want to let your rep and senator know where you stand on this issue, sign up for CAPS. It's free to join and they will send you "action alerts". You don't have to live in CA to join as they are involved in this issue not only in CA but on a national level:

https://www.capsweb.org/

Anyone who thinks that all politicians support illegal immigration is sadly misinformed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2018, 02:14 PM
 
71,504 posts, read 30,016,878 times
Reputation: 14078
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
To those who want to see where their rep and senators stand on this issue, take a look at this website:

www.betterimmigration.com

If your rep and senator score badly, don't give them your vote. I never give my vote to those who don't get good grades. If you want to let your rep and senator know where you stand on this issue, sign up for CAPS. It's free to join and they will send you "action alerts". You don't have to live in CA to join as they are involved in this issue not only in CA but on a national level:

https://www.capsweb.org/

Anyone who thinks that all politicians support illegal immigration is sadly misinformed.
Congress does NOT enforce immigration laws. There is a reason that point is being avoided.

It proves my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top