Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 10:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
They cannot get most jobs if E-Verify is mandatory, and then put a reward on them to make it worthwhile for others to turn them in, before long they will turn themselves in to be deported.

Also when caught being in the country illegally, something similar to the Rico act should be used to confiscate all their holdings, since they had to be earned illegally.
Fantasy positions do not count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
BTW Social Security and the IRS knows where a lot of those with false SS numbers are, they could start with deporting them.
But they won't.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:21 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Fantasy positions do not count.
That is your opinion, there is a new sheriff in town, they will do what they are ordered to do.
Quote:
But they won't.
You want to bet, there are already orders in the pipe line, wait and see, illegal alien days are numbered, they best run to sanctuary states where they can hide just a little longer before the hammer falls, or they may end up just like the couple in the op.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:40 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,693 times
Quote:
I've asked this over and over. How do you propose we deport what might be 30 million or more people?
If we had been shipping illegal aliens back to their countries of origin starting in 1987, we wouldn't have 30 million illegal aliens here now. Just look at the mess we are in, Too much talk, not enough action.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
That is your opinion, there is a new sheriff in town, they will do what they are ordered to do.
No one is being ordered to do anything. Your Sheriff is a Barney Fife.

Quote:
You want to bet, there are already orders in the pipe line, wait and see, illegal alien days are numbered, they best run to sanctuary states where they can hide just a little longer before the hammer falls, or they may end up just like the couple in the op.
I asked for solutions, not your fantasies. That's all I ever get in reply.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
If we had been shipping illegal aliens back to their countries of origin starting in 1987, we wouldn't have 30 million illegal aliens here now. Just look at the mess we are in, Too much talk, not enough action.
Complaining does not solve anything.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:37 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If you don't give them benefits and they can't get jobs, they will leave, maybe go to Canada. Let's see how Trudeau likes it
They will always get jobs the idea that employers will quit hiring them is just delusional. It's the fault of employers and a government that looked the other way in the late 70's and early 80's. Employers hired labor contractors who brought busloads of illegals right through checkpoints. In some cases the employers fired the entire workforce and replaced them with illegal aliens, that was common in the midwest meat packing plants. Employers finally found a way to kill unions and pay people less than half of what citizens were earning.

Even states that have passed mandatory e-verify laws look the other way when it comes to farm labor, if you don't believe me it's real easy to find with a google search.

They didn't come here for the beaches, they have their own...they came here for jobs and there have been thousands of employers anxious to hire them for at least 40 years.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:54 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
They will always get jobs the idea that employers will quit hiring them is just delusional. It's the fault of employers and a government that looked the other way in the late 70's and early 80's. Employers hired labor contractors who brought busloads of illegals right through checkpoints. In some cases the employers fired the entire workforce and replaced them with illegal aliens, that was common in the midwest meat packing plants. Employers finally found a way to kill unions and pay people less than half of what citizens were earning.

Even states that have passed mandatory e-verify laws look the other way when it comes to farm labor, if you don't believe me it's real easy to find with a google search.

They didn't come here for the beaches, they have their own...they came here for jobs and there have been thousands of employers anxious to hire them for at least 40 years.
Now, how in the heck would that work if we just had mandatory E-Verify to accompany the mandatory I-9 and subsequent W-4 info?

If you were unable to submit W-4 info without a confirmed I-9, which would be going through an E-Verify process, and if it were ILLEGAL to pay wages to any person without having that on file, which I believe is the case already, then this certainly WOULD stop. Employers are knowingly breaking the law if they don't comply, and they're not going to take a hit by spending money on wages they can't write off, and risk criminal prosecution.

It is easy to figure out who is not here legally, because the wages and I-9s will not match up with a valid SSID...but that's all basically only discoverable in arrears under the current system.

Because there is no process to prevent that - and that's where E-Verify comes in.

Because its electronic and real-time, employers can perform this simple pre-employment check at the same time they process an application for employment or add an employee to payroll.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Now, how in the heck would that work if we just had mandatory E-Verify to accompany the mandatory I-9 and subsequent W-4 info?

If you were unable to submit W-4 info without a confirmed I-9, which would be going through an E-Verify process, and if it were ILLEGAL to pay wages to any person without having that on file, which I believe is the case already, then this certainly WOULD stop. Employers are knowingly breaking the law if they don't comply, and they're not going to take a hit by spending money on wages they can't write off, and risk criminal prosecution.

It is easy to figure out who is not here legally, because the wages and I-9s will not match up with a valid SSID...but that's all basically only discoverable in arrears under the current system.

Because there is no process to prevent that - and that's where E-Verify comes in.

Because its electronic and real-time, employers can perform this simple pre-employment check at the same time they process an application for employment or add an employee to payroll.
It isn't going to happen.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:32 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
When that happens you'll have an argument.
HMMMMMM
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...a-12544863.php

then there is this:
https://www.citylab.com/equity/2018/...ar-you/550289/

While I agree that I would love to see the fed drop the biggest hammer they have on all employers of illegals, Ill take what we can get.
I want illegals looking over their shoulders. I want them worried about ICE.
Yeah chop shops are bad, but so are the car thieves. Get them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration