Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 05:09 PM

20,596 posts, read 8,366,040 times

Advertisements

I'm catching up on my White House youtube channel videos. If you haven't discovered them, it's a great resource. You will save a lot of time watching cable news. Why not watch meetings directly instead of having a presstitute interpret it for you because they think you are stupid? Think for yourself.

This one involves a roundtable of law enforcement officials. One Angel Mom was there telling her story and it was shocking.

I really like Trump opening up these meetings to media so they can't say they have to lie because they don't have the info. No, the media lies even when they do have the info!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H5v91lzFvM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 08:13 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,052,339 times
Sorry, but that number sounds unlikely, unless they're also counting suicides and accidents.

There have been about 285,000 people murdered in the United States since 9/11/2001. About 3 percent of the U.S. population consists of undocumented immigrants. That would translate to about 8600 people murdered by undocumented immigrants if the rates were the same. If there were 63,000 people murdered by undocumented immigrants, they would represent more than 22 percent of all murders.

That's not believable. How many undocumented immigrants do you think live in high murder rate cities such as Baltimore, Detroit, and St. Louis? Wouldn't the murder rate of states where there are lots of undocumented immigrants be much higher? California, Texas, and Arizona don't have sky-high murder rates in comparison to the rest of the United States.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:27 PM

19,699 posts, read 11,951,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Sorry, but that number sounds unlikely, unless they're also counting suicides and accidents.

There have been about 285,000 people murdered in the United States since 9/11/2001. About 3 percent of the U.S. population consists of undocumented immigrants. That would translate to about 8600 people murdered by undocumented immigrants if the rates were the same. If there were 63,000 people murdered by undocumented immigrants, they would represent more than 22 percent of all murders.

That's not believable. How many undocumented immigrants do you think live in high murder rate cities such as Baltimore, Detroit, and St. Louis? Wouldn't the murder rate of states where there are lots of undocumented immigrants be much higher? California, Texas, and Arizona don't have sky-high murder rates in comparison to the rest of the United States.
Where did OP say murdered? I suspect the number includes deaths due to drunk driving. Recently an illegal driving drunk killed an NFL player and his Uber driver. As I read an article about the accident there was a link to a very similar story that had happened just a couple of weeks before. Another illegal driving drunk killed multiple people.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:42 PM

62,363 posts, read 28,641,471 times
Quote:

I think it is believable. Here's a link to the crime stats of "illegal aliens".

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...tive-born-stu/

Old 03-21-2018, 08:49 PM

11,132 posts, read 10,898,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Where did OP say murdered? I suspect the number includes deaths due to drunk driving. Recently an illegal driving drunk killed an NFL player and his Uber driver. As I read an article about the accident there was a link to a very similar story that had happened just a couple of weeks before. Another illegal driving drunk killed multiple people.
I'm sure death resulting from DUI, reckless disregard and involuntary manslaughter are the norm. I mean, they're all helpless "immigrants", they don't really mean to hurt anyone. They just want a better life... Libs will defend these people to the death. Their continued relevance in politics depends on their votes. They will never give up the push for open borders and amnesty for all.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Yeah, that's why I specified that this number might be believable if we take non-homicidal deaths into account. But if it's believable, at some point it's not particularly relevant because you start getting into within reasonably expected values given undocumented immigrants' population in the U.S.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:48 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,234,522 times
Quote:

So lets say the numbers are wrong, they aren't, but to make you happy we will say they are wrong, how about 10,20, or 30,000 they killed, would that number then be acceptable to you? If they kill even one and it is your relative, then is that okay to you?

I am pretty sure they would not release those numbers if they could not back them up, a lot of crime goes on in our own communities that none of us are privy to, I know this for a fact because I worked some of those neighborhoods and saw it happen and it never made the news, the news has only so much time and so much space to report, so they only report the ones that fit their agenda. The time is long overdue to deport every last one of these illegals BEFORE they kill any other citizens or legal residents.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:27 AM

62,363 posts, read 28,641,471 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's why I specified that this number might be believable if we take non-homicidal deaths into account. But if it's believable, at some point it's not particularly relevant because you start getting into within reasonably expected values given undocumented immigrants' population in the U.S.

I'm not sure what you mean by your last sentence in regards to illegal aliens.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:43 AM

58,424 posts, read 26,752,393 times
Quote:

Hm, you call the posters stats into question, then post your own with NOTHING to back them up.

What is wrong with this picture?

Old 03-22-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by your last sentence in regards to illegal aliens.
That if the population is 4 percent undocumented immigrants, there are a 100 crimes committed each year, and 4 of those are committed by undocumented immigrants, that's the number you would expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration