U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 08:54 AM

23,602 posts, read 31,161,722 times

Advertisements

Enforce our laws. Deport any illegal upon sight. No appeals, no detention, no nothing...send them home immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 10:11 AM

2,621 posts, read 1,353,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
But trump claims to LOVE the DACAs. He has said so. "I have great heart for DACA" and "Give me a (DACA) bill with LOVE."

He wasn't lying, was he???
Trump didn't put an end to the DACA program, the program expired and the lack of democratic support in congress refusing to compromise on what republicans wanted, like common sense e-verify, end chain migration and funding the wall (did get 1.3 billion in the new budget bill). Trump was willing to give democrats 1.8 million dreamers a right to stay in the country...but no.

I guess the democrats have no one but themselves to blame for the Dreamers protesting out side the DNC headquarters in Washington DC.

So exactly who was lying?

Old 03-26-2018, 01:14 PM

1,225 posts, read 361,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Enforce our laws. Deport any illegal upon sight. No appeals, no detention, no nothing...send them home immediately.
Not an option, they have a right to due process currently.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:26 PM

5,007 posts, read 1,724,824 times
Imo, the only way there would have been "no wall" is if the Dems had facilitated 4-8 years of stalling in fiscal limbo in regard to it.

As it stands now, Trump just had his integrity publicly threatened as far as election promises are concerned. Having this Omnibus bill passed, with the press widely declaring a defeat of the wall, was the best way to assure that the wall will get built via Trump's need to restore his reputation with his base. Who, by an large, are his only consistent allies.

So, no, I wouldn't reverse any self deportations just yet. The wall is now a primary goal of Trump and his base, even more than it was before. It isn't going to go away. It's eventually going to be built. If not by he time that Trump leaves office, than by a successor candidate.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:48 PM

11,287 posts, read 16,814,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just because the entire wall was not funded this time around doesn't mean it won't get funded at a later date. At least Trump got some border security funds this time around but the Dems didn't get their DACA and that's the good part and a win for loyal, law abiding Americans.
I don't think so.

The fact of the matter is neither the GOP nor Trump are really averse to Illegal Immigration. We know where the Democrats stand.

If the powers that be were interested in solving this, they would do so. We all know what that would entail. But they have made it very clear that they will do nothing.

It's over. Game, set, match- Illegals. You gotta hand it to them. They depicted an illegal act as a God-given civil right and it worked.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:56 PM

12,555 posts, read 18,936,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Imo, the only way there would have been "no wall" is if the Dems had facilitated 4-8 years of stalling in fiscal limbo in regard to it.

As it stands now, Trump just had his integrity publicly threatened as far as election promises are concerned. Having this Omnibus bill passed, with the press widely declaring a defeat of the wall, was the best way to assure that the wall will get built via Trump's need to restore his reputation with his base. Who, by an large, are his only consistent allies.

So, no, I wouldn't reverse any self deportations just yet. The wall is now a primary goal of Trump and his base, even more than it was before. It isn't going to go away. It's eventually going to be built. If not by he time that Trump leaves office, than by a successor candidate.

It all depends on the mid-term elections. Someone said that there won't be any other major bills passong before those elections.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:48 PM

6,934 posts, read 3,017,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Trump didn't put an end to the DACA program, the program expired and the lack of democratic support in congress refusing to compromise on what republicans wanted, like common sense e-verify, end chain migration and funding the wall (did get 1.3 billion in the new budget bill). Trump was willing to give democrats 1.8 million dreamers a right to stay in the country...but no.

I guess the democrats have no one but themselves to blame for the Dreamers protesting out side the DNC headquarters in Washington DC.

So exactly who was lying?
He most certainly did end DACA. He could have let it go on. He ended it, now he's had 2 courts rule what he did was improper. His DOJ tried to get SCOTUS to take appeal quickly. SCOTUS refused. Hence DACA remains in lower appeals court and they have issued a stay against trump.

trumps ingenuous offer to Dems was to protect DACA at the cost of building his concrete wall. Only idiots would go for that deal.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:51 PM

31,514 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I don't think so.

The fact of the matter is neither the GOP nor Trump are really averse to Illegal Immigration. We know where the Democrats stand.

If the powers that be were interested in solving this, they would do so. We all know what that would entail. But they have made it very clear that they will do nothing.

It's over. Game, set, match- Illegals. You gotta hand it to them. They depicted an illegal act as a God-given civil right and it worked.
I disagree. Trump is an opponent of illegal immigration otherwise he wouldn't even have talked about building a wall.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:33 PM

503 posts, read 104,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I disagree. Trump is an opponent of illegal immigration otherwise he wouldn't even have talked about building a wall.
Indeed. Moth may have been right about the GOP, many of them don't care much about illegals staying in this country, but I do believe Trump does at least.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:27 PM

7,601 posts, read 1,760,032 times
I heard one reason Trump wanted a massive military budget was to include the wall. It is a national security issue after all. We shall see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or