U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 08:46 PM

31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Legal or illegal status is not determined by looks. It is determined by a green card, resident alien card, citizenship papers, etc. If they can't produce them within a reasonable amount of time then I'd like to know why. I consider that due process. Why waste the courts time? It is costly and ties up our courts. We have been way to lenient with illegal aliens and I'm sure the writer's of the Constitution never envisioned millions of illegal aliens living among us and causing these kinds of problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 08:59 PM

27,179 posts, read 11,349,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Legal or illegal status is not determined by looks. It is determined by a green card, resident alien card, citizenship papers, etc. If they can't produce them within a reasonable amount of time then I'd like to know why. I consider that due process. Why waste the courts time? It is costly and ties up our courts. We have been way to lenient with illegal aliens and I'm sure the writer's of the Constitution never envisioned millions of illegal aliens living among us and causing these kinds of problems.
There have been citizens detained because they couldn't prove their citizenship

San Bernardino woman, detained by ICE despite being U.S. citizen, sues

How a U.S. citizen was mistakenly targeted for deportation. He’s not alone

Oregon Man’s Arrest by ICE Agents Captured on Video and Blasted as ‘Appalling’

Hundreds of U.S. citizens continue to be detained, new immigration data shows

ICE detained a U.S. citizen for almost 3 weeks

And there are hundreds more, just google it if you still aren't convinced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 03:56 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
As this thread continues, remember that the topic is not "what I personally think the constitution means". Start one if you feel like it, but here ? This is rather off topic, especially since it's a recurring topic. How many times must we all read the same old arguments from the same folks ? This horse is long dead, please let it go.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or