Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 06:34 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Fair enough, I thought my reply answered the question, but here it goes again. Due process is part of the Constitution. All persons within the borders or territories of the US are protected by the Constitution regardless of citizenship status.

My personal opinion doesn't matter because the issue has already been decided. The Constitution can be amended and if people are that unhappy with birthright citizenship they should contact their Fed reps and senators and organize a Constitutional convention. We only need 38 of the 50 states to vote yes on an amendment, that should be easy.

Wasting time on something that has already been decided doesn't make any sense.

I did not read the original article, but I do think the senator from OK doesn't understand "catch and release" vs due process. The "catch and release" illegals are not getting due process of any kind.

Illegal aliens do not have the same rights as citizens and the Constitution does not grant them that. Ever heard of the term "We the people"? Who do you they were talking about? So when the word persons or people are referred to in the Constitution it's referring to U.S. citizens only. The only thing that has been decided is to ignore the writer's of the Constitution wording and the true meaning of those words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 06:03 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
But why wasn't this in place decades ago?
You could ask that about a lot of things Trump is doing as President.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:26 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
You could ask that about a lot of things Trump is doing as President.

Trump wasn't president "decades ago".

Old 03-29-2018, 12:17 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal aliens do not have the same rights as citizens and the Constitution does not grant them that. Ever heard of the term "We the people"? Who do you they were talking about? So when the word persons or people are referred to in the Constitution it's referring to U.S. citizens only. The only thing that has been decided is to ignore the writer's of the Constitution wording and the true meaning of those words.
That's completely wrong. The only thing the Constitution reserves for citizens is to hold elective office and vote. If non citizens within the US and its territories weren't protected by the Constitution we could just go straight to execution for any and all crimes by non citizens. (without a jury trial too)

So the next time an illegal gets accused of murder and goes straight to jail and/or execution without a trial come back here and let us know.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
That's completely wrong. The only thing the Constitution reserves for citizens is to hold elective office and vote. If non citizens within the US and its territories weren't protected by the Constitution we could just go straight to execution for any and all crimes by non citizens. (without a jury trial too)

So the next time an illegal gets accused of murder and goes straight to jail and/or execution without a trial come back here and let us know.
Just a small note. The Constitution also notes that a citizen can't be deported. In part it's another reason why illegals get their day in court.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:38 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wrong. Residents have some of the same constitutional rights as well such as the right to bear arms. Many of the constitutional right are indeed held by those here illegally

Old 03-29-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just a small note. The Constitution also notes that a citizen can't be deported. In part it's another reason why illegals get their day in court.
That doesn't sound correct. Without looking it up I think the Constitution states a citizen can not be deported except in cases of treason. Illegals are not citizens, so this wouldn't apply to them.

If non citizens don't have protection under the Constitution then the next time a non citizen gets a speeding ticket we can go straight to execution. When that happens let me know.

Instead of arguing here you guys should be contacting your Fed reps and senators to amend the Constitution. I don't have an issue with that. I'm just stating the facts.

You guys can come up with a cool marking acronym like K.I.C.K.o (kick illegal citizen kommies out) and I'm sure you'll go places.

Also, when people here and our President show the same zeal for tracking down and deporting all the Canadian, South Korean, and Filipino visa over stayers let me know. Those groups should be easier to track down because they already have visas and are known to the Govt.

Most of the illegals are invisible.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:24 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,883 times
Quote:
That doesn't sound correct. Without looking it up I think the Constitution states a citizen can not be deported except in cases of treason. Illegals are not citizens, so this wouldn't apply to them.

If non citizens don't have protection under the Constitution then the next time a non citizen gets a speeding ticket we can go straight to execution. When that happens let me know.

Instead of arguing here you guys should be contacting your Fed reps and senators to amend the Constitution. I don't have an issue with that. I'm just stating the facts.

You guys can come up with a cool marking acronym like K.I.C.K.o (kick illegal citizen kommies out) and I'm sure you'll go places.

Also, when people here and our President show the same zeal for tracking down and deporting all the Canadian, South Korean, and Filipino visa over stayers let me know. Those groups should be easier to track down because they already have visas and are known to the Govt.

Canadians don’t require a visa to come in

Old 03-29-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Canadians don’t require a visa to come in

Perhaps, but if they work in the US they would need some type of work permit. I worked with Canadians before and they told me their work permits expired (I assumed they meant visas) and I asked them what happens now ? They didn't have a clue, but I suppose its the companies responsibility to maintain those work permits / visas.

I;m not talking about visitors. People who enter the US on work visas or student visa but fail to return to their home countries. These people should be easy to track down since they are already known to the Govt. They most likely have been finger printed too, either at the point of entry or as part of the visa application.

My wife is a permanent resident and she has to have her prints scanned every time she enters the US. Could be different procedure at US / Canadian land borders I don't know. Never crossed a land border.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Citizens can not be deported under any circumstances. No, that does NOT apply to non citizens BUT they have to get their day in court to ensure the person in question is not a citizen.

A non citizen here legally can be deported also.

Quote:

I didn't disagree that those here illegally don't get most protections. I simply noted one exemption. I don't know the reason for the rest of your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration