Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 03:03 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Canadians don’t require a visa to come in
I believe they do now. American's now have to have a Visa to go to officially go to Canada. That changed a few years ago. Completely needlessly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 04:08 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Wrong. Residents have some of the same constitutional rights as well such as the right to bear arms. Many of the constitutional right are indeed held by those here illegally

Please re-read my post. I said "We the people of the United States....." is not referring to illegal aliens or non-citizens. I also said that illegal aliens do not have the "same" rights as citizens do and that's the truth. Illegal aliens aren't legal residents either.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:47 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,829,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Please re-read my post. I said "We the people of the United States....." is not referring to illegal aliens or non-citizens. I also said that illegal aliens do not have the "same" rights as citizens do and that's the truth. Illegal aliens aren't legal residents either.
I'm not sure how many different ways I can explain it to you. I thought giving an extreme example would spell it out for you. If you think that illegals are not protected by the Constitution then I don't know what else to tell you. Perhaps you can go visit a court in your hometown and see some cases in action? Maybe visit a law school and ask someone there ? Obviously, we're not getting thru to you on this forum.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:34 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I'm not sure how many different ways I can explain it to you. I thought giving an extreme example would spell it out for you. If you think that illegals are not protected by the Constitution then I don't know what else to tell you. Perhaps you can go visit a court in your hometown and see some cases in action? Maybe visit a law school and ask someone there ? Obviously, we're not getting thru to you on this forum.

I don't know what else to tell you either. All I said is that illegal aliens do not have the same exact rights as U.S. citizens and they don't.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:37 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:
That's completely wrong. The only thing the Constitution reserves for citizens is to hold elective office and vote. If non citizens within the US and its territories weren't protected by the Constitution we could just go straight to execution for any and all crimes by non citizens. (without a jury trial too)

So the next time an illegal gets accused of murder and goes straight to jail and/or execution without a trial come back here and let us know.
Illegals cannot sit on juries, serve in the armed forces, or hold federal government jobs that require security clearance.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:41 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
What a concept... the majority of nations in the world do just that....with the exception of some European cone-heads. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q8CpaejCk8

Old 03-29-2018, 07:04 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
That doesn't sound correct. Without looking it up I think the Constitution states a citizen can not be deported except in cases of treason. Illegals are not citizens, so this wouldn't apply to them.

If non citizens don't have protection under the Constitution then the next time a non citizen gets a speeding ticket we can go straight to execution. When that happens let me know.

Instead of arguing here you guys should be contacting your Fed reps and senators to amend the Constitution. I don't have an issue with that. I'm just stating the facts.

You guys can come up with a cool marking acronym like K.I.C.K.o (kick illegal citizen kommies out) and I'm sure you'll go places.

Also, when people here and our President show the same zeal for tracking down and deporting all the Canadian, South Korean, and Filipino visa over stayers let me know. Those groups should be easier to track down because they already have visas and are known to the Govt.

Most of the illegals are invisible.
Of course they have constitutional protections, one of them is to due process. Who is going to determine just by sight whether or not they are here illegally? We don't have a database of illegal immigrants, so what happens the first time we deport someone who is a citizen or a legal resident. Or what if we decide to deport someone and the country we try to deport them to refuses to accept them?

Inhofe knows that the bill won't go anywhere he's just throwing a bone to his base to keep them from rattling their sabers.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:05 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Illegals cannot sit on juries, serve in the armed forces, or hold federal government jobs that require security clearance.
But they are entitled to due process which is why they have hearings before they are deported, not after

Old 03-29-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
That sounds like its true to me and I don't have an issue with that, however those examples are not outlined in the Constitution. I am only referring to the Constitution since that is the bone of contention here. Like many other threads people have a difficult time staying on topic. So this is getting really distorted.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Of course they have constitutional protections, one of them is to due process. Who is going to determine just by sight whether or not they are here illegally? We don't have a database of illegal immigrants, so what happens the first time we deport someone who is a citizen or a legal resident. Or what if we decide to deport someone and the country we try to deport them to refuses to accept them?

Inhofe knows that the bill won't go anywhere he's just throwing a bone to his base to keep them from rattling their sabers.

I already know all that stuff, but people here can't get beyond the sound bites and poor media reporting. I wonder why I waste my time, but its like a car accident and I can't turn away. I'm waiting to see what other bizarre stuff is going to be written.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration