U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 05:10 PM

15,037 posts, read 8,568,934 times

Advertisements

Sounds good to me!

But why wasn't this in place decades ago?

Senator will introduce bill that would send illegal border crossers immediately back to home country | Fox News

Quote:
Oklahoma’s senior senator says he has a novel way to end the controversial practice of “catch and release” on the border.

Instead of releasing illegal immigrants once they are caught trying to enter the country – and hope they show up to immigration court – Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., proposes sending them back to their home country. That way, he said, the illegal immigrants don’t become “absorbed” in the U.S. after they fail to show up to court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 05:11 PM

1,410 posts, read 1,561,607 times
That's common sense legislation I can get behind.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:28 PM

11,538 posts, read 5,527,796 times
Sounds good to me! I hope it gets traction.

Of course, the pro-illegals are whining about this.

From the article:

Aida Montanaro-Flores, an immigration attorney in Brownsville, said it would be a financial burden to send the immigrants back to their country and then require them to make a trip back for a court hearing.

Then there was this:

“Have we really stooped this low? This suggestion is absurd, illogical and cruel – not to mention a waste of resources,” said Kica Matos, director of the Washington, D.C.-based Immigrant and Racial Justice at the Center for Community Change. “Republicans need to focus on making communities safer instead of continuing to tear families apart.”

------------------------------

"A financial burden" to make it back for a court hearing. Too bad, too sad. If they want asylum, then go to a US Embassy/Consulate and make your case.

"Absurd, illogal and cruel"? Gimme a break! "Tear families apart"? Oh, here we go yet again! The only ones "tearing families apart" are the illegals.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:30 PM

71,504 posts, read 30,085,054 times
Because they won't just come back? Is that not what happens now? Of course it is. Another worthless "solution" ignoring the only one that will work.

Removing the reason they come here to start with.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:59 PM

31,654 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Sounds good to me! I hope it gets traction.

Of course, the pro-illegals are whining about this.

From the article:

Aida Montanaro-Flores, an immigration attorney in Brownsville, said it would be a financial burden to send the immigrants back to their country and then require them to make a trip back for a court hearing.

Then there was this:

“Have we really stooped this low? This suggestion is absurd, illogical and cruel – not to mention a waste of resources,” said Kica Matos, director of the Washington, D.C.-based Immigrant and Racial Justice at the Center for Community Change. “Republicans need to focus on making communities safer instead of continuing to tear families apart.”

------------------------------

"A financial burden" to make it back for a court hearing. Too bad, too sad. If they want asylum, then go to a US Embassy/Consulate and make your case.

"Absurd, illogal and cruel"? Gimme a break! "Tear families apart"? Oh, here we go yet again! The only ones "tearing families apart" are the illegals.

Illegal aliens aren't immigrants nor are asylum seekers. An immigrant is one who has already been given permission to come here and went through the legal process.

As for illegal aliens and asylum seekers how is sending them back to their homelands before they cross our border separating families? If their family is with them at the border then they'd all go back together. If they are already separated from their family that is here already and they themselves are just now trying to cross their family separated from them not us. They shouldn't have to come back for a court date. If you don't arrive at our border with papers in hand or a record of being accepted already they shouldn't be entitled to anything much less a court date.

I guess this activist doesn't care about how cruel it is to the American people to have illegal aliens here sucking up our jobs, resources and taxes.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:08 PM

6,730 posts, read 1,902,730 times
I hope included in the bill is to seize any assets the illegal has to help offset the costs associated with the deportation.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:37 PM

192 posts, read 107,719 times
How is it that we have to introduce a bill for this? This is the way it was supposed to work since day one. I can't understand why the Illegals would even have a right for due process. Due process should be only for legal immigrants and American citizens. You are here illegally, you are deported with no questions asked if you are caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I hope included in the bill is to seize any assets the illegal has to help offset the costs associated with the deportation.
I concur with this. If we set an example and the word gets out, maybe, just maybe, they will get the message and not come here illegally.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:11 AM

71,504 posts, read 30,085,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
How is it that we have to introduce a bill for this? This is the way it was supposed to work since day one. I can't understand why the Illegals would even have a right for due process. Due process should be only for legal immigrants and American citizens. You are here illegally, you are deported with no questions asked if you are caught.
How do you determine an illegal from someone mentally incompetent? Neither will possibly be able to prove who they are. If you can't prove who you are, deport?

Quote:
I concur with this. If we set an example and the word gets out, maybe, just maybe, they will get the message and not come here illegally.
I asked this question earlier, it's not addressed but you run with it again. Is this not what we do now? Deport people for them to just come back again?

Old 03-28-2018, 09:27 AM

7,649 posts, read 1,764,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
If someone trespasses onto your property or wanders into your house you could call the cops or yell, "Get the hell out!" The first one costs a lot of time and money. The second one doesn't. If the creep comes back again, then call the cops.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:48 AM

7,649 posts, read 1,764,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Is this not what we do now? Deport people for them to just come back again?
Deport them after microchipping them. Then have software in the Wall that beeps when they come within twenty feet of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or