U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 09:43 AM

27,138 posts, read 11,338,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Illegals do get tax refunds and the government does not care, in fact the government likes it. A 2011 audit found that illegals were paid $4.2 billion in refundable credits.
Someone steals your ID info and uses it to work and file taxes. If the thief files taxes before their victim and get the tax return before their victim then the IRS does not care. Once the IRS sends out the refund check they wash their hands of the matter.

This is exactly what happened to us ........ and the IRS came after us for the "refundable credit" they gave away to whoever was using our Social Security numbers to file for their fraudulent "refundable credit". We keep excellent records, I never file online - I send a check and then copy that cancelled check and add it to my Tax File. It took almost 2 years to clear it up and in the meantime, the IRS threatened via one of their form letters to place a Tax Lien on our home. They don't always "wash their hands of it" - sometimes they go after the legitimate Tax Payer to pay for their ineptitude. I finally got what the IRS says they will never give out - a statement from them that our case was settled, they admitted their mistake and our file will now have Victim Status. Fight for your rights and your money.
Do some research. Illegals can get EITC if they file with an ITIN number, not if they file with a SSN that doesn't match their name. But guess what? We have a Republican trifecta; potus house and senate and they could easily have changed the law that allows them to get EITC and all I've heard is *crickets*

Old 03-29-2018, 09:48 AM

6,135 posts, read 1,497,034 times
I dont understand how they can use these fake numbers? When I filled out my paperwork for my job, if I had put in a fake SS number, it would have been kicked back as an error, the name would not match the number.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont understand how they can use these fake numbers? When I filled out my paperwork for my job, if I had put in a fake SS number, it would have been kicked back as an error, the name would not match the number.
They can use them to get a job, but the taxes they pay using a fake SSN goes into a suspense fund with IRS, it's not refunded and they can't file for EITC with a fake number, or a number belonging to someone else. That's why some use ITIN numbers they can get tax refunds and EITC but their contributions to SS and medicare never benefit them.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:53 AM

3,572 posts, read 1,093,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No such thing as an undocumented they are illegal aliens. I couldn't care less if they don't get anything back in taxes as they cost us over $100 billion a year so that's not even a wash. But the fact is that many do get more back than they pay into the system.

https://www.factcheck.org/2012/05/ta...al-immigrants/
Argue semantics then cite false statistics. The ol' 1-2 punch.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:54 PM

7,894 posts, read 3,724,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I've read it, it's BS. They add in the "approximate costs of the services that everyone receives, schools, police, street cleaning etc. and they add in benefits that their citizen children legally receive. All kids are entitled to go to public school regardless of citizenship, and that's not a "California thing" it's nationwide and the result of a supreme court decision. Illegal immigrants do not receive welfare benefits, it's against federal law and it doesn't happen
Somehow I remember Obama pronouncing illegal aliens would not be eligible to get healthcare coverage, to help further deceive the Americans.
Yet it was not too long after it was passed that the stories started coming out how they could be eligible.

By the way, if the kid was brought here illegally, why on earth should they be able to suck up our limited resources and also keep other kids from getting ahead.
I thought the teachers are overworked and underpaid, so how is the teachers union letting this extra burden put upon the members without raising a stink?

`

Old 03-29-2018, 07:59 PM

7,894 posts, read 3,724,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
They can use them to get a job, but the taxes they pay using a fake SSN goes into a suspense fund with IRS, it's not refunded and they can't file for EITC with a fake number, or a number belonging to someone else. That's why some use ITIN numbers they can get tax refunds and EITC but their contributions to SS and medicare never benefit them.

There are plenty of stories about how people are applying and receiving other peoples IRS refund checks. So while most are not sophisticated enough to pull of the scams alone, they have help.
Funny how most assume these are nerdy hackers, thus white males, but the reality shows us that illegal aliens add all sorts of burdens to us, not to mention endangering our safety.

Additionally many people not in the border states probably don't like to hear the stories, but since it is not in their backyard, they quickly dismiss it. Now the tons of drugs and illegal gang members are killing their kids in the Midwest and even NE, they are starting to wake up.

`

Old 03-29-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Somehow I remember Obama pronouncing illegal aliens would not be eligible to get healthcare coverage, to help further deceive the Americans.
Yet it was not too long after it was passed that the stories started coming out how they could be eligible.

By the way, if the kid was brought here illegally, why on earth should they be able to suck up our limited resources and also keep other kids from getting ahead.
I thought the teachers are overworked and underpaid, so how is the teachers union letting this extra burden put upon the members without raising a stink?
What healthcare benefits are they eligible for? They have always been able to get ER care since EMTALA was passed in 1986. During the Obama administration they became eligible to buy healthcare through the ACA with NO subsidies, they have never been and are still not eligible for medicaid. If you have information on some other form of healthcare that they are eligible to receive, please let us know what it is.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:05 PM

5,016 posts, read 1,525,865 times
That's a felony. They ought to be locked up, sentenced to hard labor so as to provide restitution for their crimes, then deported when their sentence is over, and forever barred to even so much as set foot on our soil again.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

There are plenty of stories about how people are applying and receiving other peoples IRS refund checks. So while most are not sophisticated enough to pull of the scams alone, they have help.
Funny how most assume these are nerdy hackers, thus white males, but the reality shows us that illegal aliens add all sorts of burdens to us, not to mention endangering our safety.

Additionally many people not in the border states probably don't like to hear the stories, but since it is not in their backyard, they quickly dismiss it. Now the tons of drugs and illegal gang members are killing their kids in the Midwest and even NE, they are starting to wake up.
`
And how does that happen? Illegals who use a fake SSN to get a job file tax returns using an ITIN, otherwise they wouldn't get a tax refund if they are owed one.

IRS uses SS records to match the SSN of the filer with the name in the SS files, no match - no return.
https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedu...atching-issues

Old 03-29-2018, 09:02 PM

29,917 posts, read 34,517,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Mine wasn't "created" for them - it was stolen and then sold. They managed to get my Social Security number and that of my spouse. We know ours was stolen from the Federal Office of Personnel Management when those who had Security clearances (and their families) were all stolen. What do you think the Odds are that some "employer" made up 2 numbers of 2 people that file a joint return???

We spent 2 years dealing with this - 3 personal meetings with the local IRS office. Many letters and finally an Appeal Office. We have been designated by the IRS as a Victim of Identity theft of Social Security numbers for our IRS Tax returns and issued a special PIN number to file with our return.

We know that our stolen numbers are being used by someone in California, but they won't tell us who is using them and our impression is they really don't care that they are being used by someone.

We pay in a lot of money to the IRS, we send a large check every year on top of what is withheld.
The persons using our numbers filed for a Tax Credit and the Federal Government sent them over $3,000 dollars ...... they wanted that money back from us and we fought it. After all, we had canceled checks and returns proving we had already paid them over $17,000 that year.

So ..... the idiots who are using our numbers are probably still doing so -- BUT, they won't be able to collect anything anymore. I guess I have to be satisfied with that.
I had a good friend and client who could not get a home loan last year because the IRS would not verify their 2016 Returns because of a situation like you describe above. Not sure of all the details but it prevented him from buying an investment home for his daughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or