Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 06:23 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
This is one way where the undocumented are feeding the system....many estimates say the "cost" of undocumenteds is really a wash. They pay into tax programs and SSA and never claim refunds or benefits. The far right will never admit this.
See post #2, just before yours. I am far right.

The far left will never admit that Washington DC is stealing from these folks.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:41 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
See post #2, just before yours. I am far right.

The far left will never admit that Washington DC is stealing from these folks.
If one could understand what you are getting at, a debate could occur.

I am for comprehensive immigration reform with a guest worker policy that makes sure everyone (the worker, the employer and the government and taxpayers) get a fair shake.

What is the "far right" policy? So far it seems to be chest beating and claiming you are "far right"....not actually governing (Congress has to do it, not EO or chest beating)....

If you are politically astute you know a few things like:

1. GW and a number of Left and Right pols in Congress made an attempt at getting this done. The GOP leaders in the house and senate wouldn't even discuss it.

2. Odds are that as many or more "far right" businesses and business owners make $$$ off cheap and controllable labor. This has traditionally been why the Congress is loathe to address the issue.

But the thing we know that is most important is that...

3. Words, left-right-center or any form of BS or chest beating or critique will never change anything.

So, what if your solution. Have you lobbied your Congress Critters to do immigration reform?

"Washington DC is stealing from these folks" - who? If undoc workers are paying in, that money is probably just covering their fair share of the costs of them being here (they still receive police and military protection, decent water and air, etc.)....

It's always nice to explain yourself unless you are a drive-by type.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If one could understand what you are getting at, a debate could occur.

I am for comprehensive immigration reform with a guest worker policy that makes sure everyone (the worker, the employer and the government and taxpayers) get a fair shake.

What is the "far right" policy? So far it seems to be chest beating and claiming you are "far right"....not actually governing (Congress has to do it, not EO or chest beating)....

If you are politically astute you know a few things like:

1. GW and a number of Left and Right pols in Congress made an attempt at getting this done. The GOP leaders in the house and senate wouldn't even discuss it.

2. Odds are that as many or more "far right" businesses and business owners make $$$ off cheap and controllable labor. This has traditionally been why the Congress is loathe to address the issue.

But the thing we know that is most important is that...

3. Words, left-right-center or any form of BS or chest beating or critique will never change anything.

So, what if your solution. Have you lobbied your Congress Critters to do immigration reform?

"Washington DC is stealing from these folks" - who? If undoc workers are paying in, that money is probably just covering their fair share of the costs of them being here (they still receive police and military protection, decent water and air, etc.)....

It's always nice to explain yourself unless you are a drive-by type.
What I'm getting at is exactly what I said--Washington DC is stealing from these folks--15.3% of every paycheck. What about that do you not understand?

Old 03-28-2018, 06:52 PM

I also find it interesting that none of the liberal posters in this thread seem to be alarmed about this theft. Some of them actually seem to think it's good. I.e. gov't is able to get money from them in order to cover free rides they may be getting in other ways. My solution--cut out both the free rides & the DC theft. It's never a good idea to try to compensate for one wrong by committing another wrong, not in my book anyway.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:52 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,091,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architech100 View Post
What a fantastic country we live in. Illegal immigration is huge business and Identity theft now is a multi billion dollar industry

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...benefits-to-m/
Yes, but don't worry, the dems assure us that none of these illegals are voting.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:58 PM

57,213 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
This is one way where the undocumented are feeding the system....many estimates say the "cost" of undocumenteds is really a wash. They pay into tax programs and SSA and never claim refunds or benefits. The far right will never admit this.
Employers create social security numbers for them and ends up as a benefit they will never collect.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:12 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
No such thing as an undocumented they are illegal aliens. I couldn't care less if they don't get anything back in taxes as they cost us over $100 billion a year so that's not even a wash. But the fact is that many do get more back than they pay into the system.

https://www.factcheck.org/2012/05/ta...al-immigrants/

Old 03-28-2018, 07:35 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
They're paying into SS with no prospects of ever getting any of it back.
All 11-20 million

We're probably talking about 1-2%.....that haven't stole a social security number.

Last edited by hawaiiancoconut; 03-28-2018 at 09:05 PM..

Old 03-28-2018, 07:52 PM

Local talk host Lars Larson pointed out that we've been hearing for about 20 years that 'experts' estimate about 12 million illegal aliens in the US. The number never seems to go up or down.

The truth is that nobody knows what the number is. The DACA count might be more accurate, since they had to fill out paperwork to qualify. As for the total count, nobody knows.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:56 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Employers create social security numbers for them and ends up as a benefit they will never collect.
Mine wasn't "created" for them - it was stolen and then sold. They managed to get my Social Security number and that of my spouse. We know ours was stolen from the Federal Office of Personnel Management when those who had Security clearances (and their families) were all stolen. What do you think the Odds are that some "employer" made up 2 numbers of 2 people that file a joint return???

We spent 2 years dealing with this - 3 personal meetings with the local IRS office. Many letters and finally an Appeal Office. We have been designated by the IRS as a Victim of Identity theft of Social Security numbers for our IRS Tax returns and issued a special PIN number to file with our return.

We know that our stolen numbers are being used by someone in California, but they won't tell us who is using them and our impression is they really don't care that they are being used by someone.

We pay in a lot of money to the IRS, we send a large check every year on top of what is withheld.
The persons using our numbers filed for a Tax Credit and the Federal Government sent them over $3,000 dollars ...... they wanted that money back from us and we fought it. After all, we had canceled checks and returns proving we had already paid them over $17,000 that year.

So ..... the idiots who are using our numbers are probably still doing so -- BUT, they won't be able to collect anything anymore. I guess I have to be satisfied with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.