U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 07:34 AM

16,740 posts, read 9,472,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
These mothers and babies will have to be supported by the taxpayer and will suck up our resources and taxes. I don't find that funny at all. We have enough of our own mothers and babies that we are supporting.
Should have thought of that back when you first started inviting them in to clean your pools, change your tires and diapers, re-shingle your roofs etc., because they'd do it for slave wages.

Karma! Not always to your advantage.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:58 AM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Should have thought of that back when you first started inviting them in to clean your pools, change your tires and diapers, re-shingle your roofs etc., because they'd do it for slave wages.

Who's "you"? Certainly not law abiding Americans and we aren't going to pay for the lax of our government nor those greedy people who hire them. Karma? No, not on the part of the law abiding Americans. The illegal aliens are just as guilty as those who hire them. No one forces them over the border to accept jobs they aren't lawfully entitled to.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:26 AM

10,700 posts, read 3,742,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You are the hater. Just admit it. Trump can't send $$$ to Mexican PEOPLE. It is obvious he is talking about the corrupt Mexican government. You are so blinded by Trump hate you can't even interpret your own words.
Of course he can. And we do with some countries.

And no I do not hate Trump. I would think he is the best thing that the Republicans have done for the US in a long time. That level of incompetence should help the country get rid of the right in the next two elections.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:53 AM

5,768 posts, read 3,093,113 times
Quote:
These mothers and babies will have to be supported by the taxpayer and will suck up our resources and taxes. I don't find that funny at all. We have enough of our own mothers and babies that we are supporting.
Excuse me, but I am not aware of ant mothers who need supporting. Put them on the plane.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:05 AM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Excuse me, but I am not aware of ant mothers who need supporting. Put them on the plane.

I never called them ants. What I said is if this army of mothers and kids make it into our country we will have to support them. Deter them at the border in the first place and no plane will be required.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:43 AM

1,225 posts, read 361,254 times
Quote:
I never called them ants. What I said is if this army of mothers and kids make it into our country we will have to support them. Deter them at the border in the first place and no plane will be required.
I think in order for that to happen, there would have to be a change to the asylum system.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:23 AM

11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I don’t believe that that is legal or an option. Once you reach the border you’re on American soil
If we prevent them from even setting so much as one foot on US soil, then no one will hear their fake asylum claims. If they truly had a legit claim for asylum, then they would go visit a US embassy or consulate in their own country.

Quote:

Generalize much, do you?

I never invited illegals into this country. Plus I never had a pool to clean. I took care of my own child. When we hired people to work on our property, we only hired those who were licensed and insured. When the car needed work, we took it to a reputable shop.

You live in Canada. Do you check to see if those you hire are legally authorized to work in Canada? Do you check to see if they are licensed and insured?

Old 04-02-2018, 11:34 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:

Don't look at me, I don't hire any of them to do any of that.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:39 AM

1,285 posts, read 443,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually he repealed one of the deepest laws of nature if you believe he arose from the dead.

And no he was not subjected to lawful punishment. He committed no crime.
Did you bother to actually read my entire post?

Is there a need for me to explain some parts of it to you?

Old 04-02-2018, 02:35 PM

4,515 posts, read 1,941,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And you seem not able to understand the similarity of how we treat Canadians as the Mexicans treat Hondurans. It has nothing to do with the Canadians doing anything in Canada. They come into the US and freely move around for days to months and then leave. Our Niece and husband in fact spend much of the winter in Hawaii and then come back to the US and pass on to Mexico. Then they go home to Canada. They do that pretty much every winter.

So the Mexicans allow Hondurans to pass through as we allow Canadians to pass through. In fact our Canadians often stay for long periods of time in the US.

In this particular case the Mexicans have decided to allow a group to pass through peaceably. They have no position in this battle. In fact they may well give a hard time to any Hondurans who decide to stay in Mexico. And they have enough control over their immigration system to make it stick...unlike the US.

But the US won't fix our system because the right wing will not allow it.
There is no similarity. Why do you continue to post nonsense not related to the thread topic of this caravan? American customs officials do NOT let crowds of hundreds of Canadians cross our border with no documentation. Seven pages into this and YOU STILL HAVEN'T READ THE ARTICLE. By saying Mexico is allowing them to pass peaceably you make it sound as if Mexico has checked their paperwork and spoken with every caravan member, has proof of their identities and their reason for travel just like they would for every other traveler in their country. Nope! Mexico has checked nothing because they're overwhelmed by the sheer size of the crowd and know their intent is to get to the U.S. rather than stay in Mexico.

Stop posting based on general immigration assumptions you're pulling out of your rear end, and actually read what the caravan is. Buzzfeed News's journalist, Adolfo Flores, is even embedded with the caravan and tweeting about it. He stated that municipalities are providing them buses on to the next town. Does the city of Buffalo, NY bus hordes of Canadians at our border farther south into the U.S.? NO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or