U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-01-2018, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,514 posts, read 1,940,056 times
Reputation: 6740

Advertisements

[quote=lvmensch;51489380]Right wing myth. Never happened. Standard rule. Right wingers virtually always lie when quoting the left or its beliefs.

And the Mexicans are not providing passage to illegals. They are simply allowing the citizens of nearby states to be in Mexico for a period of time. Pretty much the way we treat Canadians.[/QUOTE]

You mean we let hordes Canadians bumrush our border without paperwork and without even speaking to any customs officials? Did you even read what's going on with the caravan? They've been marching for a week through the country and have passed through every checkpoint unchallenged, though they have no documentation. The whole point of the caravan being over 1,000 people is that if the group is large enough, authorities will just relent.

 
Old 04-01-2018, 05:57 PM
 
Location: Virginia
1,285 posts, read 443,242 times
Reputation: 1141
Another thing ...

Easter is not Christmas, people.

Christ died because he allowed himself to be subject to the law, even if the charges were false.

He didn't rise from the dead to tell us, "Let people break the law for their own benefit".
 
Old 04-01-2018, 06:05 PM
 
Location: NE Mississippi
11,350 posts, read 7,399,724 times
Reputation: 16952
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Troll or just ignorant and uninformed?
He's uninformed. He's the same guy who said that the wall, which doesn't exist, dosn't stop anyone.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 06:06 PM
 
10,683 posts, read 3,738,322 times
Reputation: 4682
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Another thing ...

Easter is not Christmas, people.

Christ died because he allowed himself to be subject to the law, even if the charges were false.

He didn't rise from the dead to tell us, "Let people break the law for their own benefit".
Actually he repealed one of the deepest laws of nature if you believe he arose from the dead.

And no he was not subjected to lawful punishment. He committed no crime. So if you believe he was the Son of God he died because he chose to. There is a term for that.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 06:08 PM
 
Location: NE Mississippi
11,350 posts, read 7,399,724 times
Reputation: 16952
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Right wing myth. Never happened. Standard rule. Right wingers virtually always lie when quoting the left or its beliefs.

And the Mexicans are not providing passage to illegals. They are simply allowing the citizens of nearby states to be in Mexico for a period of time. Pretty much the way we treat Canadians.
LMAO! Well, except that we don't let Canadians into our country without their passport, and Mexico won't let them into their country without their passport.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 06:13 PM
 
Location: NE Mississippi
11,350 posts, read 7,399,724 times
Reputation: 16952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
Mexico actually passed laws made to accommodate Guatemalans who want to transition Mexico through to the US.
If I were Prez of Mexico and had encouraged such a thing, I wouldn't want to visit Trump, either. Trump will chew his ass if he gets the chance.
If, as you say, it creates a problem for Mexico, then GOOD! They asked for it.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/mexi...sage-us-easier
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I suppose that would be interesting, except it's reported it's a caravan of Hondurans......
There is no Mexico/Honduran border. The southern border of Mexico is Belize and Guatemala. Whoever they are, they came through Guatemala and they come with Mexico's blessing.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 06:13 PM
 
10,683 posts, read 3,738,322 times
Reputation: 4682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post

You mean we let hordes Canadians bumrush our border without paperwork and without even speaking to any customs officials? Did you even read what's going on with the caravan? They've been marching for a week through the country and have passed through every checkpoint unchallenged, though they have no documentation. The whole point of the caravan being over 1,000 people is that if the group is large enough, authorities will just relent.
Actually we would have no problem with a whole mess of Canadians rushing the Mexican border. I have no idea why they would as they get into Mexico with the same ease an American does.

When trying to set up similar situations you need a little more thought. That would keep the egg off your face.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,514 posts, read 1,940,056 times
Reputation: 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually we would have no problem with a whole mess of Canadians rushing the Mexican border. I have no idea why they would as they get into Mexico with the same ease an American does.

When trying to set up similar situations you need a little more thought. That would keep the egg off your face.
What egg on my face? Is that a [terrible] Easter joke? Show me the crowd of 1000+ Canadians who were allowed to breach our border on the premise that they're just passing through the US on their way to another destination. The actual thread topic is this particular caravan of "undocumented" Central Americans who are allowed to bypass all governmental checkpoints in Mexico, whose goal is to get to the U.S. border and claim asylum. Where is your news coverage of Canadians doing the same?

Like I said...you didn't read article. Maybe if I post if the fourth time some of you will actually read it.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflore...ZR#.xr74vpQ3z6

Quote:
For five days now hundreds of Central Americans — children, women, and men, most of them from Honduras — have boldly crossed immigration checkpoints, military bases, and police in a desperate, sometimes chaotic march toward the United States. Despite their being in Mexico without authorization, no one has made any effort to stop them.
Quote:
“If we all protect each other we'll get through this together,” Abeja yelled through a loudspeaker on the morning they left Tapachula, on Mexico's border with Guatemala, for the nearly monthlong trek.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 06:46 PM
 
10,683 posts, read 3,738,322 times
Reputation: 4682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
What egg on my face? Is that a [terrible] Easter joke? Show me the crowd of 1000+ Canadians who were allowed to breach our border on the premise that they're just passing through the US on their way to another destination. The actual thread topic is this particular caravan of "undocumented" Central Americans who are allowed to bypass all governmental checkpoints in Mexico, whose goal is to get to the U.S. border and claim asylum. Where is their news footage of Canadians doing the same?

Like I said...you didn't read article. Maybe if I post if the fourth time some of you will actually read it.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflore...ZR#.xr74vpQ3z6
And you seem not able to understand the similarity of how we treat Canadians as the Mexicans treat Hondurans. It has nothing to do with the Canadians doing anything in Canada. They come into the US and freely move around for days to months and then leave. Our Niece and husband in fact spend much of the winter in Hawaii and then come back to the US and pass on to Mexico. Then they go home to Canada. They do that pretty much every winter.

So the Mexicans allow Hondurans to pass through as we allow Canadians to pass through. In fact our Canadians often stay for long periods of time in the US.

In this particular case the Mexicans have decided to allow a group to pass through peaceably. They have no position in this battle. In fact they may well give a hard time to any Hondurans who decide to stay in Mexico. And they have enough control over their immigration system to make it stick...unlike the US.

But the US won't fix our system because the right wing will not allow it.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 06:52 PM
 
3,846 posts, read 3,160,344 times
Reputation: 2434
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And most will give themselves up at the border and request asylum.

Are our mothers and children in danger of death from various gangsters?
Who do you think the sperm donors are??? Take care of your own babies we don't want OR need these leaches!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top